Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2017 Challenges Archive > 2017 July Monthly Challenge

Comments (showing 1-50 of 156) (156 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Tammie (last edited Jun 19, 2017 01:46PM) (new)

Tammie | 977 comments2017 July Monthly Challenge​

​1. 'J' is for July​​: Read a book that starts with 'J' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'J'.

​2. Happy Anniversary!​ ​Read a book that was published in July of any year or read a book of an RRRC member that joined in July of any year. Link to member list, beginning with July 2016​:​​ ​MEMBER LIST​ ​

​3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author​ ​- ​Jennifer Ashley: Read one book written by Jennifer Ashley or any author with her first or last name. Link to Jennifer Ashley's backlist

Fun Facts about ​Jennifer-
* ​NY Times Bestselling author
​* ​​​She's won RWA's RITA and RT Reviewer's Choice awards​
* ​Writes historical and paranormal romance and historical mysteries
* ​She writes under three pen names: Jennifer Ashley, Allyson James, and Ashley Gardner

--You may also choose to read a book under any of her pen names, an author with the same first or last name of those pen names or any paranormal or historical romance.

4. Independence Day: July 4 -- Thomas Jefferson, is the author of the Declaration of Independence. He led a committee that crafted the declaration between June 11-28, 1776.
--Read a book with a MC that's 'independent', a writer or a political figure or a book with a cover that's at least 50% red, white OR blue...combination of 50% OK too...bonus pride points for all three!

5. World Population Day: July 11 -- It is estimated that the world's population could reach 9.7 billion people by 2050, and over 11 billion by 2100. With that many of us, one wonders if this population level is sustainable? With all the issues related to these billions upon billions of people, World Population Day was established to raise awareness of global population issues.
--Read a book that touches on any human rights issue, a book that involves a billionaire or a MC of significant wealth, or a book with more than one person on the cover.

6. "Vive la France!", Bastille Day: July 14 -- Symbolizes the end of the constitutional monarchy, and the beginning of the democratic republic of France. To Frenchmen, Bastille Day is viewed as their liberation.
--Read a book set in France or another Country other than the one your live in or a book that includes a royal/monarch MC (at any level) or a page count that includes a 1 or 4.

7. National Ice Cream Day: July 16 -- It's only fitting that ice cream be given it's own special day. In 1984, President Ronald Reagan proclaimed July as National Ice Cream Month. He also established National Ice Cream Day as the third Sunday in the month.​
--Read a book with the word 'ice' or 'cream' any where in the title, series, or author's name...example "Twice Tempted" or Anne Rice. You can also read a book with ice cream on the cover, a book by your favorite author or a book that would be 'special' to you.

8. International Day of Friendship: July 30 -- Paraguay first celebrated this day on an national level on July 30, 1958. Other countries with early celebrations include: several countries in South America, Bangladesh, India, and Malaysia. In 2011, the United Nations declared this an official international day.
--Read a book that includes MCs who are close friends or a book published in 2011.

9. Mutt's Day: July 31 -- Mutts deserve their day in the spotlight too! By definition a mutt, sometimes called a "Half-breed", is a dog that is of mixed breed.
--Read a book that includes a Pet, has an animal of any kind on the cover or that's considered paranormal or fantasy genre.

​10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice.​

You can choose to complete any number of categories, depending on your reading speed, book availability and/or time commitment.

When posting your challenge progress, please make sure to put the date/s when you finished your book/s.

Please repost when you are finished and I'll add you to the list of finishers!

Happy Reading Everyone!!

message 2: by Tammie (last edited Aug 05, 2017 07:39PM) (new)

Tammie | 977 comments Finishers! (✔)

✔ Amanda A
Aminko
Angie
Arij
Barbara
✔ Barbara ★
✔ Beth
✔ Beth
✔ BJ Rose
✔ Bookchaser
✔ broken-barriers
Brenda
Camille
✔ Christie
✔ Christine
✔ .•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*•. Christine .•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*•
✔ Connie N.
Danielle Gypsy Soul
Elisa
Elizabeth
✔ Emerson
Emily
✔ Ethel
Fran
✔ fleurette
Gea
✔ Georgina
✔ iReadFluff
✔ J.C.
J.P.
✔ JoAnne
Jonquil
✔ Juana
✔ Jujubee
✔ Julianna
✔ Justme
KarenH
✔ Katherine
✔ ☘KathyD☘
✔ Katie
✔ Kesha
Kimberly
✔ Krissy
✔ L. M. Warren
✔ Lacy
Larissa
✔ LaurLa
✔ Lilly
Lily
Melissa
✔ ~Melissa~
Miriam
✔ Mojca
✔ MountainKat
✔ MyzanM
✔ NayNay
Nicole
✔ Ranzes Ryne
Sallie (GeorgiaGirl)
✔ Sandra
✔ Sarah
✔ Shannon
✔ Shelby
✔ Sonja
Stephanie
✔ Susan
Suzanne
✔ Tammie
✔ Teresa
Yz the Whyz

message 4: by Teresa (last edited Aug 01, 2017 12:44PM) (new)

Teresa | 218 comments I'm in!! Hopefully will get 8 completed this month, we'll see.

2017 July Monthly Challenge​​

8/8

✔️​​1. 'J' is for July​​: Read a book that starts with 'J' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'J'. ~ Summer of Firefly Memories ~ Joan Gable ~ 7/4/17

​​2. Happy Anniversary!​ ​Read a book that was published in July of any year.

