Camp Occult-A Roleplay discussion

Grounds > Main Square Courtyard

Comments (showing 1-38 of 38) (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lacey (new)

Lacey (LaceyParisBooks) | 381 comments Mod
The grassy Courtyard is in the center of the Main Square. This is where Counselor mainly hang out to keep an eye on campers.

message 2: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail  (Abbigail) | 494 comments Skylar was on her way to the Arts and Crafts Building to borrow some pencil crayons. She was wearing her signature denim jacket along with a floral sundress and resting on her head was a pair of sunglassses.

message 3: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

Kya | Diamond | 443 comments Mod
Chase had been dosing off in the grassy courtyard like area. He hadn't found a quiet spot since he arrived at camp, so this less travelled area would suffice for an afternoon nap. His arms were crossed across his chest, and his hoodie acted as his blanket, keeping is upper half warm while the slight breeze hit his legs. He felt someone's presence a few yards to his left, but didn't bother to open an eye quite yet, seeing the person wasn't within talking distance.

message 4: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail  (Abbigail) | 494 comments Skylar noticed someone sitting in the grass. They didn't look like anyone familiar. Skylar wondered if they were a new camper..

message 5: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

((Oh I thought I responded to this. Give me a sec))

message 6: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

The footsteps were coming closer. The only reason he could tell is because he was an earth faerie, and that had been the first thing he was able to "do", sense things without looking, as long as they were touching the ground. Weird right? At least he thought so.

The person came closer and he opened his eyes and sat up more, like how someone comes out of a nap and is still tired but ready to listen to the person who woke them up. "Hey how's it going?" He said in a friendly manner, so it wouldn't be awkward while she walked by.

message 7: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail  (Abbigail) | 494 comments Skylar looked around before responding just to make sure that he wasn't talking to someone else. No one else was around.

"Hi," she replied.

message 8: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

He gave a slight eye roll, 'hi' didn't really answer his question, but it was okay. He used his arms to push himself into a more comfortable position. "Hi back...how are you?" His voice prompting her to answer the question said earlier. Though now that it left his mouth it seemed a tad rude. He stuffed his hands into his hoodie pocket and crossed his legs. His back was hurting, for some odd reason.

message 9: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail  (Abbigail) | 494 comments Skylar turned back to look at him and realized that her pencil crayons would have to wait a little longer if she wanted to get to them.

"I'm good, you?"

message 10: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

Chase shrugged. He had tried to sleep, but his magic senses were overworking themselves, not letting him settle down for a nap. "Good. Sorry to interrupt you, but you seem familiar." He just couldn't place his finger on it.

message 11: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail  (Abbigail) | 494 comments That did seem strange. He didn't look like anyone that she had ever been friends with.

"Well I better get going," Skylar said.

message 12: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

"Well nice to meet you, I'm Chase. For if we ever run into each other again." He said taking his hands out of his hoodie and crossing them again. He didn't want to hold her back from whatever she needed to do.

message 13: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail  (Abbigail) | 494 comments "Nice to meet you too," Skylar said before starting to walk away but quickly stopping herself and turning around.

"I'm Skylar."

message 14: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

"See you later." Chase said carefully, raising a hand to say goodbye, his wrist band showing. He turned away. She seemed so familiar but he wasn't going to press the matter.

message 15: by Abbigail (last edited Aug 04, 2017 09:05PM) (new)

Abbigail  (Abbigail) | 494 comments Skylar had already turned around and didn't end up seeing Chase wave goodbye.

As continued towards the Arts and Crafts Building a small part of her nagged her to go back and see if there was a reason why Chase seemed so familiar.

message 16: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

((We can end and start another meeting later))

message 17: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail  (Abbigail) | 494 comments ((Ok.))

message 18: by Lacey (new)

((Amanda/Matt))

Archie had only arrived at camp a few hours ago. After finding his cabin and unpacking he'd gone for a run to help himself calm down. His run had ended at the main courtyard where he'd collapsed into the grass after the strenuous workout. He'd been hoping the run would help him forget about what had happened with Shane and it had....for a while. Now he remembered and he really wished he could forget.

message 19: by Lacey (new)

Archie opened one eye and squinted when he sensed a shadow looming over his body. When he noticed the boy standing over him he opened his other eye and tilted his head. "I'm resting." He answered trying very hard not to allow himself to think about how attractive the boy standing over him was. Using his palms he pushed himself into a sitting position before making eye contact with the boy.

message 20: by Lacey (new)

"I went for a run to clear my head." Archie explained neutrally. "I finally ran out of energy and collapsed here." He added to clarify. His goal had been to run until he couldn't think anymore. "I'm not sure we've met?"Archie questioned sweetly, still sitting on grass. "Are you a new camper? I'm Archie." He asked before introducing himself and extending his hand.

