Clean Reads discussion

Clean Ghost Stories?

Comments (showing 1-21 of 21) (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elena (new)

Elena | 77 comments Can anyone recommend any clean books with ghosts? Not horror, just another genre that has ghosts in it. Thanks!

message 3: by Marie Silk (new)

Marie Silk | 5 comments Thank you for the recommendations, C. :)

message 4: by Shash (new)

Shash | 3 comments An Unlikely Match by Sarah M. Eden - I love this one!

message 5: by C. (new)

C. | 235 comments Marie Silk wrote: "Thank you for the recommendations, C. :)"

You're very welcome. :D

message 7: by Elena (new)

Elena | 77 comments Thank you so much for the recommendations! I forgot to mention I'm looking for books with little to no romance. Thanks!

message 8: by C. (last edited Jun 27, 2017 01:34AM) (new)

C. | 235 comments Elena wrote: "Thank you so much for the recommendations! I forgot to mention I'm looking for books with little to no romance. Thanks!"
Oh, wow ,in that case then disregard my recommendation for the 3 books by Susanna Kearsley because they are definitely paranormal romance!
Actually except for the children's/YA ,most of them are!

message 9: by Elena (new)

Elena | 77 comments Oh, wow ,in that case then disregard my recommendation for th..."

No problem, C.! It was my fault because I forgot to request no romance.

message 10: by Diane (new)

Diane Rapp (DianeRappAuthor) | 79 comments Elena wrote: "Can anyone recommend any clean books with ghosts? Not horror, just another genre that has ghosts in it. Thanks!"
You should check out my mystery novel MURDER ON A GHOST SHIP. There is very little romance but lots of mystery. The ghost is determined to stop her murderer from striking again. If you miss the TV show Ghost Whisperer, then this novel is for you. Murder on a Ghost Ship

message 11: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina Michel | 25 comments Hi Elena - One book I can think of which is clean and has a "Ghost" theme, is Danielle Steele's "Ghost". I read it when I was still very young - so it might not impress me as much these days as it did then. But I remember enjoying it back in the day !

message 12: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina Michel | 25 comments PS - I do have to warn you that it's somewhat romantic though and if I remember correctly, there is some time/travel involved.

message 13: by Angela (new)

Angela | 3 comments Beyond Beyond by Catina Haverlock
This is my first comment in the group, hope I'm doing it right! I co-authored this clean ghost story. It's intensely romantic, but clean. We call our style "clean steam" :) Hope you enjoy!
Angie

message 14: by Angela (new)

Angela | 3 comments Oh goodness, now I saw the "no romance" request. Whoopsies.

message 15: by Elena (new)

Elena | 77 comments Lol, no problem.

message 16: by C. (new)

C. | 235 comments Angela wrote: "Oh goodness, now I saw the "no romance" request. Whoopsies."

It's even harder to find ghost stories that are not "horror"! What kind of ghost story is not horror, unless it IS a paranormal romance????

message 17: by Elena (new)

Elena | 77 comments C. wrote: "Angela wrote: "Oh goodness, now I saw the "no romance" request. Whoopsies."

It's even harder to find ghost stories that are not "horror"! What kind of ghost story is not horror, unless it IS a par..."

I understand what you mean, C. I was thinking of stories like the "Green Knowe" series....or I guess mainly stories where the ghost isn't menacing or evil. Yeah, those would be harder to come up with.

message 18: by Sandy (last edited Jul 24, 2017 01:31PM) (new)

Sandy (sngrant) | 31 comments Elena wrote: "Can anyone recommend any clean books with ghosts? Not horror, just another genre that has ghosts in it. Thanks!"

Wait Until Helen Comes, The Graveyard Book, Ghost Soldier, Golden and Grey, The Revenant of Thraxton Hall: The Paranormal Casebooks of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ,

message 19: by Ken (new)

Ken | 42 comments The Ghost of Dibble Hollow, by May Nickerson Wallace, is a book I loved in elementary school. That's been many years ago and I haven't seen it since. I don't remember much about it, but your question brought it to mind--so I'll throw it out there for consideration.

message 20: by C. (last edited Aug 12, 2017 06:07AM) (new)

C. | 235 comments Elena wrote:"I understand what you mean, C. I was thinking of stories like the "Green Knowe" series....or I guess mainly stories where the ghost isn't menacing or evil. Yeah, those would be harder to come up with."

Ok, so that definitely pretty much limits them to Middle-grade/YA books, and/or Paranormal cozy mysteries.(Have you tried any of those?)

Aunt Dimity's Death (An Aunt Dimity Mystery #1) by Nancy Atherton

A Haunting is Brewing (Witchcraft Mystery, #6.5; Haunted Home Renovation Mystery, #4.5) by Juliet Blackwell

If Walls Could Talk (Haunted Home Renovation Mystery, #1) by Juliet Blackwell

If Fried Chicken Could Fly (Gram’s Country Cooking School Mystery, #1) by Paige Shelton

Them Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney, #1) by Carolyn Haines

A Ghostly Undertaking (Ghostly Southern Mysteries, #1) by Tonya Kappes

Ghost a la Mode (A Ghost of Granny Apples Mystery, #1) by Sue Ann Jaffarian

Ghostly Paws (Mystic Notch Cozy Mystery, #1) by Leighann Dobbs

message 21: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Wood (KathrynLouiseWood) Elena wrote: "Can anyone recommend any clean books with ghosts? Not horror, just another genre that has ghosts in it. Thanks!"
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...
I humbly suggest my book- Sea Snow, the gentle haunting of a 19th century lighthouse. It's historical fiction with a supernatural twist written in journal form by the young bride of turn-of-the-century lighthouse keeper. Enjoy! Kathryn Louise Wood