✔️​​3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author​ ​- ​Jennifer Ashley​: Read one book written by Jennifer Ashley or any author with her first or last name. Link to Jennifer Ashley's backlist ~ Bet Me | ~ Jennifer Cruise ~ 7/4/17

✔️4. Independence Day: July 4--Read a book with a MC that's 'independent', a writer or a political figure or a book with a cover that's at least 50% red, white OR blue...combination of 50% OK too...bonus pride points for all three! ~ Third Grave Dead Ahead ~ D. Jones ~ 7/21/17

✔️5. World Population Day: July 11--Read a book that touches on any human rights issue, a book that involves a billionaire or a MC of significant wealth, or a book with more than one person on the cover. ~ Memory House ~ Bette Lee Crosby ~ 7/24/17

✔️6. "Vive la France!", Bastille Day: July 14 ~ Read a book set in France or another Country other than the one your live in or a book that includes a royal/monarch MC (at any level) or a page count that includes a 1 or 4. ~ page count ~ 304 pages ~ What Makes a Family ~ Colleen Faulkner ~ 7/29/17

​7. National Ice Cream Day: July 16 ~ Read a book with the word 'ice' or 'cream' any where in the title, series, or author's name...example "Twice Tempted" or Anne Rice. You can also read a book with ice cream on the cover, a book by your favorite author or a book that would be 'special' to you.

✔️​8. International Day of Friendship: July 30 ~ Read a book that includes MCs who are close friends or a book published in 2011. ~ Summer Rental ~ Mary Kay Andrews ~7/1/17

✔️9. Mutt's Day: July 31 ~ Read a book that includes a Pet, has an animal of any kind on the cover or that's considered paranormal or fantasy genre. ~ The Thing Is ~ Kathleen Gerard ~ 7/15/17

✔️​10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice ~ The Keeper of Lost Things ~ Ruth Hogan ~ 7/9/17

Summer of Firefly Memories (Loon Lake, #1) by Joan Gable Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie The Keeper of Lost Things by Ruth Hogan Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson, #3) by Darynda Jones Memory House (Memory House, #1) by Bette Lee Crosby Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews The Thing Is by Kathleen Gerard What Makes a Family by Colleen Faulkner

message 5: by Bookchaser (last edited Jul 01, 2017 11:05AM) (new)

Bookchaser | 1563 comments ​2017 July Monthly Challenge​​

0/10 Completed

0​​1. 'J' is for July​​: Read a book that starts with 'J' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'J'.
Just A Taste by Deirdre Martin
OR
Just My Luck by Rosalind James
OR
Splendid by Julia Quinn
0​​2. Happy Anniversary!:​ ​Read a book that was published in July of any year or read a book of an RRRC member that joined in July of any year.
Virtual Warrior by Ann Lawrence
OR
That Familiar Touch by Dara Joy
OR
Siren's Call by Jayne Castle
​​03. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author​ ​~ ​Jennifer Ashley​: Read one book written by Jennifer Ashley or any author with her first or last name.
You may also choose to read a book under any of her pen names, an author with the same first or last name of those pen names or any paranormal or historical romance.
Drowning in Fire by Hanna Martine
OR
Heart Legacy by Robin D. Owens
OR
Guardian by Angela Knight
04. Independence Day (July 4): Read a book with a MC that's 'independent', a writer or a political figure or a book with a cover that's at least 50% red, white OR blue...combination of 50% OK too...bonus pride points for all three!
Sweet Southern Bad Boy by Michele Summers
OR
No Sunshine When She's Gone by Kate Angell
OR
Allegiance of Honor by Nalini Singh
05. World Population Day (July 11): Read a book that touches on any human rights issue, a book that involves a billionaire or a MC of significant wealth, or a book with more than one person on the cover.
A Path Appears: Transforming Lives, Creating Opportunity by Nicholas D. Kristof
OR
The Best of Me by Elisabeth Barrett
OR
A Kiss in the Snow by Susan Mallery
06. "Vive la France!", Bastille Day (July 14): Read a book set in France or another Country other than the one your live in or a book that includes a royal/monarch MC (at any level) or a page count that includes a 1 or 4.
Dreams of Lilacs by Lynn Kurland
OR
Always on My Mind by Bella Andre
0​7. National Ice Cream Day (July 16): Read a book with the word 'ice' or 'cream' any where in the title, series, or author's name...example "Twice Tempted" or Anne Rice. You can also read a book with ice cream on the cover, a book by your favorite author or a book that would be 'special' to you.
Love on Ice by Olivia West
OR
A Perfect Homecoming by Lisa Dyson
OR
The Reasons to Stay by Laura Drake
OR
Full Scoop by Janet Evanovich
0​8. International Day of Friendship (July 30): Read a book that includes MCs who are close friends or a book published in 2011.

09. Mutt's Day (July 31): Read a book that includes a pet, has an animal of any kind on the cover or that's considered paranormal or fantasy genre.
About a Dog by Jenn McKinlay
OR
Need You for Keeps by Marina Adair
OR
Must Love Wieners by Casey Griffin
10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice.​

