Hobb-A-Long Read-A-Long discussion

Welcome & General Info! > Introduce Yourselves!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 69) (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Isabeau's Literary Musings (IsabeausLiteraryMusings) | 10 comments Mod
Hey everyone, feel free to introduce yourselves in this thread so we can get to know each other a little more! We all know that half the fun of any sort of readathon is people you do it with :)

message 2: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Edwards (Jordan_Edwards) | 2 comments Hello everyone! My name is Jordan. I am from Missouri! I have never read any Robin Hobb book, but am excited to read what I’ve been told are fantastic books!

message 3: by Shane (new)

Shane Taylor (TheWanderingWolfReads) | 1 comments Hey everyone! I'm from right outside of Philadelphia. I'm 25 years old and I read quite a bit of fantasy. I've read the first book in the Farseer trilogy and got halfway through the second book before putting it down and never going back to it. I'm excited to have some motivation to get back into this world. I'm really looking forward to getting to the second trilogy because I've heard really amazing things. I'm mostly active here and twitter and I'm a viewer of booktube but not a creator yet. Let me know if you are going to be posting videos about the books as you go so I can check them out! :)

Isabeau's Literary Musings (IsabeausLiteraryMusings) | 10 comments Mod
Hi everyone, I'm Isi!

This will be my first time reading Robin Hobb and I'm super excited to get into the world of the Elderlings! I'm a huge fan of fantasy, and mostly read that, YA, and Sci-Fi. I've literally never heard a bad thing about Hobb's books, and I'm so honoured to help Sam run things this time round. And also very excited to meet you all!

I run the booktube channel Isabeau's Literary Musings: https://www.youtube.com/isabeausliter...
You can also find me on my twitter: https://twitter.com/isabeaumuses
(I have 0 social life so am very active, feel free to talk to me on there!)

message 5: by Noah (new)

Noah | 13 comments Hi everyone, I'm Noah (as you can see from my username XD). I'm almost finished with Fool's Errand, but I'll have to take a break from the trilogy to read a few mandatory school books. Hope to start Golden Fool in August/September!

message 6: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (httpswwwgoodreadscomnovelsandnon) | 189 comments Mod
Hey everyone!! I'm Sam and I'm so glad everyone will be joining in for round 2! I had a lot of fun last year but I wasn't able to keep up. So this year I'm so happy to have help from Isi and hopefully re-read them all myself!
You can find me on Twitter at @Samsnonsense & on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUfP...

message 7: by Aubrey (last edited Jun 25, 2017 08:31PM) (new)

Aubrey Joy (aubreyjoy) Hello, my name is Aubrey! I've also never read any Robin Hobb, but can't wait to! I'm 18, and am going to college in the fall. I've had a book blog for four years, and have reviewed almost every single book I've read since starting it. I am majoring in dance and English in college, and can't wait to read more books. I love fantasy, and plan on talking about this readathon/readalong on my new booktube channel :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAez...

message 8: by Adriana (new)

Adriana (bluekitten982) | 1 comments Hi everyone, my name is Adriana. I live in California. I read Assassin's Apprentice last year and started the second book this year. I can't wait to continue with the series.

message 9: by Noah (new)

Noah | 13 comments I have invested a lot of time in these books over the last year and recently created an Instagram account, thefitz.thefool.thefanart, where I post art on this series and other fandoms.

message 10: by Anita Reads (new)

Anita Reads | 22 comments Hey everyone.
I participated last time as well, but I ended up falling a lot behind, and I'm currently up to 'Fool's Fate' I'm scared to start it. I have a feeling I might start it next month, and then I'll join in on your readalongs once we get to the Rainwilds Chronicles.

Anyway. I'm from Denmark, and I have a booktube channel as well, so if you want to check that out - here it is: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtNb...

message 11: by Reija (new)

Reija (TheBookFinch) | 1 comments Hi,

I'm Reija, from Finland.
I've never read Robin Hobb before, but really looking forward to getting into her books. They were first recommended to me some 15 years ago, so it's about time I should get into them.

