Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting Place discussion

2017- Monthly Challenges > Grey's Five Star Favorites 2017 Challenge

Comments (showing 1-19 of 19) (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Grey (last edited Nov 24, 2017 04:00PM) (new)

Grey | 1647 comments Mod
This thread is dedicated to all of my friends that I have met because of Maryse's book blog. I chose one book from each of your 5 star reads with my ultimate goal of reading all of them this year. To achieve that, most of you all know that I combined my Pick-For-Me and 5 star favorites into 1 Goodreads shelf. You know... cheating just a tad. *giggle* But, I truly want to read all of these books before the end of the year and I figured this was the best way to accomplish my goal.

However, I'm having a little difficulty keeping track now that I'm taking books off from the Pick-For-Me list so that they aren't chosen again... so this is my scratch card, so to speak.

Feel free to post your lists here too... or start your own thread. Whatever works!

Grey's Five Star Favorites Challenge List for 2017!

Anna ~ Slammed (Slammed, #1) by Colleen Hoover Slammed by Colleen Hoover; picked by Anna as my August pick for me read, which I picked up and read on September September 2nd... A but late! 4 stars!
Amy ~ Hausfrau by Jill Alexander Essbaum Hausfrau by Jill Alexander Essbaum; Read in June as my 2nd Pick-for-Me challenge book from Fabi. Rated as 2 stars for me personally, 4 stars for the writing, so I split the difference and gave it 3 stars overall.
bev ~ Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky AlbertalliSimon and the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
Cheryl ~ Heart-Shaped Hack (Kate and Ian, #1) by Tracey Garvis-Graves Heart-Shaped Hack by Tracey Garvis- Graves
D.G. ~ Dark Room (Society X, #1) by L.P. Dover Dark Room by L.P. Dover and Heidi McLaughlin
Ela ~ The Bird and the Sword (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #1) by Amy Harmon The Bird and the Sword by Amy Harmon; read in April as my Pick-for-Me pick by Fabi, rated as 4 stars.
Fabi ~ Bad Things by Varian Krylov Bad Things by Varian Krylov
Jan ~ The Turning Point by Freya North The Turning Point by Freya North; picked by Jan as my May Pick-for-Me read, rated as 3 stars.
Jean ~ A Lover's Lament by K.L. Grayson A Lover's Lament by K.L. Grayson and B.T. Urruela; Lisa chose this as my July book for the Pick-for-me Challenge. I rated as 4.75 stars! I loved it!
Kate ~ Collide (Collide, #1) by Gail McHugh Collide by Gail McHugh; I chose to read this one in November to tick another one off this list. 4.25 stara
Leslie ~ Kiss the Sky (Calloway Sisters, #1; Addicted, #2.1) by Krista Ritchie Kiss the Sky by Krista Ritchie; Leslie picked this one as my pick for my September Pick-for-me. Read this as my PFM book, a bit late in October and rated a solid 4 stars!
Lisa ~ Lock & Key (Lock & Key, #1) by Cat Porter Lock & Key by Cat Porter
Lisa A. ~ Curing Doctor Vincent (The Good Doctor Trilogy, #1) by Renea Mason Curing Doctor Vincent by Renea Mason
Maryse ~ Forever, Interrupted by Taylor Jenkins Reid Forever, Interrupted by Taylor Jenkins Reid
Melinda ~ RUSH (Rush #1) by Emma Scott Rush by Emma Scott; read in June as my Pick for Me book as picked by Fabi and I rated as 4.5 stars.
Michelle S. ~ A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas; read the whole series on my own in July 2017, loved it! 4.5 stars for ACOTAR.
Nay/Renee ~ Avoiding Commitment (Avoiding, #1) by K.A. Linde Avoiding Commitment by K.A. Linde; Paula picked this one for me for November's PFM and I rated aa 2.5 stars.
Niki ~ Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I picked this one for myself in October because I was jonesing for a bully... 4.5 Stars!
Paula ~ Sparrow by L.J. Shen Sparrow by L.J. Shen; I picked Sparrow as my August challenge book (1 word title), and gave it 3.5 stars.
R. Renee/Robin ~ The Butterfly Project by Emma Scott The Butterfly Project by Emma Scott, I read on my own in April and rated at 4.5 stars.
Tasha ~ Carry On by Rainbow Rowell Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
Tessa ~ Carter Reed (Carter Reed, #1) by Tijan Carter Reed by Tijan; Tessa, herself wanted to throw out 2 'stronger' recommendations after seeing my list, so if i have time or want to exchange A Promise of Fire by Amanda Bouchet and Degradation By Stylo Fantome. I read all of the Degradation series over the course of a couple days at the end of August, an easy 4-4.25 stars. I very much enjoyed them

