Who's Your Author? discussion

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) | 205 comments I just picked up this book today, and I was wondering how everyone that has read it liked it? I have read the first couple of books and a few of the later ones, so I feel like I know plenty to read it. So what did you guys think? Please no spoilers (or notify at top of post).

message 2: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) I'm starting it today too :D I've read all the others except acheron and the new one so...i'm excited :D

message 3: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments It's my favorite of the series, but I did read the entire series leading up to this one. Which books have you read so far?

message 4: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) | 205 comments Seize the Night, Dance with the Devil, Night Pleasures, Sins of the Night, and all Dream Hunter Novels.

message 5: by Jess (last edited Aug 03, 2009 04:06PM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Acheron was a great book and is one of my favorites of the series. It's sort of split into two books. Acheron was such a mystery throughout the series and every book sort of had a teaser about him, or a little fact that his DH friends would mention. But no one really knew him. this book gives more insights into his character, Although I enjoyed the second half of the book a lot more than the first half.

if you liked the other books Lenore, I think you'll really like this one as well.

message 6: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Lenore - there is one other book in the series that I personally recommend that you read before you read Acheron. It's Devil May Cry. It gives a lot of info about Acheron and Artemis. So you might want to pick it up first. I mean, you don't have to. But I'd recommend it!

message 7: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Oo that's one of my faves Kelley! I love Sin!

message 8: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments I love him too! Those 2 books as well as Night Play and Unleash the Night are probably my favorites. I really like the were-hunters! Much better than the dream hunters!

I actually haven't read Dream Warrior yet. I really need to since Bad Moon Rising comes out in a few days. I am really looking forward to reading Fang's story!

message 9: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) | 205 comments I should have picked that one up today then too, Kelley. It was also one of the hardback bargain books at BN. (I got Acheron in hardback for $7) I wish I had known! If I get the chance before I read Acheron, since I have a challenge to do that it won't fit into just yet, I will pick it up. Thanks for the advice.

message 10: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments Funny, Jess, because I loved the first half to bits. The second, modern storyline felt very rushed to me.

The description of his past was just epic. I wanted the present to match that.

I still loved the book. I read them all in order (I'm a stickler for that), so like you said, Acheron was such a culmination of everything we'd learned in the series. So many questions answered. And yet so many more created!

And I adore Sin, too!

message 11: by Sara (new)

Sara (leelan) | 51 comments I tried to read them in order and did for the most part. I think I have decided that this series almost doesn't matter what order you read them in because she will mention characters then not bring them back for a few books so your still trying to remember who is who. Acheron was my favorite of all of them though. I just read Dream Chaser and was dissapointed with it. I had read a lot of good reviews on it so was surprised that I didn't like it. There are some great books in this series and then others I feel could have been left out.

message 12: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) I read every book thats out before Acheron :P Even the ones that were published after it and I'm still loving it. I'm on page 400 someting already from yesterday :D

message 13: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (shinhbang) | 12 comments Holy crap. This book is amazing! Acheron's story is well-developed. I'm surprised lots of people wasn't very fond of Acheron's book. They said it was too brutal. But Sherrilyn did warn that she wasn't going to hold back on anything. I love the book however! Maybe because I'm being bias? Whatever.

message 14: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (MarissaGarrison) | 8 comments I love love love this book... one of my fave's in the series... I have a bunch that I love, but this is definitely tops! I love the history and the origins of acheron - very interesting to read... I will re-read again eventually, haven't gotten back around to it yet... waiting to get new book from the library, not sure if i want to buy it at this point in time... Acheron is the only one I have in hardcover :)

message 15: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments I think that if she had released Acheron first, I might not have really liked it! I probably would have thought that it was a bit too dark for my taste, plus the 2 parts would have felt weird to me. First the history and then a romance? But for her to release it at the point that she did, I think was brilliant! I was alreay so invested in Acheron and wanted to know his past. It made things so much more powerful. I already loved him, now I got to find out what made him into the man he is! LOVED it! It's still my favorite dark hunter book, by far.