XXX Just A Taste (New York Blades, #6) by Deirdre MartinXXX Just My Luck (Escape to New Zealand, #5) by Rosalind JamesXXX Splendid (The Splendid Trilogy, #1) by Julia QuinnXXX Virtual Warrior by Ann LawrenceXXX That Familiar Touch (Matrix of Destiny, #4) by Dara JoyXXX Siren's Call (Rainshadow, #4; Ghost Hunters, #12) by Jayne CastleXXX Drowning in Fire (The Elementals, #3) by Hanna MartineXXX Heart Legacy (Celta's Heartmates, #14) by Robin D. OwensXXX Guardian (Time Hunters #2) by Angela KnightXXX Sweet Southern Bad Boy (Harmony Homecomings, #3) by Michele SummersXXX No Sunshine When She's Gone (Barefoot William, #3) by Kate AngellXXX Allegiance of Honor (Psy-Changeling #15) by Nalini SinghXXX A Path Appears Transforming Lives, Creating Opportunity by Nicholas D. KristofXXX The Best of Me (Return to Briarwood, #2) by Elisabeth BarrettXXX A Kiss in the Snow (Fool's Gold #20.5) by Susan MalleryXXX Dreams of Lilacs (de Piaget, #13; de Piaget/MacLeod, #20) by Lynn KurlandXXX Always on My Mind (San Francisco Sullivans, #8; The Sullivans, #8) by Bella AndreXXX Love on Ice by Olivia WestXXX A Perfect Homecoming by Lisa DysonXXX The Reasons to Stay by Laura DrakeXXX Full Scoop (Full #6) by Janet EvanovichXXX About a Dog (A Bluff Point Romance #1) by Jenn McKinlayXXX Need You for Keeps (Heroes of St. Helena, #1) by Marina AdairXXX Must Love Wieners (A Rescue Dog Romance #1) by Casey GriffinXXX

message 6: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 8667 comments Me please!

message 7: by Krissy (last edited Jul 14, 2017 10:33PM) (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 472 comments KRISSY'S SPOT
10/10 Completed

01. J Title: Jumbo 7/08 ★★★
02. Pub in July: Waiting for a Prince 7/05 ★★★★
03. Jennifer Ashley: The Calling 7/14 ★★★
04. Blue Cover: Life After Joe 7/01 ★★★★
05. Wealthy MC: The Countess Conspiracy 7/03 ★★★★
06. Set in France: Powder And Patch 7/02 ★★
07. Ice/Cream Title: Icecapade 7/04 ★★★★
08. Published in 2011: Talker's Graduation 7/06 ★★
09. Animal on Cover: Golden Eyes 7/06 ★
10. Reader's Choice: Manny Get Your Guy 7/07 ★★★★

Jumbo by Todd Young Waiting for a Prince (Island Tales, #1) by K.C. Wells The Calling (Immortals, #1) by Jennifer Ashley Life After Joe by Harper Fox The Countess Conspiracy (Brothers Sinister, #3) by Courtney Milan Powder And Patch by Georgette Heyer Icecapade by Josh Lanyon Talker's Graduation (Talker, #3) by Amy Lane Golden Eyes (Wild Series, #1) by Maya Banks Manny Get Your Guy (The Mannies, #2) by Amy Lane

message 8: by Sandra (last edited Jul 20, 2017 01:50AM) (new)

Sandra | 447 comments I'm in!

1 J is for July - Kept - Jami Alden - 7 JULY
2 Published in July - Blindfolded Innocence - Alessandra Torre - 6 JULY
3 Same name as author - Rock Chick Revolution - Kristen Ashley - 6 JULY
4 Blue/white cover - Black Ice - Anne Stuart - 8 JULY
5 Billionaire - The VIP Doubles Down - Nancy Herkness - 9 JULY
6 different country than mine - The Diary of Brad De Luca - Alessandra Torre - 7 JULY
7 Ice in title - Ice Blue - Anne Stuart - 16 JULY
8 Published in 2011 - Belong to Me - Shayla Black - 12 JULY
9 Animal on cover - Divide & Conquer - Abigail Roux - 20 JULY
10 Reader's choice - Emergency Delivery - Samanthe Beck - 11 JULY

Kept (Gemini Men, #2) by Jami Alden Blindfolded Innocence (Innocence, #1) by Alessandra Torre Rock Chick Revolution (Rock Chick, #8) by Kristen Ashley Black Ice (Ice, #1) by Anne Stuart The VIP Doubles Down (Wager of Hearts #3) by Nancy Herkness The Diary of Brad De Luca (Innocence, #1.5) by Alessandra Torre Ice Blue (Ice, #3) by Anne Stuart Belong to Me (Wicked Lovers, #5) by Shayla Black Divide & Conquer (Cut & Run, #4) by Abigail Roux Emergency Delivery (Love Emergency, #2) by Samanthe Beck

message 9: by Sonja (last edited Jul 29, 2017 04:27PM) (new)

Sonja (SonjaC) | 394 comments I'm in of course!
5/10 is the plan....
7/10 DONE
​​1. 'J' is for July​​: The King's Courtesan by Judith James ***** My Review
​​2. Happy Anniversary: Outlander July 26th 2005
​​3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author​ ​- ​Jennifer Ashley​ or Paranormal/Historical: How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (paranormal/historical) **** My Review
4. Independence Day: July 4: Between the Devil and Desire (red cover) or
The Art of Sinning (white cover) or
Scandal Wears Satin (blue cover)
5. World Population Day: July 11: Any Duchess Will Do (MC with wealth)
6. "Vive la France!", Bastille Day: Surviving Raine (book set in the Caribbean) **** My Review
​7. National Ice Cream Day: July 16: Lick (My own little brand of humor there... doesn't say ICE or CREAM, but... well... Okay I don't need to elaborate!) ***** My Review
​8. International Day of Friendship: July 30: Wives Of War (friendships)
9. Mutt's Day: July 31: Must Love Wieners (dog on cover)
​10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice.​ Leaving this one open for several choices I'm still debating... the 5-10 books I've been trying to read! LOL Into the Fury ***
Read a second one on my Reader'sChoice list:
It Ends with Us and SO glad I did! ***** My Review

Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon The Art of Sinning (Sinful Suitors, #1) by Sabrina Jeffries/ Scandal Wears Satin (The Dressmakers, #2) by Loretta Chase Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove, #4) by Tessa Dare Wives Of War by Soraya Lane Must Love Wieners (A Rescue Dog Romance #1) by Casey Griffin
My Reader's Choices:
Blame It on the Duke (The Disgraceful Dukes, #3) by Lenora Bell Crossing Hearts (Atlanta Skyline, #1) by Rebecca Crowley 15th Affair (Women's Murder Club #15) by James Patterson Sugar Daddy (Travises, #1) by Lisa Kleypas The Hating Game by Sally Thorne The Edge of Never (The Edge of Never, #1) by J.A. Redmerski

DONE:
The King's Courtesan by Judith James Between the Devil and Desire (Scoundrels of St. James, #2) by Lorraine Heath How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced, #1) by Kerrelyn Sparks Surviving Raine (Surviving Raine, #1) by Shay Savage Lick (Stage Dive, #1) by Kylie Scott Into the Fury (BOSS, Inc., #1) by Kat Martin It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover

message 10: by Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (last edited Jun 19, 2017 05:45PM) (new)

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (Shuga) | 881 comments 2017 July Monthly Challenge​​

​​1. 'J' is for July​​: Read a book that starts with 'J' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'J'.

​​2. Happy Anniversary!​ ​Read a book that was published in July of any year or read a book of an RRRC member that joined in July of any year. Link to member list, beginning with July 2016​:​​ ​MEMBER LIST​ ​

​​3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author​ ​- ​Jennifer Ashley​: Read one book written by Jennifer Ashley or any author with her first or last name. Link to Jennifer Ashley's backlist

* ​She writes under three pen names: Jennifer Ashley, Allyson James, and Ashley Gardner

--You may also choose to read a book under any of her pen names, an author with the same first or last name of those pen names or any paranormal or historical romance.

4. Independence Day: July 4 -- Thomas Jefferson, is the author of the Declaration of Independence. He led a committee that crafted the declaration between June 11-28, 1776.
--Read a book with a MC that's 'independent', a writer or a political figure or a book with a cover that's at least 50% red, white OR blue...combination of 50% OK too...bonus pride points for all three!

5. World Population Day: July 11 -- It is estimated that the world's population could reach 9.7 billion people by 2050, and over 11 billion by 2100. With that many of us, one wonders if this population level is sustainable? With all the issues related to these billions upon billions of people, World Population Day was established to raise awareness of global population issues.
--Read a book that touches on any human rights issue, a book that involves a billionaire or a MC of significant wealth, or a book with more than one person on the cover.

6. "Vive la France!", Bastille Day: July 14 -- Symbolizes the end of the constitutional monarchy, and the beginning of the democratic republic of France. To Frenchmen, Bastille Day is viewed as their liberation.
--Read a book set in France or another Country other than the one your live in or a book that includes a royal/monarch MC (at any level) or a page count that includes a 1 or 4.

​7. National Ice Cream Day: July 16 -- It's only fitting that ice cream be given it's own special day. In 1984, President Ronald Reagan proclaimed July as National Ice Cream Month. He also established National Ice Cream Day as the third Sunday in the month.​
--Read a book with the word 'ice' or 'cream' any where in the title, series, or author's name...example "Twice Tempted" or Anne Rice. You can also read a book with ice cream on the cover, a book by your favorite author or a book that would be 'special' to you.

​8. International Day of Friendship: July 30 -- Paraguay first celebrated this day on an national level on July 30, 1958. Other countries with early celebrations include: several countries in South America, Bangladesh, India, and Malaysia. In 2011, the United Nations declared this an official international day.
--Read a book that includes MCs who are close friends or a book published in 2011.

9. Mutt's Day: July 31 -- Mutts deserve their day in the spotlight too! By definition a mutt, sometimes called a "Half-breed", is a dog that is of mixed breed.
--Read a book that includes a Pet, has an animal of any kind on the cover or that's considered paranormal or fantasy genre.

message 11: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 9119 comments July Monthly Challenge
0/4 Read

0​​1. 'J' is for July​​:
0​​2. Happy Anniversary!:​ ​Read a book that was published in July of any year
​​03. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author​ ​~ ​Jennifer Ashley​: paranormal or historical romance.
04. Independence Day (July 4): Read a book with a MC that's 'independent', a writer or a political figure or a book with a cover that's at least 50% red, white OR blue.
05. World Population Day (July 11):MC of significant wealth, or a book with more than one person on the cover.
06. "Vive la France!", Bastille Day (July 14): Read a book set in France or another Country other than the one your live in or a book that includes a royal/monarch MC (at any level) or a page count that includes a 1 or 4.
0​7. National Ice Cream Day (July 16): Read a book with the word 'ice' or 'cream' any where in the title, series, or author's name. You can also read a book with ice cream on the cover, a book by your favorite author or a book that would be 'special' to you.
0​8. International Day of Friendship (July 30): Read a book that includes MCs who are close friends or a book published in 2011.
09. Mutt's Day (July 31): Pet, has an animal cover or paranormal or fantasy genre.

message 12: by Georgina (last edited Jul 13, 2017 09:14PM) (new)

Georgina Parkin (Geosbookblog) | 90 comments 10/10 read

1. 'J' is for July. Read a book whose author's first name starts with 'J':
One Night with a Billionaire 14/7

2. Happy Anniversary! Read a book that was published in July of any year: A Touch of Midnight 10/7 (Published July 14, 3013)

3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author - Jennifer Ashley: Read one book written by Jennifer Ashley or any author with her first or last name: The Many Sins of Lord Cameron 7/7

4. Independence Day, July 4. Read a book with a MC that is a writer or a political figure: The Duke's Perfect Wife 13/7 (he is running for Prime Minister)