message 2: by bev (last edited Jun 28, 2017 11:31AM) (new)

bev | 719 comments 2 i love up there.
Can i pick 2 books for you too? Lol.

message 3: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 1701 comments I have been slacking on my book buddy challenge. I am gonna work on mine for summer reading. Its so much fun reading everyone's faves!!!

message 4: by Grey (new)

Grey | 1647 comments Mod
bev, if you get picked as my picker 😂 and have a hard time deciding between two and I have the time... by all means, pick 2 haha!

message 5: by Grey (new)

Grey | 1647 comments Mod
Leslie, Ive only managed a couple extra and as you can see...there are a lot here and only 6 months left of 2017! Now that it is summer break for me... I hope to knock a bunch off this list and have to make a whole new 5 star faves list!

message 6: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1383 comments lol Again, some people have better books than the one you picked from me. :D

message 7: by Grey (new)

Grey | 1647 comments Mod
Tessa wrote: "lol Again, some people have better books than the one you picked from me. :D"

Oooh, I love this comment.

I made this last way back when we first started these challenges And for the most part, I wanted the books to be standalones. So I remember that made it difficult when going through *your* list especially... then the other thing was, that we've read a lot of the same stuff! What would you suggest, instead of Carter Reed? you know, *whistles* #AskingForAFriend *giggle*

message 8: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1383 comments lol Lemme look.

message 9: by Tessa (last edited Jun 28, 2017 08:10PM) (new)

Tessa | 1383 comments Holy crap. We do read too many of the same books! lol Okay, you pretty much got the best that isn't already up there CR that's on your to read list. Best PNR that isn't up there is A Promise of Fire (which I liked more). Book I think you'll really love NOT on your TBR, Degradation by Stylo Fantome.

I should add, I'm surprised you haven't read Degradation. He's SUCH A JERK! She's sassy and it's insane.

message 10: by Niki (new)

Niki | 44 comments Love this idea Grey!!! Obsidian is very good!!

message 11: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 623 comments Think I may combine my shelves too...

message 12: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1383 comments Niki, that was one of the books I was thinking I liked better than Carter Read. :) And Daemon is such a bully in it, I know she'll love it.

message 13: by Grey (new)

Grey | 1647 comments Mod
I read A Lover's Lament as my monthly challenge read from Lisa and LOVED it! 4.75 stars!!

message 14: by Grey (new)

Grey | 1647 comments Mod
Tessa, you're making me wonder if I should squirrel away from my original intentions with this list.. I do, in fact, own degradation...

message 15: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1383 comments Degradation is GOOD! I'm saying replace Carter Read with it. It's a 5 star read for me too, and it's INSANE! The angst was high and she wasn't a weak innocent through most of the book. However, yeah. You GOTTA read it.

message 16: by Grey (new)

Grey | 1647 comments Mod
this month I am cheating...haha, shocker, right? I'm using this list for my one word title challenge drawing pool, as well! so Paula!!! My 5 star fave choice from your list is what I am picking today. Sparrow by L.J. Shen.

message 17: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 1701 comments I have been double dipping (sometimes even triple) with my challenge books too! Why not?? If it fits parameters of challenge then go for it!

message 18: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Ruyten | 648 comments Grey is Sparrow good? I haven't read that one either. Damn Maryse, I keep adding and adding and adding and I have so many in my Tbr. Not sure where to start.

message 19: by Grey (new)

Grey | 1647 comments Mod
Melinda, it was OK for me. Not one I lost my mind over.