Horror Aficionados discussion

Heart-Shaped Box
This topic is about Heart-Shaped Box
Audio Group Listens > July group listen- Heart Shaped Box

Comments (showing 1-22 of 22) (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Latasha (latasha513) | 6474 comments Mod
July's winner is Heart Shaped Box. Listen & have a good time! Please use spoiler tags.

Nate (The_Enobee) | 147 comments Very cool. I've been looking for an excuse to revisit this one, and audio should be just the ticket.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 382 comments I read this years ago but I'm going to try to squeeze it in. I have the book if that's okay to read it =]

Aden | 40 comments Got my credit just in time.

message 5: by Marco (new) - added it

Marco Kamerbeek | 3 comments Tell me why do you think this is a book I should read/listen too?

Finished The girl next door this evening. It was thrilling could t stop reading. Pure dread seeing the story unfold.

Started The heart shaped box right after, read chapter 1 and 2 and getting ready to sleep.

What is it that will draw me in to the story tomorrow?

message 6: by Luzbeth (new) - added it

Luzbeth De Lenfent | 1 comments Got it on my to-read bookshelf, and never listened an audiobook before. Sounds exciting. Hope that I find it in spanish.

Yeah Melissa, that fine. I read this years ago and didn't care much for it. Sorry guys!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 382 comments I can't even remember it :-/

I didn't like the main guy so I never cared what happened to him.

message 11: by K. (new) - rated it 5 stars

K. Rose | 16 comments lol. weird that I got this on audible last month with the intentions of listening to it this summer. awesome coincidence. I'll be joining in for sure.

Randy | 121 comments I really liked this one! Although, I remember thinking that if I had read it rather than listened to it I would have interpreted the main characters speech patterns and attitude differently than how the narrator portrayed him... if that makes sense...

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 297 comments I didn't think this was the best work from Hill. The writing wasn't great but the idea was really creepy. It's worth a read still, just for the creepy bits.

The original version of my profile photo was a gif that had scribbly eyes.

My copy of the book was bound out of order so I had to skip backwards and forwards to find the right pages. I forgot about it until I lent it to someone a little while ago and he was confused when the story suddenly skipped forward.

message 14: by Greg (new) - rated it 4 stars

Greg Markwardt | 334 comments I'm about a quarter way through. It's a decent read so far albeit not as good as his other 3 novels in my opinion. I am really enjoying the premise and I do not find the character unlikable. However some of the dream sequences and scenes of inner dialog get a little long winded and slow up the pace of the story.

Felina | 75 comments I originally read this several years ago. I remember really liking it but I don't really remember much about it. I don't think I've read any other Hill. I'd be interested in revisiting this one. I think my audible credits come on the 16th. That feel like forever!

message 16: by Greg (new) - rated it 4 stars

Greg Markwardt | 334 comments Anyone notice that the audio book (for audible anyway) is 666 minutes long. LoL

lol I did not!

message 18: by Greg (new) - rated it 4 stars

Greg Markwardt | 334 comments Just finished. Over all it was another good read by Hill. I have now read all of his main novels thanks largely in part to our group listens.

I thought it was a very unique take on the ghost story and the pacing was great. The whole hypnotizing ghost thing I thought was a bit out there but it didn't bother me much.

The one thing I did have a problem was picturing Jude with a beard. I imagined him more with a Tommy Lee look.

aPriL does feral sometimes  (CheshireScratch) | 218 comments Satisfyingly macabre! Bet it would make a good movie.

message 20: by Aden (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aden | 40 comments I'm having a hard time deciding how I felt about this. One one hand you have a pretty good ghost story. Creepy, like you would want. But, on the other hand, I really got tired of Jude.

I didn't like him either.

Ashley (bookwormAHN) | 71 comments *spoiler alert*
It took me awhile to get into it but once I did, I really enjoyed it. But *spoiler alert* why did the dogs half to die? They were my favorite characters. I had a hard time liking Jude. I wanted to just slap him during a lot of the book.