5. World Population Day, July 11. Read a book with more than one person on the cover: Dragon Unleashed 6/7

6. Bastille Day, July 14. Read a book set in France: Her Dark Angel 8/7

7. National Ice Cream Day, July 16. Read a book with the word 'ice' or 'cream' any where in the title, series, or author's name: Barbarian's Tease 11/7 (series name: Ice Planet Barbarians)

8. International Day of Friendship, July 30. Read a book that includes MCs who are close friends: Tempting Her Best Friend 9/7

9. Mutt's Day, July 31. Read a book that that's considered paranormal or fantasy genre: Fire in His Kiss 3/7

10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice: The Princesses 13/7

One Night with a Billionaire (Billionaire Boys Club, #6) by Jessica Clare A Touch of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #0.5) by Lara Adrian The Many Sins of Lord Cameron (MacKenzies & McBrides, #3) by Jennifer Ashley The Duke's Perfect Wife (MacKenzies & McBrides, #4) by Jennifer Ashley Dragon Unleashed (Dragon Point, #3) by Eve Langlais Her Dark Angel (Her Angel #1) by Felicity Heaton Barbarian's Tease (Ice Planet Barbarians, #16) by Ruby Dixon Tempting Her Best Friend (What Happens in Vegas, #1) by Gina L. Maxwell Fire in His Kiss (Fireblood Dragon, #2) by Ruby Dixon The Princesses by Alexa Riley

message 13: by Miriam (new)

Miriam | 128 comments My spot

message 14: by Nicole (last edited Jul 30, 2017 09:38AM) (new)

Nicole P | 1424 comments I'm so in!

9/10 completed

✓ 'J' is for July​​: The Thing About Love by Julie James (08/07) ★★★★

​​✓ Happy Anniversary: ​The Law of Attraction by N.M. Silber (05/07) ★★

​​✓ Featured Author Challenge (FAC): One Night Stand by Jennifer Sucevic (06/07) ★★★

✓ Independence Day, July 4: Roman by Sawyer Bennett (30/07) ★★★

✓ World Population Day, July 11: The Bastard Billionaire by Jessica Lemmon (04/07) ★★★★

✓ "Vive la France!", Bastille Day, July 14: Royally Screwed by Emma Chase (03/07) ★★★★

​7. National Ice Cream Day: July 16 -- It's only fitting that ice cream be given it's own special day. In 1984, President Ronald Reagan proclaimed July as National Ice Cream Month. He also established National Ice Cream Day as the third Sunday in the month.​

✓ International Day of Friendship, July 30: Easy Nights by Kristen Proby (25/07) ★★

✓ Mutt's Day, July 31: Good Boy by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy (11/07) ★★★

​✓ Reader's Choice: One Good Reason by Julie Johnson (14/07) ★★★

The Thing About Love by Julie James The Law of Attraction (Lawyers in Love, #1) by N.M. Silber One Night Stand by Jennifer Sucevic Roman (Cold Fury Hockey, #7) by Sawyer Bennett The Bastard Billionaire (Billionaire Bad Boys, #3) by Jessica Lemmon Royally Screwed (Royally, #1) by Emma Chase 7 Easy Nights (Boudreaux, #6) by Kristen Proby Good Boy (WAGs, #1) by Sarina Bowen One Good Reason (Boston Love, #3) by Julie Johnson

message 15: by Barbara ★ (last edited Jul 31, 2017 03:09PM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 3014 comments July Monthly Challenge

READ: 10/10

✔1. 'J' is for July: Gingerbread Cookie Murder - Joann Fluke 7/6

✔2. Happy Anniversary! Ash and Quill - Rachel Caine (July 11, 2017) 7/26

✔3. (FAC) author - Jennifer Ashley: Fatal Fixer-Upper - Jennie Bentley 7/17

✔4. Independence Day, July 4. White Fire - Douglas Preston (white cover) 7/29

✔5. World Population Day, July 11. Warm Bodies - Isaac Mariom (2 peeps on cover) 7/14

✔6. Bastille Day, July 14. The Man Who Spoke Snakish - Andrus Kivirähk (set in Estonia, I live in USA) 7/17

✔7. National Ice Cream Day, July 16. No Strings Attached - Kate Angell (ice cream on cover) 7/31

✔8. Int'l Day of Friendship, July 30. Concrete Savior - Yvonne Navarro (pub May 2011) 7/7

✔9. Mutt's Day, July 31. Fatal Fixer-Upper - Jennie Bentley (cat on cover) 7/17

✔10. Reader's Choice: Lucky Catch - Deborah Coonts 7/8

Gingerbread Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #13.5) by Joanne Fluke Ash and Quill (The Great Library #3) by Rachel Caine Fatal Fixer-Upper (A Do-It-Yourself Mystery, #1) by Jennie Bentley White Fire (Pendergast, #13) by Douglas Preston Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies, #1) by Isaac Marion The Man Who Spoke Snakish by Andrus Kivirähk No Strings Attached (Barefoot William, #2) by Kate Angell Concrete Savior (Dark Redemption, #2) by Yvonne Navarro Fatal Fixer-Upper (A Do-It-Yourself Mystery, #1) by Jennie Bentley Lucky Catch (Lucky O'Toole, #5) by Deborah Coonts

CHALLENGE COMPLETE

message 16: by J.C. (last edited Jul 19, 2017 03:18PM) (new)

J.C. (LadyRose1011) | 375 comments 2017 July Monthly Challenge​​

✔✔Read: 10/10 ✔✔
🌟🌟🌟 COMPLETED🌟🌟🌟

​​✔1. 'J' is for July​​: Read a book that starts with 'J' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'J'.
Schooled Schooled (Mastered, #2.5) by Lorelei James by: Lorelei James {6-3-17} 4 🌟🌟🌟🌟

