Play Book Tag discussion

June 2017: Footnotes > Reading road trip challenge

Comments (showing 1-13 of 13) (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1586 comments Some of you have already seen this on my blog but we are hosting a summer reading challenge with prizes.

This is NOT a PBT challenge but admins here occasionally let me share some challenges I do on my personal blog.

It starts July 1 through September 30. Essentially you read you way from east coast to west coast. Of course we throw in some hitches into your travel plans too.

You can read more about it and sign up here: https://thereadersroom.org/challenges...

message 2: by Charlie (last edited Jun 29, 2017 02:07PM) (new)

Charlie  Ravioli (charlie_ravioli) | 273 comments Pretty cool. I don't think I'll have time to participate but wish I did! Thanks for sharing.

message 3: by Blueberry (new)

Blueberry (blueberry1) Jen,

I wasn't sure where to post this question on the blog. When the rules say the book must be set in the state or the author has to be from the state.....does that mean he currently lives in the state or he was born in the state?

message 4: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1586 comments Blueberry wrote: "Jen,

I wasn't sure where to post this question on the blog. When the rules say the book must be set in the state or the author has to be from the state.....does that mean he currently lives in th..."

Either one. As long as he/she has strong ties to the state (born there, grew up there, or living there then well accept it

message 5: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1586 comments Ugh, excuse the typos - writing on my phone

message 6: by Regina (new)

Regina Lindsey | 946 comments We did a game similar to this on PBT one time and it was tons of fun. If I were not about to leave on vacation I'd play.

message 7: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1586 comments Regina wrote: "We did a game similar to this on PBT one time and it was tons of fun. If I were not about to leave on vacation I'd play."

oh, how fun! That must have been before I was a member or else my memory is terrible :)

message 8: by annapi (last edited Jun 30, 2017 01:44PM) (new)

annapi | 1947 comments I'd love to do this, but as I am currently on vacation in the Philippines where I will be for a month, I think my reading will be drastically reduced this July. We are having a family reunion and my mom has lots of stuff planned!

message 9: by Karin (new)

Karin | 3021 comments Charlie wrote: "Pretty cool. I don't think I'll have time to participate but wish I did! Thanks for sharing."

New babies definitely take priority over reading challenges :)!

message 10: by Karin (new)

Karin | 3021 comments This is cool, but I'm already in the middle of a big challenge that goes until the end of August.

message 11: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1586 comments annapi wrote: "I'd love to do this, but as I am currently on vacation in the Philippines where I will be for a month, I think my reading will be drastically reduced this July. We are having a family reunion and m..."

How fun! I hope you are having a great time!

message 12: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 4755 comments Jen wrote: "Some of you have already seen this on my blog but we are hosting a summer reading challenge with prizes.

This is NOT a PBT challenge but admins here occasionally let me share some challenges I do ..."

If you can come up with a proposal and a way to link in PBT in some manner, we could give participation points for this. For example, we could give 1 point per state plus a 5 pt bonus for every book that also fits the current tag at the time the book is completed. The book would need to be posted here in the current tag thread along with a notation that it is in the challenge.

Totally up to you . . .as we won't probably have any new challenge or activity ourselves over the summer - - it's actually our quietest time.

message 13: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1586 comments Anita wrote: "Jen wrote: "Some of you have already seen this on my blog but we are hosting a summer reading challenge with prizes.

This is NOT a PBT challenge but admins here occasionally let me share some chal..."

Definitely, would love to do this! Thanks! Let me give it some thought and will email you in an hour or so.