I mostly use twitter and youtube as my platforms.
My channel if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFOf...

message 12: by Kara (new)

Kara (Karabou) Hello! I'm Kara, and I have never read anything by Robin Hobb, but a friend of mine swears by this series so I thought a readlong would be a good excuse to finally give them a try. A few of my favorite SFF books are The Dark Tower by Stephen King, Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown, and the Raven cycle by Maggie Stiefvater. I don't have a booktube channel but I'm on twitter a lot @yourgwyneth. Nice to meet you all!

message 13: by Alice (new)

Alice  (metamorphoses) | 2 comments Hi everyone, I'm Alice, 30, from Paris, France.
I'm a big Realm of the elderlings fan, it's actually my favorite serie of all times and I've read them all, shortstories included (I highly recommand "homecoming" btw, to read once you finish the rainwild chronicles). Also I'm going to have a tattoo of the serie later this year so, you know, I'm invested! aha.
Anyway, I'll be joining you starting from the liveship traider trilogy because I've reread the farseer quite recently but not the other ones so it's a good occasion!

You can find me on twitter :
https://twitter.com/Metamorphoses

I hope you enjoy this marvelous serie! Don't be too harsh on poor Fitz, I know he can be dumb but... still <3 All the feels.

message 14: by Angus (new)

Angus Hey everyone! I've read the Assassin's Apprentice quite recently, but I haven't carried on yet! I wasn't a huge fan, but I really want to get onto her later trilogies, so a readalong would be great encouragement :)

message 15: by Glenn (new)

Glenn | 3 comments Hi! My name is Glenn, and I'm from Nova Scotia, Canada. I mainly read Fantasy and Science Fiction though occasionally I read outside of that. I also read a lot of comics and graphic novels, though I've fallen behind with them in the last few months because I've been reading more novels.

A few weeks ago I read Assassin's Apprentice and really enjoyed it, so I plan to continue the series shortly(I have 2 more books ahead of it on my TBR).

When I start a new series I tend to take breaks between each entry as a sort of palate cleanser so I don't burn out, which means it will take me a long time to get through all of the Elderlings books.

message 16: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 2 comments Hi, I'm Maggie. I'm just finishing grad school at UMaine (so close to freedom). I've read Assassin's Apprentice, and this is my first time reading the series.

Hobb's writing is spectacular! I was so excited when I saw her tweet about this group.

I love all things fantasy and horror (Stephen King recently came to my campus for a talk. I almost died!) I love art too, I'm hoping to do some fan art for the Elderlings series soon.

You can reach me on twitter (I frequently post pictures of my adorable pet snake 🐍=🐉)! @MaggiePasq

message 17: by William (new)

William Holden | 19 comments hey everyone my name is william i"m from Reno, nevada i've read up to assassin's quest last time so looking forward to getting another chance to interact with fellow hobb fans i also run a booktube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gd...
and you can find me on twitter aswell
https://twitter.com/bookenthusiast3

message 18: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 1 comments Hi everyone my name is Jessica, and I'm currently reading through Robin Hobbs books for for first time! Definitely in love with them, cannot get enough. Currently just starting the 3rd liveship traders book!

Awesome idea for this group, I'm glad I found it!

message 19: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawson | 1 comments Hello, my name is Andrew. I'm not on Booktube, but my wife is (http://www.youtube.com/user/hippadodo). She's the one who first got me on Goodreads.

I first read the first three Hobb trilogies many years ago, but haven't kept up with the last 7 books. When Hobb announced Assassin's Fate would tie things up, I decided now was the time to go back through the old books and refresh my memory, then plow right on through the new books. I'm also trying to get my wife to read them, but she stalled out a few chapters into Apprentice and hasn't picked it up in a while. I'm hoping to get her to follow along with the read along.