✔2. Happy Anniversary!​ ​Read a book that was published in July of any year or read a book of an RRRC member that joined in July of any year. Link to member list, beginning with July 2016​:​​ ​MEMBER LIST​ ​
Lady Beresford's Lover Lady Beresford's Lover (The Marriage Game, #7) by Ella Quinn Ella Quinn {7-1-17} 4 🌟🌟🌟🌟 (Published: 7-21-17)

​​✔3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author​ ​- ​Jennifer Ashley​: Read one book written by Jennifer Ashley or any author with her first or last name. Link to Jennifer Ashley's backlist

The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Highland Pleasures, #1) by Angela Dawe by: Jennifer Ashley {7-19-17} 4 🌟🌟🌟🌟

✔4. Independence Day: July 4 -- Thomas Jefferson, is the author of the Declaration of Independence. He led a committee that crafted the declaration between June 11-28, 1776.
Talon Talon (Talon, #1) by Julie Kagawa by: Julie Kagawa {7-19-17} 4 🌟🌟🌟🌟

✔5. World Population Day: July 11 -- It is estimated that the world's population could reach 9.7 billion people by 2050, and over 11 billion by 2100. With that many of us, one wonders if this population level is sustainable? With all the issues related to these billions upon billions of people, World Population Day was established to raise awareness of global population issues.
Mastered Mastered (The Enforcers, #1) by Maya Banks Maya Banks {7-1-17} 4🌟🌟🌟🌟 **Billionaire MC**

✔6. "Vive la France!", Bastille Day: July 14 -- Symbolizes the end of the constitutional monarchy, and the beginning of the democratic republic of France. To Frenchmen, Bastille Day is viewed as their liberation.
Grave Mercy Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by Robin LaFevers by: Robin LaFevers **set in France during 1485 plus with a monarch as side MC** {7-3-17} 5 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

​✔7. National Ice Cream Day: July 16 -- It's only fitting that ice cream be given it's own special day. In 1984, President Ronald Reagan proclaimed July as National Ice Cream Month. He also established National Ice Cream Day as the third Sunday in the month.​
My Fair Captain My Fair Captain (Sci-Regency #1) by J.L. Langley J.L. Langley {7-6-17} **special to me** 5 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

✔8. International Day of Friendship: July 30 -- Paraguay first celebrated this day on an national level on July 30, 1958. Other countries with early celebrations include: several countries in South America, Bangladesh, India, and Malaysia. In 2011, the United Nations declared this an official international day.
Room at the Top Room at the Top (Room at the Top, #1) by Jane Davitt by: Jane Davitt {7-6-17} **Published 9-6-2011 + 2MC are best friends as well as lovers** 3.5 🌟🌟🌟✨

✔9. Mutt's Day: July 31 -- Mutts deserve their day in the spotlight too! By definition a mutt, sometimes called a "Half-breed", is a dog that is of mixed breed.
Stormwalker Stormwalker (Stormwalker, #1) by Allyson James Allyson James {7-4-17} 🌟🌟🌟🌟 **Paranormal/Fantasy**

​✔10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice.​
Dominated Maya Banks Dominated (The Enforcers, #2) by Maya Banks {7-5-17} 4 🌟🌟🌟🌟

message 17: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 1189 comments I'm in.

message 18: by Lilly (last edited Jul 21, 2017 10:00PM) (new)

Lilly | 67 comments 2017 July Monthly Challenge
Completed: 10/10

✔1. 'J' is for July​: Bringing Home the Bad Boy by Jessica Lemmon ✶✶✶✶ July 7
✔2. Happy Anniversary! Mister Hockey by Lia Riley ✶✶✶✶✶ July 13
✔3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author: Adam by Jennifer Ashley ✶✶ July 8
✔4. Independence Day: Ink and Lies: A Funny, Sexy Love Story by S.L. Jennings ✶✶✶✶ ✶ July 9
✔5. World Population Day: Tapping the Billionaire by Max Monroe ✶✶✶✶ July 5
✔6. "Vive la France!", Bastille Day: Sweet Filthy Boy by Christina Lauren ✶✶✶✶ July 3
✔7. National Ice Cream Day: Co-Wrecker by Meghan Quinn ✶✶✶✶ July 12
✔8. International Day of Friendship: Slow Ride by Erin McCarthy ✶✶✶ July 10
✔9. Mutt's Day: Good Boy Sarina Bowen ✶✶✶✶ July 21
✔10. Reader's Choice: Stand by A.L. Jackson ✶✶✶✶✶ July 22

Bringing Home the Bad Boy (Second Chance, #1) by Jessica Lemmon Mister Hockey (Hellions Angels, #1) by Lia Riley Adam (Riding Hard, #1) by Jennifer Ashley Ink and Lies A Funny, Sexy Love Story by S.L. Jennings Tapping the Billionaire (Bad Boy Billionaires, #1) by Max Monroe Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons, #1) by Christina Lauren Co-Wrecker by Meghan Quinn Slow Ride (Fast Track, #5) by Erin McCarthy Good Boy (WAGs, #1) by Sarina Bowen Stand (Bleeding Stars, #6) by A.L. Jackson

message 19: by Beth (last edited Jul 22, 2017 12:42PM) (new)

Beth | 136 comments I'm in!

Finished!

