New Adult Book Club discussion

Recommendations > New Adult meets Historical romance???

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura Savage (lauracsavage) | 7 comments Hi guys, I was wondering if anybody could help me...

I've been really itching to read some historical romance. But I'm looking for something a little more raunchy and steamy than your usual swashbuckling romances.

I'm really into NA contemporary romance focusing on young-ish protagonists. But since I also really like history, I was wondering if there are any books out there which combine the two?

Does anybody know of any steamy historical romances which you would consider New Adult? I.e either subject matter/tone or focusing on young characters?

Get back to me if you can think of anything :)

message 2: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samanthamg) | 1 comments RL Mathewson has one historical novel in her neighbor from hell series called Truce. It ties into the other novels, but it could also be read as a standalone I think.

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura Savage (lauracsavage) | 7 comments Yes, I've read that one. I loved it. That's actually one of the reasons I started searching for more like it :)

message 4: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 10 comments Hmm, I'm not sure if this falls into NA but it was an awesome, angsty read The Day of the Duchess. I would definitely recommend starting with this first book in the series - it features a younger heroine - and gives some background to the one I mentioned but overall both are really good.

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura Savage (lauracsavage) | 7 comments Thank you so much. This sounds right up my alley, and I'm gonna check out the whole series! :)

Teresa in Ohio  (teresainohio) The Luxe this is a series, It has young adults and the debautante season, there is a few different love triangles going on and some backstabbing between friends and sister rivalry and then there is a great twist too

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura Savage (lauracsavage) | 7 comments Thanks for the rec. I'll check it out :)