The Challenge Factory discussion

2017 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > July Buddy Read Discussion

Comments (showing 1-20 of 20) (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (last edited Jun 25, 2017 10:59PM) (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 3368 comments Mod
Buddy Read

July Buddy Read Discussion
Duration: 01 July 2017 - 31 July 2017

Instructions & Info:

Rules:

Use this thread to find your buddy and determine your book! You can always start by posting books, authors or genres you are interested in. When you decide who your buddy will be and what book(s) you're going to read head on over to the FINAL SIGN UP thread (see link at bottom) and tell me your book and buddy there (there will be instructions to follow).

1. If you want to participate post your name and let people know what genre(s) you are interested in reading and/or any books that you're interested in reading.

2. If you already know who you’d like to read with, go to the Final Sign Up thread and post your information for me!

3. Groups of 3 or more are also fine, the more the merrier.

4. I will create Buddy Discussion Threads for each Buddy group and you will be able to start reading and discussing.

5. There are no rules on what, how much or how often to discuss or how best to pace your reading - whatever works best for each individual group.

5.The challenge usually spans a month. If you'd like to start a longer buddy read, you can mention the time frame you have in mind when posting to look for a buddy. If you need more time to finish your book at the end of the month, just drop me a line in the next month's sign ups to keep your thread open.

6.You CAN sign up for more than one Buddy Read...in fact it's encouraged!

ANY QUESTIONS JUST ASK!

Once you have a buddy, go to the July Sign Up Thread and post your book and your buddy.

message 2: by Runell (new)

Runell | 407 comments Anyone up for any of these reads for the month of July?

The Martian by Andy Weir Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2) by Leigh Bardugo And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1) by Kiersten White Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3) by Laini Taylor Carry On by Rainbow Rowell The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1) by Scott Lynch The Diabolic (The Diabolic, #1) by S.J. Kincaid The Novice (Summoner, #1) by Taran Matharu Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard A Study in Charlotte (Charlotte Holmes, #1) by Brittany Cavallaro

message 3: by Eunice (last edited Jun 26, 2017 07:03AM) (new)

Eunice | 327 comments Runell wrote: "Anyone up for any of these reads for the month of July?

The Martian by Andy Weir Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2) by Leigh Bardugo And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1) by Kiersten White [bookcover:Dreams of Gods & Monsters..."

I can do Crooked Kingdom with you.

Stormie ~ Book Dragon ~ (StormieBookDragon) | 78 comments I would like to try this. I am not much for books that are Romance or Erotica. I prefer Historical Fiction, Fiction, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Mystery, Thriller, Cozy Mysteries, most genres, but the first two I mentioned. Some YA is okay.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 133 comments Stormie ~ Book Dragon ~ wrote: "I would like to try this. I am not much for books that are Romance or Erotica. I prefer Historical Fiction, Fiction, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Mystery, Thriller, Cozy Mysteries, most genres, but the first t..."

Hi Stormie, I noticed you have a few Cornwell books on your to-read list. I am a huge fan of Cornwell. I would be particularly interested in reading Agincourt with you if you want. (It's a book for one of my many challenges) but I would also be interested in any of these:

Stonehenge by Bernard Cornwell The Winter King (The Warlord Chronicles, #1) by Bernard Cornwell The Once and Future King (The Once and Future King #1-4) by T.H. White Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee The Golem and the Jinni (The Golem and the Jinni, #1) by Helene Wecker

I tried to pick things we both had in common on our To-Read list. If there's something else you had in mind I'm open to that too!

message 6: by Runell (new)

Runell | 407 comments Eunice wrote: "Runell wrote: "Anyone up for any of these reads for the month of July?

The Martian by Andy Weir Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2) by Leigh Bardugo And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1) by Kiersten White [bookcover:Dreams of ..."

Awesome! I'll go sign us up.

Stormie ~ Book Dragon ~ (StormieBookDragon) | 78 comments Sarah wrote: "Stormie ~ Book Dragon ~ wrote: "I would like to try this. I am not much for books that are Romance or Erotica. I prefer Historical Fiction, Fiction, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Mystery, Thriller, Cozy Mysteri..."

