Camp Occult-A Roleplay discussion

Comments (showing 1-50 of 94) (94 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lacey (new)

Lacey (LaceyParisBooks) | 381 comments Mod
Operated by a very skilled faerie healer. Any injuries and sickness can be treated here, usually with magic but there are a few tonics and natural remedies as well.

message 2: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

Kya | Diamond | 443 comments Mod
Madison had been napping in her cabin when the memories of the accident hit her in full force. She quickly stumbled to get to the infirmary and had arrived just five minutes ago. The nurse knew about her ptsd, and would allow her to come in whenever she felt it come on, which had only been two or three times in the two years she had been at camp. Madison sat on the small single person chair, and had her arm wrapped around her knees, her head resting on her knees, waiting for the memories to pass, as they always did.

message 3: by Allie (new)

Allie | 122 comments Romeo entered the infirmary silently, not wanting to alert the nurse of his presence. He couldn't bear the look on her face as she'd say Again? and bandage his cuts as if he were a child.
But he needed to clean out the fresh wounds. Romeo approached one of the cabinets, going to look for some rubbing alcohol and band-aids.
Then he noticed the girl. Usually it was just him at this hour, but she was sitting there. It didn't look like anything was wrong with her.
"You good, chica?" Romeo called out to the girl, but not too loudly.

message 4: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

Madison hadn't noticed anyone come in, and she didn't have her service pup with her that would've barked. The nurse was busy doing something else, and didn't notice either. The memories of the crash was just ending.
Madison looked up at the sound of someone's voice, pushing her hair behind her ear and wiping away her tears eyes one at a time. "Not really." She mustered in a quiet voice, while rubbing her left shoulder, where her arm was amputated at.

message 5: by Allie (new)

Allie | 122 comments The girl's weak response startled Romeo. He thought she was just hanging out, or something.
He walked over to the girl in the chair, kneeling beside her. The bandages were far from his mind.
"Can I get you something?" Romeo asked softly.

message 6: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

She noticed that the boy was best up and in need of some medical supplies, so it surprised her that he came over to her. Madison shook her head as soon as he asked. What could he get her? "Not much can help with nightmares and memories." She said her eyes still a bit red from crying earlier.

message 7: by Allie (new)

Allie | 122 comments Romeo had dealt with kids who cried at school because crying at home meant a new mark to add to a collection of black and blues, hidden from everyone. He had tried to help others who couldn't stop screaming every time a door slammed or a book dropped, because all they could think of was the sound of a gun. Nightmares and panic attacks were nothing new.
"You're right," Romeo said gently. "But I find chocolate a comforting food. Are you sure that I can't get you anything?"

message 8: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

Many people would just ignore Madison, and just try to avoid getting into whatever was going on with her, but this kid was different. He actually stopped to help her instead of helping himself... At the mention of chocolate her face turned to his, "Did say you've got chocolate?" Madi asked her voice picking up as she gave a last sniffle.

message 9: by Allie (new)

Allie | 122 comments Romeo couldn't help smiling at the girl's words. "I keep a stash in here," he said. "I'm going to go get some."
He stood, trying to move slowly. He didn't want to shock the girl with his movements. Romeo walked over to the same cabinet where the bandages were, pushing aside a few boxes and finding the small collection of chocolate bars.
"Here you go," Romeo said, handing an unopened bar of chocolate to the girl and keeping one for himself.

message 10: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

"It might not be there much longer." Madi said with a small smile. She came here often, and if she knew there was a stash, it won't last. She shifted in her seat so she was sitting up properly. "Thanks." Madi said accepting the unopened bar, and opening it with her teeth, since it was nearly impossible to do with one hand. Between bites she spoke up, "What happened?" Noting the beating he seemed to have taken

message 11: by Allie (new)

Allie | 122 comments Romeo grinned at the girl's response, despite her threat to steal all of his hard-earned stash.
"Hey, I'll be watching," he said, watching her tear into the bar-- literally.
Romeo opened his own chocolate bar, feeling guilty that he didn't think to open the girl's for her. But maybe that would have just made her feel worse.
"Oh, I got into a fight with this werewolf brat," he said in response to her question. "She tried to attack my parrot. And then she told me to go back to Mexico." Romeo took an angry bite of his chocolate bar.
"I'm not even Mexican, I'm Argentinian," he mumbled, his mouth full.

message 12: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

Madi shrugged at his grin, and comment on watching, "You won't see me, only your stash declining." She said with a grin of her own. It didn't even phase her that he hadn't opened the chocolate bar for her, she was perfectly capable of opening it herself.
"Oh, the new werewolf I'm assuming, I heard that she was trouble." Madi gave a small laugh, this had him pretty worked up, and it was funny how he took it out on his chocolate bar. "Well is your parrot okay? I can see that you aren't" She jumped up out of her spot and put her half eaten chocolate bar on the counter, and pulled some supplies he needed out of the cabinets

message 13: by Allie (new)

