Books Stephen King Recommends discussion

Jul-Aug 2017 The Fireman > Books 5 & 6: Prisoners & Phoenix (Spoilers)

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Almeta, co-moderator (new)

Almeta (MenFromMarrs) | 1092 comments Mod
Discuss Books 5 & 6 ( Approx. 114 pages)

message 2: by Tom (new)

Tom | 52 comments I read 3 4 5 and 6 this weekend in one fell swoop. I am really enjoying this book. It's kind of interesting that Harper is written by a male, I like the way Joe Hill thinks females think about guys. Not that his characters prove her wrong very much. I like his ideas on group-think too. There are some good ideas floating around in this time suck of a novel :-)

message 3: by Larissa (last edited Jul 08, 2017 09:24AM) (new)

Larissa | 270 comments Starting here and building to a fever pitch for the next several sections of the book: very loud echoes of Fahrenheit 451, The Dome, 1984, etc...

message 4: by Almeta, co-moderator (new)

Tom wrote: "I read 3 4 5 and 6 this weekend in one fell swoop. I am really enjoying this book. It's kind of interesting that Harper is written by a male, I like the way Joe Hill thinks females think about guys..."

It is interesting that there are so many important female characters here. All with varied personalities. The titled male character is not featured half as much!

message 5: by Almeta, co-moderator (last edited Jul 17, 2017 03:03AM) (new)

Book 5, Chapter 1 thru 12

So others have (view spoiler)

Book 6, Chapter 1 thru 13

Didn't you just know (view spoiler)

No (view spoiler)

Oddly enough, (view spoiler)

message 6: by Larissa (new)

Larissa | 270 comments Oh gosh, that ambulance scene had me stressing the whole time. So good!