Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Murder in Maspalomas (Almost Real, #1)
This topic is about Murder in Maspalomas
Adding New Books > Authors Book - changed format

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (new) - added it

Mark Rice (MarkJR) | 4 comments Added book a few days ago as a paperback and today changed format to ebook. I successfully updated the book format but when I go to activate the E Giveaway it says I have not uploaded any ebooks. In fact Goodreads on the book edit page also says I have not uploaded any ebooks. I did give it an hour before trying anything.

I have seen this topic many times in this group but its fixed by you skilled librarians and it doesn't seem to be within author abilities to do it.
Issue applies to both my books on Goodreads

message 2: by Cassandra (last edited Jun 26, 2017 01:10PM) (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4201 comments Mark wrote: "Added book a few days ago as a paperback and today changed format to ebook. I successfully updated the book format but when I go to activate the E Giveaway it says I have not uploaded any ebooks. I..."

Formats are ISBN specific; you can't just change the format to ebook when the ISBN belongs to the pbk edition. I've reverted that change, so in reality you don't have an actual ebook to list for a giveaway. You would need a Kindle edition with ASIN or ebook format with an ISBN that is specifically for that edition. Beyond that, librarians can't help with giveaways; if you need any other help with the giveaway itself, please contact support here https://www.goodreads.com/about/conta...

message 3: by Mark (new) - added it

Mark Rice (MarkJR) | 4 comments Both books have Kindle versions -
Murder in Maspalomas has an ASIN code of B073B2XQLX
Fur Coats & other stories has an ASIN code of B00I4CTA20

So I need to add the two Kindle books?
Can I delete the two paperbacks? I had a look but couldn't see how.
Thanks for your assistance, all a bit new to me

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 9906 comments Mark, I've added the kindle edition for Murder in Maspalomas. The kindle edition of Fur Coats & other stories has been in the database since 2014, however you aren't the primary author.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

And we never delete a book that has been published, so no to deleting the paperbacks. Think of Goodreads like a library, we hang on to books whether in or out of print.

As to all the rest, librarians don't have anything to do with giveaways as Cassandra said. She's linked support, so that should be your next point of contact :)

message 5: by Mark (new) - added it

Mark Rice (MarkJR) | 4 comments Sandra, thanks for adding the Kindle version. I have visited the link you included and it does relate to the Kindle version but when I start to add the book to the "List for Giveaway" the T&C clearly state I am giving away physical printed copies, not ebooks.

Is there another place to go where I can offer ebook copies?

I looked all over the Goodreads website (inc Help) for linked support and/or for Cassandra but I can't find either. I'm crap so apologies - can you say where I should email or log a help request?

message 6: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4201 comments Mark wrote: "Sandra, thanks for adding the Kindle version. I have visited the link you included and it does relate to the Kindle version but when I start to add the book to the "List for Giveaway" the T&C clear..."

I provided a link to support in message #2 in this thread; I'll repost here https://www.goodreads.com/about/conta....