Paper & Glam Book Club discussion

Summer Days and Summer Nights: Twelve Love Stories
This topic is about Summer Days and Summer Nights
Currently Reading > June 2017: Summer Days & Summer Nights

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisamarie (last edited Jun 28, 2017 07:46AM) (new)

Lisamarie Landreth (paperandglam) | 194 comments Mod
Happy Summer Reading Sisters!

I'm prepping for June's session of Book Club tomorrow night and I'd love to get your thoughts on Summer Days & Summer Nights!

I'll update the string this afternoon with our discussion questions and the link to the watch room. Happy Wednesday!

Sarah Piper (hope5980) | 14 comments Just finished it today. OMG!

1) NOT what I was expecting. NOT the kind of "love stories" I thought these were going to be .... but SOOO good.
2) some of these need to be full books. Seriously.

Excited for the YouTube chat to hear everyone else's thoughts.

"Inertia" is still my favorite story ... oddly followed by "Brand New Attraction".

message 3: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Hitchcock | 4 comments I'm finding this hard to get into. I am starting Inertia next. I'm a bit behind, but will finish it. But hey, at least it has shown me maybe short stories aren't my thing..

Tanelle Nash | 26 comments Hated it. I didn't like any of the stories until halfway through

Desi | 6 comments It took me a while to get into it but I didn't hate it. I thought it was an easy/cute summer read. To me, the 2nd half was much better. Some stories seemed like they just didn't have enough pages (which I'm assuming is because the authors are novel writers) so they seemed kind of choppy and odd and others flowed better. Going into it I expected some to be better/more liked than others because it is such a large collection with so many different takes on a "love story".