Allie | 122 comments "Yeah, Button's fine. He has wings," Romeo said, almost sounding jealous of the bird. He watched the girl move, noticing that she was grabbing the bandages and rubbing alcohol. His chest tightened with gratitude.
"My name is Romeo, by the way," he said, feeling bad for not introducing himself earlier. He stood up from his position of kneeling on the floor. "Romeo Vanzetti-Frey."

message 14: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

"Button, cute name!" Madi commented after giving a small laugh. It was a cute name, and now she wondered what type of bird it was. She set the supplies on the small table the office had and motioned for him to sit. He had helped her, now it was her turn to help him.
"Nice to meet you Romeo, I'm Madison, but people call me Madi." She said gesturing to herself, and smiling. It helped to have something to take your mind on the pain of the past.

message 15: by Allie (new)

Allie | 122 comments "Hello Madi," Romeo greeted. He sat, as she had gestured, grateful to have someone to bandage his cuts for him. It was difficult binding and cutting the wrap by himself.
"Thanks for doing this," Romeo said, and he meant it.

message 16: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

As she got to work ripping open bandages and cleaning the cuts out she tried to make small talk. "Not a problem." As long as he could be patient with her slow progress, seeing that she wasn't capable of going the normal pace. "So Romeo, why is it that someone like you could get beat up?"

message 17: by Allie (new)

Allie | 122 comments Romeo winced when Madi cleaned out his cuts, but otherwise he was a model patient. When she asked her question, he chuckled darkly.
"Heh, I'm not the best at first impressions. I come off as... rude." Romeo spoke simply, unable to find good words.

message 18: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

"But you weren't rude on our first meeting..." Madison half questioned half told him. Maybe it was due to the fact that he already had a rude first impression today, or.... She bandaged up another wound of his, as she studied his face.

message 19: by Allie (new)

Allie | 122 comments "Well, I wasn't about to yell at a girl cowering in a chair," Romeo muttered, the words out of his mouth before realizing how crude he was.
"Why were you in the chair?" Romeo asked. In case Madi doubted his ability to be rude.

message 20: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

((Gone to camp, I'll be back in a week))

message 21: by Allie (new)

Allie | 122 comments ((Have fun, thanks for the heads-up!))

message 22: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

Point proven. Madison nodded, understanding about how weird and disrespectful it would have been if he actually yelled at her. She fidgetted and dropped the bandage she was about to apply. After picking it up, she spoke up, her voice suddenly quieter. "I was remembering the car accident that cost me my arm." It wasn't the smoothest way to say it, but it was straight to the point.

message 23: by Allie (new)

Allie | 122 comments Romeo's eyes were wide in shock. He had just assumed that Madi was born without her arm, many people were... she seemed used to operating without it. To lose her limb in a car accident, that seemed like something that would haunt her forever.
"Mios Dios," Romeo muttered, his eyes dropping to look at the bandages on his arm. "Sorry." There was nothing else to say.

message 24: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

She pulled out the last bandage and helped put it on before she took a seat across the small table. "Listen, there is no need to apologize for what happened, that was a while ago." at this point she was messing with the roll of tape that was sitting on the table, rolling it back and forth. "All I can do is move on and distract myself from what happened." And sometimes she needed other peoples help to do that.

message 25: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

??

message 26: by Allie (new)

Allie | 122 comments ((Sorry Kya, I have been ridiculously busy. I have soccer every day 10-1, and rehearsal every night from 6-10... I should have gotten on sooner, I've just been very busy and very stressed.))

"That makes sense," Romeo said. Although he had never been through something like Madi had, he understood a thing or two about moving on.
"I never met my dad," he spoke softly, as if embarrassed. He simply wanted to try and show Madi that he truly understood.
"It hurts, sometimes, when I see mamá crying over a man who never got to hold me, his son. Or my aunt, mi tiá, telling me about the brother he was, the person I will never meet.
"I know what you mean by moving on." Romeo lowered his head, too embarrassed to meet Madi's eyes. He didn't want her thinking that he was trying to upstage her pain, but perhaps it came off that way.

message 27: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

((It's all good!))

