Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Need to change default book cover

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Austin (LynnAustin) | 6 comments I thought I had this fixed but I must not have. I have a new edition of my book with a new cover. How can I make this new cover the default? My readers want to leave reviews but they are confused by the cover discrepancy.

message 2: by Koenraad (new)

Koenraad (koenraadkelemen) | 3368 comments As the author, you have the ability to change which edition of the book is the default, which will come up in searches by title and show on your author profile. Here's how: https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...

message 3: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Austin (LynnAustin) | 6 comments I'm so sorry...but I can not find "set as default" These are the options I see,

Delete Photo
Add additional images »
Disable tooltips
Refresh book and work rating stats
Refresh book page cache
Edit the description

What am I doing wrong?

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 9920 comments Lynn, as librarians we cannot see the "set as default" either, only authors can.

So if you can't see it, I suggest you get in touch with support, and they will be able to help you.

support @ goodreads (dot) com

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 32182 comments Mod
I think Tim meant Lynn N. Austin. However, he is correct that only the first listed author (in this case, Lynn N. Austin, which is not a claimed profile) would be able to set the default edition.

I got this one, but for any future similar issues, please use the Contact Us link on the Help page or the email address Sandra provided above.

message 6: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Austin (LynnAustin) | 6 comments Thank you for solving the mystery! I will follow up with GR support.