Bookmarks Subscribers discussion

March/April 2009 > A Journal for Jordan by Dana Canedy

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lbhick) | 986 comments A Journal for Jordan Hopes, Prayers, and Life Lessons from a Fallen Soldier and the Woman He Loved for the Son He Left Behind by Dana Canedy A Journal for Jordan Hopes, Prayers, and Life Lessons from a Fallen Soldier and the Woman He Loved for the Son He Left Behind by Dana Canedy

I put this on my TBR months ago after reading the reviews in Bookmarks and today I found it on the new release shelf in the library. I plan on starting it by next week. Has anyone else read this yet?

message 2: by Laura Ellis (new)

Laura Ellis | 4 comments On my to read list. I have heard great things about this one.
laura

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lbhick) | 986 comments I'm still sniffling. Dana Canedy has written an honest, sensitive book about her fiancee, First Sergeant Charles King, who was killed in Baghdad. She shares their love story and the insightful journal entries King wrote for his son to guide him in becoming not just a man, but a gentleman. King was an exemplary soldier, thoughtful son, devoted father and respectful companion. Canedy penned a portrait of her man to help Jordan know the spirit of his father and remind the rest of the world of the value of a good man, a hero on and off the battlefield.

message 4: by Barb (new)

Barb | 75 comments I have this one on my list for Santa. It seemed like one I would like to own so I could reread it occasionally. Glad to hear it lives up to its hype.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lbhick) | 986 comments Barb, I think you'll appreciate this book. I'd love a follow-up down the road to see how Canedy and her son are doing.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Journal for Jordan (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Dana Canedy (other topics)