What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Can't remember name of historical romance book

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lulu (new)

Lulu August  | 3 comments I read this book 9 to 10 years ago. It was a paperback book. Set in historical times. A girl runs away from home, gets sold to be a nanny to a man who had a baby. the man falls in love with her, they get married and then she gets pregnant. The girl's parents later find her and are disappointed in her cuz she didn't marry who they wanted her to marry ( I think) but the let it go because she was pregnant already. There's also a scared man in the book. And I think mystery behind the man's wife death. Sorry dunno if I'm missing stuffs on.But I'll really appreciate it if I can find the name of the book. Thanks

message 2: by Lobstergirl, sniffing Sharpies (new)

Lobstergirl | 20473 comments Mod
Oluchi, please add some plot details to your header. This could get your query solved faster. If you are unable, a mod can help.

Can you be more specific than "historical times"? E.g. Victorian, 16th century, medieval, other? Remember the cover? What country/region was it set in?

message 3: by Lulu (new)

Lulu August  | 3 comments Well, I remember the cover was blue. Well I can't be more specific, because I don't know. I just know they wore petticoats and breaches back then. It was set in either france or England. Because I remember the girl broaded a ship from France to England or England to France. Sorry I read the book just once. I can't remember much.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 13662 comments Mod
Oluchi, was the heroine's family very poor? Did her father sell her?

Was the hero very rich, titled/aristocratic, or owned the ship?

message 5: by Lulu (new)

Lulu August  | 3 comments No the heroin parents were rich. And they didn't sell her. The hero wasn't titled. He lived in a village where there were rumours about the circumstances concerning his wife's death. I think someone threw her off the cliff or something