​​1. 'J' is for July​​:
or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'J'. Book Scavenger, Jennifer Bertman 7/1/17

​​2. Happy Anniversary!​ ​Read a book that was published in July of any year Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel, Beverly Jenkins 7/10/17 (July 4, 2017)

​​3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author​ ​- ​Jennifer Ashley​:

or any paranormal or historical romance. Marry in Haste, Anne Gracie 7/10/17

4. Independence Day: July 4 --
--Read a book with a MC that's 'independent', a writer or a political figure : The Woman in Cabin 10, Ruth Ware 7/9/17

5. World Population Day:
--Read a book that touches on any human rights issue, A Closed and Common Orbit, Becky Chambers 7/21/17
or a book with more than one person on the cover. Dragon in Exile, Sharon Lee & Steve Miller 7/3/17

6. "Vive la France!", Bastille Day:
or a book that includes a royal/monarch MC (at any level) A Coalition of Lions, Elizabeth E. Wein 7/4/17 (actually, this would work for all 3 -- 210 pages, in Ethiopia, with royalty)
or a page count that includes a 1 or 4. From Above: A Riley Donovan Mystery, Norah McClintock 7/13/17

​7. National Ice Cream Day:
a book by your favorite author Captain Vorpatril's Alliance, Lois McMaster Bujold 7/5/17

​8. International Day of Friendship: July 30 --
--Read a book that includes MCs who are close friends A Gentleman in Moscow , Amor Towles 7/11/17

9. Mutt's Day: July 31 --
--Read a book that includes a Pet, Brotherhood in Death, J.D. Robb 7/18/17 (Galahad)
has an animal of any kind on the cover The Girl Who Drank the Moon The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill, Kelly Barnhill 7/16/17 (dragon)
or that's considered paranormal or fantasy genre. The Ghost Bride by Yangsze Choo, Yangsze Choo 7/12/17

​10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice.​ Life Matters by The BookClub Seattle, BookClub Seattle 7/6/17

message 20: by Gea (last edited Jul 16, 2017 10:56AM) (new)

Gea (Gea89) | 545 comments 2017 July Monthly Challenge
Duration: July 1st - July 31st
Completed: 6/10

✔1. 'J' is for July​​: Dirty Daddies by Jade West (5/7) **
​​2. Happy Anniversary!​: ​Assassin Next Door by Eve Langlais
✔​​3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author​ ​- ​Jennifer Ashley​: Ashes by Suzanne Wright (12/7) ****
4. Independence Day - July 4: Stroke of Midnight by Olivia Drake
✔5. World Population Day - July 11: Hard Hitter by Sarina Bowen (13/7) ****
✔6. "Vive la France!" Bastille Day - July 14: Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh (6/7) *****
​7. National Ice Cream Day - July 16: Brighter Than the Sun by Maya Banks
✔​8. International Day of Friendship - July 30: Roommates with Benefits by Nicole Williams (16/7) ***
9. Mutt's Day - July 31: Wolf Hunt by Paige Tyler
✔10. Reader's Choice: Heartbreaker by Stacey Kennedy (3/7) ***

Dirty Daddies by Jade West Assassin Next Door (Bad Boy Inc., #1) by Eve Langlais Ashes (Dark in You, #3) by Suzanne Wright Stroke of Midnight (Cinderella Sisterhood, #2) by Olivia Drake Hard Hitter (Brooklyn Bruisers, #2) by Sarina Bowen Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling #1) by Nalini Singh Brighter Than the Sun (KGI, #11) by Maya Banks Roommates with Benefits by Nicole Williams Wolf Hunt (SWAT #6) by Paige Tyler Heartbreaker (Filthy Dirty Love) by Stacey Kennedy

message 21: by broken-barriers (last edited Jul 23, 2017 08:27AM) (new)

broken-barriers | 41 comments I'm in! :)

6/5 completed (I'm aiming for a 5)

✔1. 'J' is for July​​: Undead and Unwed (Mary Janice Davidson) ★★★ July 22, 2017

​​2. Happy Anniversary!​: ​The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (Published in July 2007)

​​3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author​: The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Featured author's book)

✔4. Independence Day - July 4: Just After Sunset (A completely blue cover!) ★★★ July 23, 2017

✔5. World Population Day - July 11: The Color Purple (Deals with human rights issues)★★★★ July 1, 2017

✔6. "Vive la France!" Bastille Day - July 14: Black Wings Has My Angel (Set in a different country) ★★★★ July 14, 2017

✔​7. National Ice Cream Day - July 16: Belle Dame Sans Merci (This could be special to me!) ★★★★★ July 10, 2017

✔​8. International Day of Friendship - July 30: Starstruck (MCs are best friends) ★★ July 7, 2017

9. Mutt's Day - July 31: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay (Fantastic beasts...) [Reading]

10. Reader's Choice: The Princess Bride [Reading]

Undead and Unwed (Undead, #1) by MaryJanice Davidson The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Mackenzies & McBrides, #1) by Jennifer Ashley Just After Sunset by Stephen King The Color Purple by Alice Walker Black Wings Has My Angel by Elliott Chaze Belle Dame Sans Merci by Astrea Taylor Starstruck (Starstruck, #1) by Brenda Hiatt Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them The Original Screenplay by J.K. Rowling The Princess Bride  by William Goldman

message 22: by ~Melissa~ (last edited Jul 29, 2017 08:50PM) (new)

~Melissa~ | 1582 comments RRRC ~ July Monthly Challenge​​
7/1 ~ 7/31/17
9/9 read

​​1. 'J' is for July​​: Dirty Bad Strangers by Jade West 7/3/17 3.5 - 4♥

​​2. Happy Anniversary!​ ​ - July Pub book July 2015 Redesigning Max 7/13/17 3♥

​​3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author​ ​- ​Jennifer Ashley​: PNR book Fight the Tide 7/8/17 3♥

4. Independence Day: July 4 -- Grounding Griffin (Made Marian, #4) by Lucy Lennox 7/29/17 3♥

5. World Population Day: July 11 -- Shifting Gears (Crossroads, #2) by Riley Hart 7/27/17 3♥

6. "Vive la France!", Bastille Day: July 14 -- Vengeance 494 pgs 7/17/17 4♥

​8. International Day of Friendship: July 30 -- a book published in 2011. Ghost Story 7/23/17 4♥

9. Mutt's Day: July 31 -- Dirty Bad Savage 7/25/17 2♥

​10. Reader's Choice: Side Jobs: Stories from the Dresden Files 7/10/17 4♥

message 23: by JoAnne (last edited Jul 25, 2017 06:09PM) (new)

JoAnne | 909 comments I'm in this month...