Madison looked down as he talked about his family. "But it's got to be a relief to see your family." She had quickly grown withdrawn and quite. Her family was gone. Zip nada, nothing. No aunt or uncle claimed her, she didn't know her grandparents, her parents were gone. Her only "family" had been the campers at Camp Occult, and even then, something felt like it was missing. "But move on, and surround yourself with distractions." She perked up, trying not to slip back into a state of sadness.

message 28: by Allie (new)

Allie | 122 comments "Yeah," Romeo said. "Distractions."
He didn't notice the look on Madi's face as he spoke, and the comment on family registered too late.
"Wait, a relief?" Romeo was confused. "I mean, they're always waiting at home for me. Mi mamá y mi tiá, they just think that I'm at a science camp." Romeo was unaware of the china shop that he was charging through.

message 29: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

"Anyway..." maid said standing up in a hurry. She didn't want this to happen now. It had been going well, but she dug herself into this trouble. "Well you're all patched up, and it's getting late." Madison said not looking at him and obviously changing the topic abruptly. She wiped the corner of her eyes one at a time. "I think I'm gonna go..." she said gesturing to the door. She needed to run, run anywhere.

message 30: by Allie (new)

Allie | 122 comments ((Ugh, sorry again, Kya. My bad, I've been super busy again. It will be easier for me to get on Goodreads when school starts.))

Romeo didn't want to push, but he didn't want Madi to leave yet. At the same time, he saw the tears in her eyes. If she needed to leave, she needed to leave.
"Okay," Romeo said, clearly disappointed. "But, you know, if you need someone to talk to, I'll be here. I appreciate your help."

message 31: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments Kit looked exhausted as he was carried into the infirmary. Although he wasn't bleeding any more, he was covered in dried blood and his clothing was torn. He kept himself from falling asleep.

message 32: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments Another nurse tended to Kit. After a few hours they released him. Even with all the potions they had, he still didn't have full mobility. Kit came out to see Ashley in a wheelchair. "I don't know how to thank you enough."

message 33: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments Kit yelled for nurses, who came and got Ashley. He felt terrible for making this happen. Kit sat there helpless as he hoped that she was okay.

message 34: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments Kit tapped his fingers nervously. She had been gone for too long and no-one had given him an update. Heated this waiting game.

((ahhh stupid app I thought my comment posted and it didn't))

message 35: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments "You should've told us that you gave blood to Kit. You passed out due to blood loss." The nurse got out a small vial of pink liquid. "You just need to rest a bit, and drink this." He handed Ashley the vial. "It'll help you feel a bit less lightheaded."

message 36: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments Kit sat next to her. "I-I don't know how to apologize for all of this. You should've never been hurt."

message 37: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments "Okay. Well um,I can stay here with you if you want." Kit wasn't sure what to think or do. how to react. He was still terrified by what he'd seen last night.

message 38: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments "Lay back down." Kit paused. "You need to rest..." His job was to protect the kids, not frighten them. He didn't want to tell her what he'd seen.

message 39: by Lacey (new)

Lacey (LaceyParisBooks) | 381 comments Mod
((Friendly reminder to be wary of one liners:D))

message 40: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments ((For sure!!)))

Kit sighed. She didn't realize the irony in what she had said, but it just made him feel even more guilty. "There was some sort of creature at the Falls. I don't know how to describe it but it seemed like darkness itself. I went to get a closer look and it attacked me."

message 41: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments "Ashley lay back down." Kit gently pushed her away from him. "And didn't think anything of it, nor would I have put you in any kind of danger." He tapped his leg impatiently.

message 42: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments Kit smiled mischievously. "I didn't know you were 18... Ill be sure to note down 'not kid' on your camper profile. Is there anything else you want me to put down? Like are you also a vampire? I feel like i know nothing about you" He said sarcastically, trying to lighten the mood.

message 43: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments As soon as she spoke Kit knew he had probably said the wrong thing. "Ashley, ashley come on..." Kit turned his wheelchair to face her. "Im sorry, it was just meant to be a joke."

message 44: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments "Ashley, Ashley no!!!" Kit followed after her as fast as he could. "I was trying to make you feel better." As Kit exited the door his wheel caught on the frame and the chair flipped over. Kit hit the ground with un uncomfortable thud and groaned. How could he have messed this all up so badly?

message 45: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments Kit pulled himself back into his chair. He hoped she wouldn't do anything stupid, but he didn't trust her not to. Kit went out towards the forest to look for her.

message 46: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments Kit placed Ashley at the door to the infirmary, roared loudly to alert the nurses, then proceeded to pass out next to her, back in his human form. The nurses came out and saw them, then took them both inside.

Kit only needed a few stitches, but he slept for hours afterwards.

message 47: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments Kit woke up the next morning. He was sore, but was pretty much the same as he was before. He got into his new wheelchair and went looking for Ashley, he needed to make sure she was okay.

message 48: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments ((I mean what happened to Ashley! Has she woken up? Is she okay? That kind of stuff))

message 49: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments ((Bump))

message 50: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments ((Huh?))

« previous 1