What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Mystery/Suspense/Fiction about a woman who writes books, both as herself and under a pseudonym. She was kidnapped from a playground as a child, along with her sister.

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily Farmer I am looking for a book I read sometime between 2007-2010 while I was in High School. It was an adult book about a woman who writes books, both as herself and under a pseudonym. She was kidnapped from a playground as a child, along with her sister. They were tied up in a basement where they were given a bottle of water that they rolled back and forth from across the room. While in the basement, her sister died. Currently, the woman has a bodyguard but her kidnapper has started sending her things in the mail or leaving them for her. I think the bodyguard is her brother? Maybe. This was a physical book.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 13589 comments Mod
Emily, is the sister who survived older or a twin? About how old were they when the crime took place?

What's the location - U.S./country, region, big city/small town?

What kind of books does the surviving sister write?

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily Farmer Kris,

The location is in the US, I believe in the city, but I can't remember which city. They were kidnapped as children, but I cannot remember how old they were. I am pretty the surviving sister is older, and that the brother/bodyguard was nearby when they were kidnapped.

The surviving sister writes maybe children's books? Or just regular fiction, but also writes darker books under a pseudymn.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 13589 comments Mod
Is there romance in the story? If so, who is her romantic interest?

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily Farmer Kris, I don't beleive there is romance, or if there is, it isn't the focus. (Sorry, I can't remember many of the details.)

message 6: by Kate (new)

Kate (katiebobus) | 191 comments following