Tamora Pierce Lovers discussion

Kel's Lovers

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Madeline (new)

Madeline | 6 comments I hated Cleon with Kel. They were the dumbest couple. She should marry Dom!!

message 2: by Allison (new)

Allison (alanacooper) | 117 comments Mod
who was Dom--- wait was he that one Bazar person? i don't remember....

message 3: by Rachel (Sfogs) (new)

Rachel (Sfogs) Lol my sister always told me off for 'getting to worried about characters relationships in books'!!

Adopt one today!
Adopt one today!
Adopt one today! Adopt one today!
((Please Click on my dragon eggs it will help them grow))

message 4: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 362 comments Mod
dom is neals cousin, the one that invented the 'meathead' title...

message 5: by Allison (new)

oooh yeah i remember him! didn't she like date him at some point in the series? they would be prefect!

message 6: by Allison (new)

would have been i mean

message 7: by Siareen (new)

nah. she just has these flirting parts with him. at least as far as i remeber

message 8: by Allison (new)

i haven't read this book in forever! i'll have to read it again.
yeah i kinda remember them flirting...

message 9: by Siareen (new)

ya...

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

There are supposed to be more books about Kel in the future

wow ^2009?? are all the Tamora Pierce groups just dying out?????

message 11: by Siareen (new)

really?!?!? cool!!!!
wait- thats not good!!! dont let the groups die!!!!!

message 12: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 16, 2011 11:04AM) (new)

Yepp :)

MORE ON NEW RELEASES (dated September 2009)

Tammy: I plan on quite a few more Tortall books, and heaven knows what they’ll all be about. Right now I’ve got two Numair books, then Maura’s book under contract. After that will come one or two more books about Kel. After that I’m not sure about the order, but the books I definitely have planned are ones centered around Aly, Dove, and Dove’s choice of a consort; the lives of Aly’s children, particularly Ochobai, who is a Little Person; Neal’s daughter, who will go for her knighthood in a time when there are far more girls training as knights than there were in Kel’s day. There’s also Daine’s children Sarralyn and Rikash, who have to find their way. Rikash will be telling that story, because I’m terrified of his sister, but he isn’t.

I think that’s all I have in mind right now. There may be more with Irnai and Tobe from the Kel books, and Kaddar and Kalasin, and Alanna’s sons. Certainly there will be requests from fans for other characters who appear in the books, and who knows who my brain will pick up and say, “You know, there is a story for this one.” My brain lives a life of its own, wild and free. I just try to keep up.

INTERVIEW TAKEN FROM http://tpwords.wordpress.com/

There is also a colletion of tortall short stories being released next month

message 13: by Siareen (new)

cool!!!! wait, whos maura??!?!
lol, daines son is names Rikash!!!!!!!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Maura is the girl from Wolf Speaker

message 15: by Siareen (new)

oh ya. i remember her...

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I love that Daine named her son that lol. Also i heard that the Kel books will probably be written in the view point of Kels future Squire

message 17: by Siareen (new)

cool. i think the books would get stupid at some point though, if she does too many

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Stupid? How so?

message 19: by Siareen (new)

i dont know. just too much of the same kinda thing, you know? too many angles, too many new ideas to think about. the stories will start becoming the same thing

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I disagree , i love all the diffrent ways of viewing the characters, and the more new ideas the better

message 21: by Siareen (new)

i also do. but as short stories. im just saying it might get too dragged out, you know what i mean?

message 22: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid PotS was probably my very favorite of all the series. Kel was amazing. And Neal was sweet and adorable.

message 23: by Katerina (new)

Katerina (klymene) So, Cleon's out, as in he couldn't marry Kel. Neal and Kel never really were a couple and honestly, they would have ended up like Jon and Alanna. And Dom is still available. I think Kel and Dom would be perfect. Honestly.

message 24: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid But, does she need a man? She can't stay happily single? All of the girls seem to get married...

message 25: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid Siareen wrote: "cool. i think the books would get stupid at some point though, if she does too many"

I get that as well, it just might get over done. I agree completely. They are good now, too many might ruin what is already decent.

message 26: by Katerina (new)

Katerina (klymene) Way-chan (Aspiring Author) wrote: "But, does she need a man? She can't stay happily single? All of the girls seem to get married..."

Yeah, I suppose. Like Rin. *sigh*

message 27: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (catland) Madeline wrote: "I hated Cleon with Kel. They were the dumbest couple. She should marry Dom!!"

How is this even a valid opinion?

message 28: by Caitlin (last edited Aug 11, 2011 08:21PM) (new)

Caitlin (catland) Way-chan (Aspiring Author) wrote: "But, does she need a man? She can't stay happily single? All of the girls seem to get married..."

MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS, tread with caution.

I feel like Kel will be the one to have many relationships, and won't commit for a while. But I think the reason so many of the women in Tammy's books get married is just the society they live in. Could Alanna's children be an heir to the Barony of Olau or Pirate's Swoop if she didn't marry George? Daine, who grew up a bastard child, felt it important to give her children a proper father and not live in shame. Aly, well, who knows why does does half the things she does? And Beka is still not committed and most likely won't be at the end of Mastiff. And Daja and Briar seem to be the only Circle kids who are sexually active by Will of the Empress. It's a societal standard, and honestly, what's wrong with marriage? Alanna had her fun but found a wonderful husband who loves her as she is and settled down with him. Their love doesn't change just because they were legally wed or not.

message 29: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid I have absolutely no issue with marriage. I never meant that.
I meant, mainly, that I have a hard time seeing Kel marrying or even wanting a husband. For her character, I think a commitment like marriage might not be the best thing.
Also, I'm just tired of romances in general.

message 30: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (catland) I meant it to be a more rhetorical question, not an attack. :P

But no, I agree. I think Kel makes/has made too many commitments, and marriage would be kind of demanding for her (and an unnecessary demand at that!).

I do wonder if Kel feels a strong want/need/desire to be intimate. I mean, Alanna liked intimacy once she got past her fear of it, and I think her cold father and lack of mother meant that Alanna needed the attention (not in a negative way, just that maybe subconsciously she felt a little neglected).

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Actually Beka is an unknown right now. (spoiler) At the begining of Mastiff shes supposed to be engaged.

I dont see Kel settling down anytime soon but maybe after shes been a knight for a few years?

message 32: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (catland) Regarding Beka: Really? How interesting.

As for Kel, I'm thinking she'll be more like Raoul. It will take her a long time to finally settle down and have a more meaningful relationship.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Madeline wrote: "I hated Cleon with Kel. They were the dumbest couple. She should marry Dom!!"

I totally agree. Dom and Kel are a really good couple!!! :D