Camp Occult-A Roleplay discussion

Grounds > Lake

Comments (showing 1-50 of 210) (210 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Lacey (new)

Lacey (LaceyParisBooks) | 381 comments Mod
The lake is where canoeing and swimming take place. The lake is a moderate size(about the size of an American football field). The lake is pretty close to the Main Square(about a five minute walk away). The lake is surrounded by sandy banks what're campers can relax. The lake has a pier as well as a floating platform in the center.

message 2: by Lacey (new)

Dami was pretty overwhelmed. He'd been expecting Christian summer camp not supernatural powers. If he wasn't looking at the deep purple mark on his wrist he wouldn't believe it. He was just a normal 15 year old boy....well not exactly normal but there was no way he could be a supernatural. What would his parents think? There was no way he could tell. Pulling his tailored pea coat closer he couldn't help a small shiver as the brisk Maine air bit at his face. It was starting to get dark. He should probably try and find his cabin.

message 3: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (last edited Jul 02, 2017 05:25PM) (new)

Kya | Diamond | 443 comments Mod
A small black wolf appeared at the edge of the sandy bank of the lake, she was planning on getting in, to cool off, but another camper was around so she changed her mind, shifting back into a human before he noticed. She watched for a moment, noting the fact that he pulled his sweater closer. The crisp air felt refreshing on her bare arms, her black tshirt held some popular logo on the front.
"Hey, how's it going?" Evelyn called out softly, not wanting to startle him as she walked up behind him. She didn't recognize him from last year, so she assumed he's a new camper. The setting sun didn't bother her yet, she new that the cabin check in's weren't for a while still.

message 4: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

((you still up for this? If you're busy I completely understand))

message 5: by Lacey (new)

((Ahh I totally am sorry I've just been swamped!))

Dami turned to the source of the noise he'd heard. When he saw it was a girl his shoulders relaxed slightly. He'd learned to be on his guard around other people but he found that he usually got along with the girls better than the guys. He also had a lot easier time talking to them without getting insulted. "Hi." He replied cheerfully backing her over.

message 6: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

"I'd recognize a new camper when I see one." Evelyn said trying to break the ice a bit. "How you holding up?" She slipped her hands into her own pockets, since she didn't know whether she should stand or sit (frankly because I don't know where they are...)
"Sorry, I'm Evelyn." She said sticking her hand out for him to shake, if he wanted to. Her gaze turned outward to the lake for a slight second.

message 7: by Lacey (new)

Dami smiled sheepishly and then indicated she could sit on the log near the water he was currently sitting on. "Is it that obvious?" He asked lightly with a hesitant smile. Dami was sweet and laid back but he also had reservations about everyone and everything. He just wasn't sure if he could trust her yet.... He'd learned that instant trust wasn't something beneficial to him. It usually just ended up with him getting hurt. "I'm Dami." He introduced himself shaking her hand.

message 8: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

"Yeah..." she said trailing off in the middle of that sentence while she sat down, "and I would've recognized you from last year." Evelyn said smiling as she said it in a playful manner, not being too mean about it. She noticed his purple mark peeking out from underneath his coat sleeve, but said nothing, not knowing how he had already reacted to finding out this wasn't a camp for "normal" people. "Cool name, it's one of a kind. I like it." A fish jumping in the Lake caught her attention for a minute, the water was looking refreshing. "So did you just come to the lake to think? To get away from everything?"

message 9: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

((friendly reminder))

message 10: by Lacey (new)

"Thanks." He smiled in response to her compliment. Most people thought it was strange, and girly. "It's short for Damien." He added. At her question he just nodded. "Yeah." He agreed. Honestly the only thing he could think about was how relived he was. Relieved this wasn't a religious camp. He hadn't known how well he could protect his secret. Especially at a place that anted to beat it out if him.

message 11: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

""The lake is always so refreshing and calming." Evelyn said smiling to herself. "Have you done anything besides just check in and initation?" There was so many opportunities at camp, but eventually one would get to all of them. "Better question is, what do you like to do?" Evelyn asked looking at him carefully, trying to guage him.

message 12: by Lacey (new)

"That's about it." Dami admitted shyly. After the shock of initiation and orientation he'd just needed a moment to collect himself and his wits. It was a lot to take in but it was also kind of amazing. An entire summer free from his family and his religion. At her question about his hobbies he blushed. "Well I like theater and musicals. I also like clothes." He admitted blushing agin. He always felt so nervous telling people about his hobbies. He was just waiting for their judgment. "What'd you like to do?"

message 13: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

"Yeah the first week of camp for a new camper is pretty dull, but it gets better!" Evelyn promised. Even though she was giving up time to be with her family, there was still things to learn about being a supernatural, that's why she was here. Evelyn nodded along as he said his hobbies. "I like clothes too, just not girly stuff." They were cool hobbies to have. "Mine?" She asked placing a hand on her chest, as if to say 'me?'. "Let's see, I like sports..." she tried to think..."I'm kinda a tomboy but i do occasionally enjoy dressing up." That included makeup and stuff, not things she was the best at though.

