Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > Suggestion - a Filter on the book discussions list

Comments (showing 1-3 of 3) (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (Havan) | 735 comments At the bottom of each book details page there's a list of discussion thread that cite the book in question.

This feature has always seemed to have GREAT potential but strikes me as severely under-used.

Two things would make it seem more accessible and possibly be more useful.

1) Position it where it is noticed by more people.
2) Add a filter than allows (those who want to) to limit the threads shown to those that are directly linked to the book (and NOT part of a groups to which the viewer doesn't belong) browsing through pages of discussion I can't contribute to does make it harder to find discussions that I can participate in.

message 2: by Carol ꧁꧂ (new)

Carol  ꧁꧂ I would love to see some improvement to the book tab books. I would love filters for language as I always have at least 4 books with threads in languages I don't speak.
& a filter by rating. I usually find I don't have more to say about my 2 & 3★ books.
This is the page I'm talking about
https://www.goodreads.com/topic?discu...

Personally I wouldn't want the discussions moved further up the book page - especially if GR doesn't get rid of Reader Q&A

message 3: by Majo, Goodreads Expert (new)

Majo Pereira | 505 comments Mod
Stephen wrote: "At the bottom of each book details page there's a list of discussion thread that cite the book in question.

This feature has always seemed to have GREAT potential but strikes me as severely under..."

Thanks for your feedback. Currently, we don't have as a priority any changes to the discussions on the book page. We'll make sure to let you know if we decide to modify this feature.