Play Book Tag discussion

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (Sisterhood, #1)
June 2017: Coming of Age > The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. 4 stars

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Joni | 424 comments Carmen got the jeans at a thrift shop. They didn’t look all that great: they were worn, dirty, and speckled with bleach. On the night before she and her friends part for the summer, Carmen decides to toss them. But Tibby says they’re great. She'd love to have them. Lena and Bridget also think they’re fabulous. Lena decides that they should all try them on. Whoever they fit best will get them. Nobody knows why, but the pants fit everyone perfectly. Even Carmen (who never thinks she looks good in anything) thinks she looks good in the pants. Over a few bags of cheese puffs, they decide to form a sisterhood and take the vow of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants . . . the next morning, they say good-bye. And then the journey of the pants — and the most memorable summer of their lives — begins.

I really really enjoyed this book. It's about a connection between 4 teenage girls. The girls are the best of friends but are all 4 totally different in personalities, likes and dislikes Their connection was amazing. This is what we call today a tribe. I also have a tribe.....but I don't think that we would share pants. :) I do look forward to reading the rest of the series.

LibraryCin | 4036 comments I really enjoyed this series, as well!

message 3: by Joi (new)

Joi (MissJoious) | 1801 comments Flashback to middle school with this book! I loved it growing up, and had a group of friends that all "casted" ourselves as the girls in this. If I remember correctly, I was Lena because she was the 'romantic one'. Also I was not sporty, not film-makery, and did not have divorced parents lol.

Barbara M (Barbara-M) | 1053 comments I have this on my phone as an audio. I may start it for another book for this month.