message 14: by Lacey (new)

Dami found it kind of funny that she was probably more boyish than him. "Sports and I don't really mix." He explained sheepishly. Looking around he couldn't help but be in awe at the camp. "I'm excited to be here." He added sweetly his eyes bright. A whole summer of freedom. He didn't plan on fully telling the truth but at least here he could be away from his family's judgement.

message 15: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

Her face dimmed when he said that, but she replied happily, "That's okay, they aren't for everyone." She faintly wondered why, but realized it wasn't her business. "I'm excited to be back at camp." The camp was super fun after the first week, and had plenty of things to offer.

message 16: by Lacey (new)

"Where are you from?" He asked curiously. He didn't want to pry but he wondered if maybe there were other kids in his situation. He just wanted to escape his home and be himself but at the same time he was terrified to be himself. He knew his mom and dad had there reservations about him. He wasn't the perfect son they'd always hoped for. He just wanted to make them proud and by being himself he'd let them down.

message 17: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (last edited Jul 10, 2017 10:42AM) (new)

"Bend Oregon. You?" Evelyn said with a hint of homesickness, see the only thing bad about leaving home to come to camp was leaving everyone behind, it was certainly hard leaving her brothers behind. "You know, I left behind my siblings and parents to come to camp, but it allowed me to be myself because no one here judges you."

message 18: by Lacey (new)

"Boone, North Carolina." Dami replied in return. It seemed like they both came from relatively similar smallish towns. Dami nodded along pretending to be sympathetic when she talked about her parents and siblings. It wasn't that he didn't miss his family. As much as they didn't understand each tiger he did it was just...well he didn't really miss them that much. It was only the first day of camp though, he'd get homesick soon enough. Wouldn't he? When she said something about being herself without others judging her he froze. "What'd you mean?" He a,she'd trying to keep his voice even.

message 19: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

"The most common thing us campers have are parents who don't approve of who we are or how we act." evelyn explained sliding her hands into her pockets. "My parents didn't like that I hung out with guys more than girls... It's actually a stupid thing for a parent to not like, but it is what it is." Evelyn said shrugging, there was worse things people had to work through.

message 20: by Lacey (new)

Dami's eyes light up when he realized she was just like him. "Really? My parent's didn't approve that I spent my time with girls and that I liked to sew and sing." he admitted shyly. He'd never told anyone that. It wasn't like he'd told her he was gay but he'd admitted his parents didn't accept him for a lot. It was a huge step for him. Everything just felt different here. Hefe,t like these were people that would accept him, even if he was gay

message 21: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

"It seems that there are going to be alot of different people here, so you'll be able to be yourself here. Nobody here judges." Evelyn said noting his shyness, and catching on to the hidden truth that he was keeping back. Well it was just a thought, but she wouldn't bring it up unless he did first. And on the point of not judging others, it was a rule here, which was followed for the most part...

message 22: by Lacey (new)

"That...that's amazing!" Dami repelled incredulously. The poor thing was pretty naive and also really self conscious. He had no idea secret wasn't really a secret. He'd be horrified to realize most people already suspected he was gay. "My community's really religious." He explained to Evelyn, clarifying his wonder at this judgement free zone. He lobed his community but they just didn't get him.

message 23: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

"Lots of people enjoy coming because of it." Evelyn said a bit taken back at his sudden excitement. It's one of the reasons why she came back this year. "That must be hard, always be expected to live one way, but not being that way at all." She guessed when he said that his community was really religious. Well thats what she got out of it anyway.

message 24: by Lacey (new)

Dami nodded blushing slightly because he'd gotten a little over excited. Glancing down at his well maintained nails he just nodded. "It's ok." He releasing always the neutral one. He didn't blame his parents and his siblings though. He blamed himself. Why couldn't he just be normal?

message 25: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

"Hey sorry if that was too personal." Evelyn said looking away, and cringing to herself. That was a tad rude of her to just say that out loud. evelyn noticed the sun setting, and gace a quick look towards camp. "Did you come to get in the lake? If so we should probably get in fast before we have to go back to our cabins."

message 26: by Lacey (new)

Dami didn't think it was too personal so he just smiled at her softly. "It's fine." He insisted always the neutral one. At her suggestion eh shudders and shook his head. "No thank you." He replied wrinkling his nose at the thought.

message 27: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

She gave a small laugh at his face when she suggested getting in the lake. "Well I'm gonna get in for a sec." she stand pushing herself up to a standing position. "I guess you can wait and we can walk back together or you can go ahead." Evelyn suggested pointing the direction of camp. Either way was fine with her.

message 28: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

((should we wrap it up?))

message 29: by Lacey (new)

((Ya would you mind? I'm sorry for my weird activity I just really am having a hard time with Dami's character. Shall I post a wrap up post?))

message 30: by Kya | Diamond, Tired one... (new)

((It's okay. And if you want you can post a wrap up post.))

message 31: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail  (Semi-Hiatus) (Abbigail) | 494 comments ((Sorry if I stopped the roleplay here. I didn't check to see that the lake.))