I'm about done with Assassin's Quest and Ship of Magic now, but I had been hoping to finish Liveship Traders by the end of June, so I'm a little behind. I only read a chapter a day, so I figure the read along will catch up to me by this fall, but I'll still follow the discussions!

Funny story: My first Robin Hobb book was actually Ship of Magic, so imagine my surprise when I went back to read Farseer and realized all the connections I was missing! I don't recommend that reading order! 😀

message 20: by Evanyn (new)

Evanyn | 1 comments Hi there! I'm from Texas and I'm currently re-reading the Tawny Man trilogy. Just started on Fool's Fate. After that, I plan to backtrack and re-read the Liveship Trilogy, which is my favorite. It'll be my third time through that one. I'm happy to see so many other people re-visiting this world with me, and excited for those reading about it for the first time. The Elderling books are so addictive!

message 21: by Shaun (new)

Shaun | 1 comments Hi everyone! My name is Shaun from Michigan. I am currently on Royal Assassin. I'm excited to finally get back to this series after a couple of years since I read the first book. I've never really done a read-a-long or binged/marathoned a series before so hopefully I can keep up and stick with to join in discussions. This sounds like fun. You can find me on BookTube at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6vN...

message 22: by Sarah (last edited Jun 27, 2017 06:55AM) (new)

Sarah | 52 comments Hi everyone, my name's Sarah. I'm from Austria and already joined the readalong the first time through. I was halfway through Fool's Fate before the worst slump hit me and I stopped ;P I hope to finish all the books this Time round and am definitely looking forward to it :)
I also have an (at the moment a bit inactive, hope to change that soon though ;P) YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpRw...

message 23: by Kristen (last edited Jun 27, 2017 07:01AM) (new)

Kristen | 1 comments Hi I'm Kristen and from Illinois I haven't read any of this series, maybe one of his random other books. My friend who I've been buddy reading with has told me about it. I may be trying them on audiobook! I have a twitter @bookgoil and instagram @bookgoil and litsy @bookgoil if you want to add me!

My blog is The Book Monsters!

message 24: by Swiffer (new)

Swiffer | 1 comments Hey everyone! I'm an avid reader of fantasy, and have spent much of the past year reading mostly independent and self-published books recommended here and on r/fantasy (SPFBO).

I've never read any of Robin's work though I hear she's wonderful at getting you to care for her characters deeply, then she'll gut-punch you with tragedy. Sounds great, I'm all in :)

Is there a loose scheduled that the mods have created, letting us know when we'll start, how fast the group will read & discuss, etc?

message 25: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Palladino | 1 comments Hello! My name is Colleen and I am from South Jersey. I have never read any of Robin Hobb's books, but I am very excited to dive in since I have heard many good things. I love fantasy more than any other genre (that even includes science fiction). I am also a bit TV obsessed, some of favorite shows include Doctor Who, Orphan Black, Merlin, and Lost Girl (way too many to list here).

I did want to know if there is a start date for this read-a-long, or we start when we're ready?

message 26: by Marius (new)

Marius Paulsen (Antari-kun) (antari-kun) | 1 comments Hi everyone!
My name is Marius and this will be my first time reading any of Robin Hobbs books! I am super excited and ready to take on the challenge! :) I'm 24 years old and from i'm from Norway :)

message 27: by Alina (new)

Alina | 1 comments Hi there!
I'm a huge book lover from Germany and love fantasy. I've already read some of the series, but wanted to reread all of them before getting to the Rain Wild Chronicles and finishing the Fitz and the Fool trilogy (I'm not at all ready for the end). The series is one of my absolute favourites, and I'm excited to discuss it with new people! :)

My brand new blog is http://parchmentdragon.blogspot.de/, if anyone would care to check it out

message 28: by Hayley (new)

Hayley | 1 comments I'm Hayley, 34, from the UK. I'm actually on book 2 of the Rainwild Chronicles and it's my first read through of the whole Elderlings series. I'm not going to start it again for this read-along, because I want to keep going and find out what happens, but will join in conversations about the books as they get posted! I actually started Robin Hobb's books because I watched Sam's YouTube videos. Can't wait to get to the last book, but also don't want to as I'm enjoying them so much!

message 29: by Linda (last edited Jun 28, 2017 01:17PM) (new)

Linda (Linda_Klinedinst) | 2 comments I'm Linda, 60 years Young. I am from Indiana, USA. - I have read Ship Of Magic which is Book #1 in her Liveship Traders Trilogy. I really enjoyed this book. I have her other two books in this Trilogy as well too.

