Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Bossman
This topic is about Bossman
“Buddy Read” > Bossman by Vi Keeland [Start Date: July 17, 2017]

Comments (showing 1-31 of 31) (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4163 comments

Bossman by Vi Keeland

The first time I met Chase Parker, I didn't exactly make a good impression.

I was hiding in the bathroom hallway of a restaurant, leaving a message for my best friend to save me from my awful date.

He overheard and told me I was a bitch, then proceeded to offer me some dating advice.

So I told him to mind his own damn business―his own tall, gorgeous, full-of-himself damn business―and went back to my miserable date.

When he walked by my table, he smirked, and I watched his arrogant, sexy ass walk back to his date.

I couldn't help but sneak hidden glances at the condescending jerk on the other side of the room. Of course, he caught me on more than one occasion, and winked.

When the gorgeous stranger and his equally hot date suddenly appeared at our table, I thought he was going to rat me out.

But instead, he pretended we knew each other and joined us―telling elaborate, embarrassing stories about our fake childhood.

My date suddenly went from boring to bizarrely exciting.

When it was over and we parted ways, I thought about him more than I would ever admit, even though I knew I'd never see him again.

I mean, what were the chances I'd run into him again in a city with eight million people?Then again...

What were the chances a month later he'd wind up being my new sexy boss?

message 2: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4163 comments Reserved.

message 4: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12102 comments I'll be lurking

message 5: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 3913 comments I'm in!

message 6: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 20795 comments I'm in, too!

Carly - Resident Supergirl | 271 comments Shhh I had to start this early because of time constraints next week...but so far so good and can't wait to talk about it!

message 8: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12102 comments So who as started?

Carly - Resident Supergirl | 271 comments A bit of a different twist with this one for this author!

message 11: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12102 comments This was my first from VK and I liked it. I have to try something else from her.

message 12: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 20795 comments I'm starting today.

Carly - Resident Supergirl | 271 comments @ShoSho I also read Baller, which was also very good. I'm hooked on her for sure!

Just finished it today...

Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 14: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 3913 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "I'm starting today."

I'm starting today too.

Carly - Resident Supergirl | 271 comments *awaits patiently to begin talks of it*

message 16: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12102 comments Carly - Resident Supergirl wrote: "*awaits patiently to begin talks of it*"

A suggestion Carly, as you read the book you can comment in the thread but put them in spoiler tags. This way the rest can comment on your thoughts while they read even if it's days later :)
I really like it this way.

message 17: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 3913 comments Ch.2 (view spoiler)

message 18: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 3913 comments Ch. 3 (view spoiler)

message 19: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12102 comments Gisela wrote: "Ch.2 [spoilers removed]"

It felt out of place to me too.

Carly - Resident Supergirl | 271 comments Gisela wrote: "Ch.2 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Carly - Resident Supergirl | 271 comments Gisela wrote: "Ch. 3 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 22: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 3913 comments Carly - Resident Supergirl wrote: "Gisela wrote: "Ch. 3 [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 23: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 3913 comments Ok the (view spoiler)

message 24: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 3913 comments Ch. 25(view spoiler)

message 25: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 20795 comments Gisela wrote: "Ch.2 [spoilers removed]"

Definitely agree.

message 26: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 20795 comments Gisela wrote: "Ch. 3 [spoilers removed]"

Yup... I think this is why I haven't been in any hurry to pick it back up. However, I'll be traveling a lot tomorrow, so maybe I'll start listening again.

message 27: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 20795 comments I finished. I did enjoy the book. I thought it got better and better, after all that delaying about the fate of Peyton... which was pretty obvious. I sped up my audio speed during those times. I felt we weren't really getting to know Chase during those times, just feeling the Sword of Damocles dangling overhead. However, I felt I got to know him better after that reveal.

Very nicely narrated, BTW.

Carly - Resident Supergirl | 271 comments @Lisa I also listened to it on audiobook and almost wished that the guy who did Chase's voice could have done the speaking parts ALL the time even when it was not his POV lol.

message 29: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 3913 comments Carly - Resident Supergirl wrote: "@Lisa I also listened to it on audiobook and almost wished that the guy who did Chase's voice could have done the speaking parts ALL the time even when it was not his POV lol."

I love it when the male narrator does all the male voices. It makes the hero sound sexier IMO. ;)

message 30: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 20795 comments True.

Carly - Resident Supergirl | 271 comments Gisela wrote: "Carly - Resident Supergirl wrote: "@Lisa I also listened to it on audiobook and almost wished that the guy who did Chase's voice could have done the speaking parts ALL the time even when it was not..."

YES as long as the guy is decent at the dialogue...I'm listening to Tapping the Billionaire right and HOLY cow is the guy who is doing the voice for the hero POV, GOOD.

Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Bossman (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Vi Keeland (other topics)