Ember was amazed when she saw the lake. It wasn't like anything she had seen before. She was speechless.

message 32: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail  (Semi-Hiatus) (Abbigail) | 494 comments (( Do you still want to do this roleplay or do you want to try doing Skykar and Chase again or...?))

message 33: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments Kit landed next to the lake and shifted back into his human form. He stretched out, letting his muscles relax after the strain of flying for hours above the camp. Thankfully it hadn't been too hot of a day, so he wasn't exhausted. Coffee still sounded pretty nice right about now, though.

message 34: by Fox (last edited Sep 04, 2017 01:24PM) (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments Kit laughed slightly. "Are you one of the new campers?" He walked towards her. The question was somewhat of just a conversation starter, as it was pretty obvious that she was newer here. It was also obvious that Kit was a better shapeshifter. He'd been doing ir for over a decade now, after all. "I'm Kit."

message 35: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments "You've trained at shapeshifting longer than I have?" Kit giggled. "And how long have you even been able to shape shift? A couple days? Maybe a week?" Before Ashley could tell what was happening, Kit had shifted into an exact copy of herself. He then seemed to vanish for a couple seconds before appearing behind her, just as he was before.

message 36: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments ((Kit is staff for the camp! He's 27 :-P But friends for sure! ))

message 37: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments "Well it sure would suck if I was a no-good shapeshifter because then everyone here would probably be dead..." Kit paused for a moment and looked around. "Oh well!" He grinned and messed up Ashley's hair. "So what's your name?"

message 38: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments ((haha sorry about that I thought you knew! We can do it again if you want to!)

message 39: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments (Yeah totally!!!)

message 40: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments "Im Aegon Graelin, but people call me Kit. Im one of the groundskeepers here." Kit gestured towards the lake as if to take a short little walk. "Ive been here for 12 years now. As first as a camper, but it became my home." Kit kicked a small rock and it skidded across the ground. " I got here when I was just around your age. maybe even a year younger. Let me guess, sixteen?"

message 41: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments ((Brother!))

"Ill take that note, then." Kit quickly glanced around the perimeter to make sure all was well. it was something he found himself doing practically automatically. "So.." Kit turned around so that he was walking backwards. "What is your favorite form to take?"

message 42: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments "Have you seen a crow flying over the camp recently?" Kit thought it was funny that she was copying him. All these kids ever wanted was someone to be like them, make them feel welcome. "That's m..." As he was halfway through the word Kit's heel caught on a rock and he slipped backwards, landing flat on his back.

message 43: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments Kit rubbed the back of his neck. Well that was embarrassing.... He brushed his pants off and stood back up. "I was saying that that crow is me... So theres my answer." He cracked his knuckles. "Also, its my job to be on guard. I have to make sure no one finds this place, if anything its just the occasional camper for the most part."

message 44: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments Kit looked suddenly offended. "Crows are amazing. They practically speak to each other, letting each group know exactly what is going on. Everything you've ever done is probably seen by crows. Not to mention the strength of their beaks. So take that back. Also, I'm 27."

message 45: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments "Thats just entirely false. Crows are one of the smartest species of birds. They can track faces and patterns and even have families like humans do. Plus theres so many of them that when you are one, any information you could need is at your fingertips. Its perfect..."

message 46: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments "Just about anything that has to do with people and places, yeah! See how cool crows are!"

((Yeah where?))

message 47: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments ((Lets go to the midnight falls!))

message 48: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 111 comments ((Wait no those are evil jkjk.... Umm how about the east side of the lake))

message 49: by Brian (new)

Brian (OscarT) Tia ran as fast as she could, but Ashley's longer legs let her get to the lake first. Tia dropped her bag on the shore and ran into the water yelling and laughing and began splashing water at Ashley and Liss. She swam, well waded about for a while then drifted to the shore and sat down on the ground. She took her book out of her bag and began reading, humming under her breath. Shortly, her breathing began deeper and she sighed quietly.

message 50: by Brian (last edited Sep 04, 2017 04:05PM) (new)

Brian (OscarT) Tia noticed Ashley seated nearby and watched from the corner of her eye as the older girl took out her sketch pad and started drawing. Tia continued reading and was beginning to fidget a bit. She breathed softly and sighed again, then her body shook briefly and she closed her eyes and slumped a bit.

« previous 1 3 4 5