I would like to read her other series as well too so maybe this will get me motivated to read her other books which I will be reading on my Kindle Tablet.

Thank you Sam for inviting me to this Group.

Happy Reading :-)

message 30: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne (grauspitz) Hello! My name is Jeanne and I'm from Ontario, Canada. I was a part of the read-a-long last year, but wasn't able to keep up past the first trilogy. I can't wait to continue on with the second trilogy, and here's hoping that I keep up this time!

message 31: by Shelby M. (new)

Shelby M. (Read and Find Out) (ShelbyMachart-ReadandFindOut) | 14 comments Hello everyone! My name is Shelby, and I live in Florida. I have yet to read any of Robin Hobb's books, but I was already planning on starting the Farseer trilogy within the next week (once I finish reading Elantris by Brandon Sanderson). I'm excited to be able to take part!

message 32: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (Lisa and Things) (lisaandthings) | 1 comments Hello!!! I'm Lisa and I'm a Hobb newbie!!! I've been wanting to read Robin Hobb's books FOREVER!! Mostly because of Sam's channel (@samsnonsense) 😁 I won't be starting The Assassin's Apprentice for a couple of days (currently reading The Final Empire!) but I can't wait to start!

If you want to be friends on BookTube, Instagram, or Twitter, I'm @lisaandthings on all three!!!

booktube: www.youtube.com/c/LisaandThings
i: https://www.instagram.com/lisaandthings/
t: https://twitter.com/lisaandthings

P.S. Maggie: I lived in Orono for a couple of years while my fiance got his master's at UMaine!! Small world!!!

message 33: by Shelby M. (new)

Shelby M. (Read and Find Out) (ShelbyMachart-ReadandFindOut) | 14 comments Lisa wrote: "Hello!!! I'm Lisa and I'm a Hobb newbie!!! I've been wanting to read Robin Hobb's books FOREVER!! Mostly because of Sam's channel (@samsnonsense) 😁 I won't be starting The Assassin's Apprentice for..."

Mistborn is great! Have you read any other Sanderson/Cosmere?

message 34: by Lisa (last edited Jun 28, 2017 04:04PM) (new)

Lisa (Lisathebooklover) | 21 comments Hi everyone! I'm Lisa and I'm from the UK. I have read two of Robin Hobb's books, Assassin's Apprentice and Ship of Magic, but I want to reread them so I can continue on with the rest of the books in the recommended reading order.

I won't be reading all the books back-to-back as I like to have gaps in between each book in order to read other things, so I will probably be lagging behind a bit in this read-a-long, which is why I think it's great that we can all read along at our own pace. I also have a couple of other books to read before I get to Assassin's Apprentice. I am very much looking forward to the discussions and can't wait to get started :)

message 35: by Michael (new)

Michael Hi everyone! My name is Michael, and I live in Pennsylvania. I've just recently finished the Land of the Elderlings books. As they are my favorite books ever, I'm very excited to be able to read them again in this read-a-long!

message 36: by Jane (last edited Jun 28, 2017 04:45PM) (new)

Jane (itsjanelindsey) | 1 comments Hi everyone, I'm Jane. This is my first time reading Robin Hobb's books, and I'm excited to dive in!

message 37: by Jess (new)

