Book-A-Holics, Not So Anonymous discussion

BOTM > July 2017

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Little Bee (new)

Little Bee (LittleBeesReads) | 697 comments Mod
Shall we try for a book in July? Im going to have some free time coming up :)

How about a cozy mystery? Love those. Lol

The Secret of the Cupcake Murder Case (Poisoned Cake #1) by Lala Brown Poisoned Chocolate cake (Death by Cake #1) by Charlie Chu Maple Syrup Murder (An Oh Fudge! Cozy Mystery Series #1) by Grace Lemon First-Degree Fudge (A Fudge Shop Mystery #1) by Christine DeSmet Sprinkle with Murder (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #1) by Jenn McKinlay Killer Cupcakes (Lexy Baker #1) by Leighann Dobbs The St. Valentine's Day Cookie Massacre (Hatter's Cove Gazette Mystery #1) by Elisabeth Crabtree Death Is Like a Box of Chocolates (A Chocolate Covered Mystery #1) by Kathy Aarons

I dont have a sweet tooth or anything lol

message 2: by Julie (new)

Julie | 568 comments I'm not a huge cozy fan, but they are nice for a light read. I just put these two on hold. Let's read whichever one comes in first. Sound good?

Sprinkle with Murder (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #1) by Jenn McKinlay Death Is Like a Box of Chocolates (A Chocolate Covered Mystery #1) by Kathy Aarons

message 3: by Little Bee (new)

Sounds good!! There is one supernatural cozy series i read and it is great. I read a food themed one and it was okay

message 4: by Julie (new)

Julie | 568 comments Some of them are so corny.....I have read a few food ones and wasn't that impressed. I have read all of the Cats in Trouble series by Leann Sweeney and they are getting pretty high up on the corny meter as well!

message 5: by Little Bee (new)

Witch Is When It All Began (A Witch P.I. Mystery #1) by Adele Abbott this series is pretty good....I do them on audible though because the narrator is seriously fantastic and I enjoy her voices for all the characters

message 6: by Julie (new)

Julie | 568 comments Narrators can seriously make or break an audio book! I love the Stephanie Plum series. I've read all the books through book five then got six on audio from the library. The narrator is horrible! :(

message 7: by Little Bee (new)

I agree...I HATED the narrator for Divergent..I have listened to quite a few of her books and there is only 1 series I have listened to her that she actually MADE the book because her voice just fit for the story line. There are few narrators I will specifically listen to the book because they narrated it!!

message 8: by Julie (new)

Julie | 568 comments I just got an e-mail that Sprinkle with Murder is ready for me to check out. I will grab it today & start on it next week!

message 9: by Little Bee (new)

Sounds good!!