Sounds good to me, Sarah!

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 133 comments Stormie ~ Book Dragon ~ wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Stormie ~ Book Dragon ~ wrote: "I would like to try this. I am not much for books that are Romance or Erotica. I prefer Historical Fiction, Fiction, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Mystery, Thriller..."

Awesome! I'll sign us up for Agincourt.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (WolfFaerie17) | 2028 comments Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2) by Victoria Aveyard Mercy Watts Box Set, Books 0.5-3 (Mercy Watts Mysteries, #0.5, 1, 2, 3) by A.W. Hartoin Devil and the Deep by Julie Ann Walker Things Unsaid by Diana Y. Paul

Possible re~read of Outlander (Outlander #1) by Diana Gabaldon

message 10: by SandyC (new)

SandyC (sandyc88) | 795 comments Stormie ~ Book Dragon ~ wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Stormie ~ Book Dragon ~ wrote: "I would like to try this. I am not much for books that are Romance or Erotica. I prefer Historical Fiction, Fiction, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Mystery, Thriller..."

May I join you two for Agincourt?

message 11: by SandyC (last edited Jun 27, 2017 05:05PM) (new)

SandyC (sandyc88) | 795 comments Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ wrote: "Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2) by Victoria AveyardMercy Watts Box Set, Books 0.5-3 (Mercy Watts Mysteries, #0.5, 1, 2, 3) by A.W. HartoinDevil and the Deep by Julie Ann WalkerThings Unsaid by Diana Y. Paul

Possible re~read of [bookcover:Outlan..."

@Angie,
I just started re-reading Outlander yesterday. Happy to discuss if you want to!

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 133 comments Sandy wrote: "Stormie ~ Book Dragon ~ wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Stormie ~ Book Dragon ~ wrote: "I would like to try this. I am not much for books that are Romance or Erotica. I prefer Historical Fiction, Fiction, Sc..."

Hi Sandy, yeah that would be great! Our thread is already up in the July Buddy Reads Folder.

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 133 comments Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ wrote: "Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2) by Victoria AveyardMercy Watts Box Set, Books 0.5-3 (Mercy Watts Mysteries, #0.5, 1, 2, 3) by A.W. HartoinDevil and the Deep by Julie Ann WalkerThings Unsaid by Diana Y. Paul

Hi Angie- I've already started Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2) by Victoria Aveyard but I've put it back down because one of my book groups is reading it for July. I'd be happy to buddy read it with you as well.

message 15: by Eunice (last edited Jun 30, 2017 08:36AM) (new)

Eunice | 327 comments Anybody want to read any of these with me?

Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman Reign of Shadows (Reign of Shadows, #1) by Sophie Jordan The Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie Meyer Frost by M.P. Kozlowsky Flashfall (Flashfall, #1) by Jenny Moyer The Reader (Sea of Ink and Gold, #1) by Traci Chee Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer

message 16: by Cindy III (last edited Jun 30, 2017 05:46PM) (new)

Cindy III (Polywag) | 195 comments @Eunice

I'll read Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman with you

message 17: by Eunice (new)

Eunice | 327 comments Great! I'll sign us up Cindy.

message 18: by Cindy III (new)

Cindy III (Polywag) | 195 comments Cool.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (WolfFaerie17) | 2028 comments Sandy wrote: "Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ wrote: "Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2) by Victoria AveyardMercy Watts Box Set, Books 0.5-3 (Mercy Watts Mysteries, #0.5, 1, 2, 3) by A.W. HartoinDevil and the Deep by Julie Ann WalkerThings Unsaid by Diana Y. Paul

P..."

That would be great. I'll sign us up.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (WolfFaerie17) | 2028 comments Sarah wrote: "Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ wrote: "Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2) by Victoria AveyardMercy Watts Box Set, Books 0.5-3 (Mercy Watts Mysteries, #0.5, 1, 2, 3) by A.W. HartoinDevil and the Deep by Julie Ann WalkerThings Unsaid by Diana Y. Paul

H..."

Great I'll sign us up