Run from Reality Read-a-Thon discussion

1980: You Shook Me All Night Long (Love in the 80s #1)
This topic is about 1980
Buddy Reads > Buddy Read: 1980: You Shook Me All Night Long by Casey L. Bond

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Whitney (last edited Jun 25, 2017 04:02PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews) (ShootingStarsReviews)
1980: You Shook Me All Night Long

My name is Tina. I’m a freshman at USC, a good student and friend…

And I’m a victim.

Hot guys make my brain turn to mush. So, the fact that I was arrested then survived a massive earthquake only to be shackled to the fox next to me can all be overlooked, right?

Okay, so I was arrested before I met Luke. A tremor that caused a blackout at the LAPD precinct where we were being held. Although technically, I wasn’t shackled to him, I was handcuffed, but still. Any and all lapses in my usual—totally sane, I might add—judgments, are his fault. Totally.

I wouldn’t typically do the things I did. I’m no outlaw. I’m a college student.

1980: You Shook Me All Night Long is the first of ten contemporary romance, new adult, stand-alone stories set in the 1980s. Written by award-winning and bestselling authors, the novellas will be released each month January - October in 2016.

Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews) (ShootingStarsReviews) Jamie and I are going to do a Buddy read starting on Tuesday, June 27th! Please join us for this fun Buddy Read! And if we all like it and want to continue the series we can do that!

Betty | 139 comments Mod
I´m in. the blurb sounds really good :)

Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews) (ShootingStarsReviews) Sweet, Betty! I can't wait now!!

Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews) (ShootingStarsReviews) Today is the day we start the buddy read! Have fun everyone!! I'm very excited for this one!

message 6: by Sara (new)

Sara | 246 comments Mod
I'm 6 books deep right now at the library, I may not make it to read this one. :(

Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews) (ShootingStarsReviews) Sara wrote: "I'm 6 books deep right now at the library, I may not make it to read this one. :("

Aw! Well, maybe you will. I set the read for a month, lol!

Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews) (ShootingStarsReviews) So, I'm not very far in, and wow. This is a fun way to start a book!

☆Jamie☆ (Nica21) | 88 comments Mod
Whitney wrote: "So, I'm not very far in, and wow. This is a fun way to start a book!"

LOL. I'm only on chapter 2, but I'm liking it so far. And wow is some of this dialog bringing back memories. I swear I can still taste my mom's aquanet hairspray to this day. LMAO. <3

Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews) (ShootingStarsReviews) ♥Jamie wrote: "Whitney wrote: "So, I'm not very far in, and wow. This is a fun way to start a book!"

LOL. I'm only on chapter 2, but I'm liking it so far. And wow is some of this dialog bringing back memories. I..."

HAHA! That's true. I'm going to get more into it today, and tomorrow sometime. Maybe.

I'm finished! I liked it a lot. it was a wild ride, and I felt it really embodied what the 80's were all about.

I rated it 3.5 Stars! I was a little disappointed in Tina at first, being so malleable. That said, it was still fun to read about fishnets, walkmans and trans ams. Lol.

I'd be interested in a full length novel. I'm looking forward to book 2! ♡

Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews) (ShootingStarsReviews) ♥Jamie wrote: "I'm finished! I liked it a lot. it was a wild ride, and I felt it really embodied what the 80's were all about.

I rated it 3.5 Stars! I was a little disappointed in Tina at first, being so mallea..."

Dang! You finished before me! I was working on the other Doyle and Acton novel though, lol. I'm sort of slowly getting through this one.

I'm sorry it wasn't better, but glad you did like it. Do you want to read the next one? Like Buddy read? I will let you know what I think once I finish it.

Lol. I figured you prolly had another book going since you hadn't said you finished yet. I thought for sure you would before me. Haha.

I'm down to read the next as a buddy read. Just lemme know when. ♡

Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews) (ShootingStarsReviews) ♥Jamie wrote: "Lol. I figured you prolly had another book going since you hadn't said you finished yet. I thought for sure you would before me. Haha.

I'm down to read the next as a buddy read. Just lemme know wh..."

Sweet! Lets see how this goes, and if I like it too. :)

Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews) (ShootingStarsReviews) Hmm. So, oddly enough I'm actually having a hard time getting into this one. The heroine is very annoying to me.

Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews) (ShootingStarsReviews) I finally read it today, and it was cute, and a little funny, but there really wasn't much to it. So, overall I would give it 3 stars. I'm not sure I want to read the rest of them.

Betty | 139 comments Mod
Whitney wrote: "I finally read it today, and it was cute, and a little funny, but there really wasn't much to it. So, overall I would give it 3 stars. I'm not sure I want to read the rest of them."

So sorry for not writing sooner. But I finished this book in one setting and must say I was a little bit disappointed and not sure I will read this series. I rated it 3 stars but I like the references to the 80´. the story itself was a little bit thin, the main heroine was childish and annoying but did improve as the book progressed. The romance in the book was lacking.

Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews) (ShootingStarsReviews) I agree, Betty. I don't think I will read anymore in this series either.