((Sweet!))

message 21: by Lacey (new)

((Let's see where the roleplay takes us:D))

Archie nodded along in a friendly manner. "Sweet! This is my second year." He explained with his usual chill demeanor. That demeanor had been shaken up quite a bit since Shane but he was good with outward appearances. He could keep the front up.

message 22: by Lacey (new)

"Sure." Archie agreed politely with his usual kind smile. It might be nice to make a new friend. Any friends he'd made mats year(which wasn't many) didn't seem to have returned to Camp Occult. He would admit he was a little lonely.

message 23: by Lacey (new)

Archie gestured to the grass next to him in case the other boy wanted to sit. "Well I like sports a lot." He replied gesturing to his running garb. "Swimming and basketball are my favorites but their isn't much of that here so I mainly run over the summers." He explained. "Mostly you're working on your abilities here though." He added curious as to what the other guys anklets were. He still hadn't figured out of it was socially acceptable to ask so he didn't. He didn't want to be rude.

message 24: by Lacey (new)

Archie figured that was a polite enough way of leading into asking about his powers. "What sort of abilities do you have?" Archie asked curiously. The boys wrist was covered up so he couldn't glimpse the color of his his mark. His own fingertips floated down to the hem of his hoodie where subconsciously he toyed with the fabric covering his own mark

message 25: by Lacey (new)

"Sweet! I think it'd be pretty neat to take an animal form." Archie exclaimed genuinely. It occurred to him that was his first honest statement he'd made since his kiss with Shane. He knew what was going on with himself but he refused to admit it. He was lying to his keg and he was lying to others. For someone who valued truth so much Archie was living a big lie.

message 26: by Lacey (new)

"Oh I'm sorry!" Archie apologized blushing lightly. He'd gotten a little caught up in his thinking and had forgotten to answer. "Faerie. I have healing powers." He admitted nonchalantly. Out of all the supernatural abilities Archie had always been disappointed with his own. For someone so obsessed with maintaining his conventional masculinity Archie has always considered his abilities "girly". If only he could realize that gender was fluid and anything considered "girly" was just an accepted social stereotype.

message 27: by Lacey (new)

"Ummm..." Of course Archie wanted to do something. He was lonely and friendless but at the same time a part if him warned him against it. He shouldn't be out "doing stuff" with other guys after what had happened with Shane. Archie scolded himself. He was being rude. He was sure it'd be fine. He'd had horns of guy friends with completely plutonic relationships before Shane. That was how it was supposed to be. One little slip up wouldn't change them. It'd just be two bros hanging out, they could even talk about girls. "Sure." Archie replied after a moment with a cheery smile.

message 28: by Lacey (new)

"Wherever!" Archie replied cheerfully, startled when Matt stood up from tying his shoes and came face to face with him. Archie blushed visibly but not wanting to let on that anything was askew he began to ramble. A normal lad into girls as opposed to lads would've thought nothing of it. Archie was normal. He was attracted to girls. He respected this like a chant as he rambled. "Well maybe we could go to the lake? Or the arts building? Or the library?" He rambled on.

message 29: by Lacey (new)

((Switch somewhere? Or we could just have them stay here and talk or like play a game?))

message 30: by Lacey (new)

((What game? Maybe twenty questions or never have I ever))

message 31: by Lacey (new)

((Ok who should suggest it? Maybe Matt because he seems a little more daring and rebellious than Archie))

message 32: by Lacey (new)

((Would you mind posting again so he could suggest the game?))

message 33: by Lacey (new)

"We could just stay here." Archie suggested brightly. "Talk, maybe even play a game? To get to know each other." He offed with a slight blush as always. Ever the modest little sweetheart. "But only if that's alright with you." He hurried quickly not sure why he was being so weird. He was typically a lot smoother when talking to other people.

message 34: by Lacey (new)

"Um I don't know." Archie replied tilting his head to ponder the question. "You chose, whatever you want." He insisted ever the gentleman, smiling kindly at the boy. It was nice to be meeting some new people. Maybe it'd pull him out if the funk he'd been stunk in since Shane.

message 35: by Lacey (new)

((I thought you wanted to play never have I ever?))

message 36: by Lacey (new)

"I've never heard of never have I ever." Archie replied sweetly and it was hard not to love that naive little sweetheart. "Let's play that." He added not realizing that was not the game to play if he wished to avoid certain topics like he did.

message 37: by Lacey (new)

Archie nodded hoping this conversation wouldn't take a certain turn. "So should I answer that question?" He asked tilting his head to the side slightly confused. He wasn't an avid dancer but he had danced a few times. Mainly at school dances. There was rarely anything more awkward then the strange jump and bob at school dances with half hearted dates....that were girls.

message 38: by Lacey (new)

Archie understood the game now. "Oh I have." He replied easily surprised the other boy had never been on a date. "You really have never been on a date?" He confirmed curiously. That was odd. He wondered if something was holding the other boy back.