Jess | 1 comments Hello! My name is Jess and i live in Portland, Oregon! I've read the Liveship traders and loved them, i also read the Rain Wilds books, and i'm on Book 3 of the Farseer trilogy! I have a ton of books in my TBR pile so i'm trying to finish the books i bought before i buy book 3 :P

message 38: by BetweenThePages (new)

BetweenThePages | 3 comments Hi! My name is Sara and this will be my first time reading any of Robin Hobb's books. I just requested the first one from the library and I'm looking forward to getting started.

message 39: by AryaTheFangirl (new)

AryaTheFangirl Hi my name is Ariel! This is the first time for me to read Robin Hobb's books. I am currently reading The Assassin's Apprentice and I'm really enjoying it! I can't wait to see Fitz's story unfold!

message 40: by Justin (new)

Justin (VampireDragoninSpace) Hi Everyone, My name is Justin and i'm from Derby in Rainy England. I've never read any of robin Hobbs books but have them all on Audible just waiting to be listened to, so i'm going to use this read along to finally embrace Robin hobb and get to reading them.

message 41: by Claudia (new)

Claudia | 1 comments Hi, I'm Claudia from Berlin, Germany. I just finished Assassin's Quest earlier this month and I am really looking forward to continue Robin Hobb's work over the next few months.
It's great that this read-a-long is starting again. Last time I missed it.

message 42: by Halima (last edited Jun 29, 2017 01:51AM) (new)

Halima Ayan (HalimaAyan) | 1 comments Hi! My and is Halima and I'm from London. I read Assassin's Apprentice last month for my book club and am determined to read the rest of the stories set in this universe! I look forward to reading along with you all :)

message 43: by Sir Anni (new)

Sir Anni | 2 comments Hello there! My name is Annika and I'm from a small town near Cologne in Germany. I just finished Fool's Fate and love all of Robin Hobbs books so far, she became one of my favourite authors. I'll be joining you starting from the Rain Wilds Chronicles, but I might also sneak in the other discussions as well :)

message 44: by Jolien (new)

Jolien | 1 comments Hi everyone! I'm Jolien, 22, from Belgium. I just picked up Ship of Magic, the first one in the Liveship Traders trilogy but I'm really excited to join the discussions. I might wait with picking up the second Liveship one until the readalong start (I'm terrible with series anyways)!

I have a booktube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUDl...) and you can find me on Twitter @fictionalreader!

message 45: by Merrilin (new)

Merrilin | 1 comments Hi everyone my name is Merrilin. I read the first book in the Tawny Man trilogy but i never pick up the second book. I felt like I needed to read the Farseer trilogy first before continuing on with the Tawny Man trilogy but i never got around to it. So this will be fun and I love it's read at your own pace because life seems to get in the way of my reading time lol.

message 46: by Ben (new)

Ben | 13 comments I read up to Fool's Fate from the last read along and in the middle of it now. Hoping to get as much reading done as I can while I'm taking physics over the summer.

message 47: by MARIA (new)

MARIA NAVARRO (ChaptersWeLove) | 1 comments Hello everyone! I'm so excited for this, I can't wait to start reading these books. You can find me @ chapterswelove.com (:

message 48: by James (new)

James Chatham (jameschatham) | 1 comments Hi all! Excited to finally read some Hobb after my failed attempt at this last year (didn't even get through Assassin's Apprentice haha).

message 49: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannahj26) | 1 comments Hi Everyone! I'm Hannah, and I split my time between Los Angeles (home) and Minneapolis (grad school). I downloaded the first book last time around, and never got around to reading it because of my exams. Now I'm past exams and ready to read! This is my first time through, and I'm excited to start a new series. 😻

message 50: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  | 1 comments Hello! I'm Amanda and I live in Michigan. I don't read a lot of fantasy, but recently watched one of Sam's videos in which she recommends the Farseer Trilogy as a way to get started with the genre. That, along with her enthusiasm for Robin Hobb's books, are the reasons I decided to join this read-a-long. I purchased the first three books and am hoping for the best!

« previous 1