RRRC July Monthly Challenge
10/10

1. 'J' is for July​​:
Author
Wait for You J. Lynn 7/6/17 AKA Jennifer L. Armentrout

2. Happy Anniversary!:​ ​Read a book that was published in July of any year
Hard to Handle Nicole Edwards 7/18/17

​​3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author​ ​~ ​Jennifer Ashley
Adam Jennifer Ashley 7/15/17

4. Independence Day (July 4): Read a book with a MC that's 'independent',
Lord of the High Lonesome Janet Dailey 7/8/17

5. World Population Day (July 11): Read a book with more than one person on the cover.
Summer at the Lake (Flying Solo #1) by Linda Barrett Summer at the Lake Linda Barrett 7/5/17

6. "Vive la France!", Bastille Day (July 14): Read a book set in another country other than the one your live in. I live in the US and the book is set in Scotland.
Into the Deep Samantha Young 7/7/17

​7. National Ice Cream Day (July 16): Read a book with ice cream on the cover.
Cure for the Common Breakup (Black Dog Bay, #1) by Beth Kendrick Cure for the Common Breakup Beth Kendrick 7/12/17

8. International Day of Friendship (July 30): Read a book published in 2011.
Baby, Come Home Stephanie Bond 7/25/17

9. Mutt's Day (July 31): Pet, paranormal genre.
Dog named General Lee and lots of ghosts!
The Girl On Legare Street Karen White 7/2/17

Fallout Sara Paretsky 7/9/17

message 24: by Christine (last edited Jul 31, 2017 07:02PM) (new)

Christine (KizzieReads) (Kizzie48) | 40 comments I'm in.

Finished July 31...10/10

1. 'J' is for July​​: Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker by Jennifer Chiaverini July 17, 4 stars
​​2. Happy Anniversary!:​ The Duke She Wished For by Ellie St. Clair July 29, 4 stars
​3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author​ ​~ ​Jennifer Ashley​: Penelope & Prince Charming by Jennifer Ashley July 30, 5 stars
4. Independence Day (July 4): Mrs. Lincoln's Rival by Jennifer Chiaverini July 8, 3 stars
5. World Population Day (July 11): Bared to You by Sylvia Day July 25, 4 stars
6. "Vive la France!", Bastille Day (July 14): The One by Kiera Cass July 26, 4.5 stars
​7. National Ice Cream Day (July 16): Portrait of a Starter: A Starters Story by Lissa Price July 26, 3 stars
​8. International Day of Friendship (July 30): How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper July 30, 5 stars
9. Mutt's Day (July 31): Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning July 31, 5 stars
​10. Reader's Choice: The Spymistress by Jennifer Chiaverini July 23, 4 stars

Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker by Jennifer Chiaverini The Duke She Wished For (Happily Ever After, #1) by Ellie St. Clair Penelope & Prince Charming (Nvengaria, #1) by Jennifer Ashley Mrs. Lincoln's Rival by Jennifer Chiaverini Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day The One (The Selection, #3) by Kiera Cass Portrait of a Starter A Starters Story by Lissa Price How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf (Naked Werewolf, #1) by Molly Harper Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning The Spymistress by Jennifer Chiaverini

message 25: by Connie N. (last edited Aug 01, 2017 05:40AM) (new)

Connie N. | 751 comments As always, I'll try for all 10 tasks and see how many I'm able to finish.

Timeframe: 7/1/17 to 7/31/17
10/10

1. 'J' is for July - Author's first name starts with 'J' - Author Janet Evanovich - Top Secret Twenty-One - 7/3/17 ♥♥♥♥♥

2. Happy Anniversary! - Published in July of any year - I Need a Lifeguard Everywhere But the Pool by Lisa Scottoline - 7/7/17 ♥♥♥♥
Published 7/11/17

3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author - Jennifer Ashley - Any paranormal romance - Seventh Grave and No Body by Darynda Jones - 7/15/17 ♥♥♥♥

4. Independence Day: July 4 - MC that's 'independent' - Just This Once by Rosalind James - 7/31/17 ♥♥♥♥
Hannah is so used to being on her own that she won’t accept anything from Drew.

5. World Population Day: July 11 - MC of significant wealth - Promises in Death by J.D. Robb - 7/8/17 ♥♥♥♥♥

6. "Vive la France!", Bastille Day: July 14 - Page count that includes a 1 or 4 - 291 pgs - Until November by Aurora Rose Reynolds - 7/9/17 ♥♥

7. National Ice Cream Day: July 16 - Favorite author - Author Janet Evanovich - Hero at Large - 7/11/17 ♥♥♥

8. International Day of Friendship - MCs who are close friends - Lured In by Laura Drewry - 7/27/17 ♥♥♥♥
Jessie and Finn have been friends for years before they became lovers.

9. Mutt's Day: July 31 – Paranormal or fantasy genre - Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews - 7/4/17 ♥♥♥

10. Reader's Choice - Your choice - Cowboy to Command by Sabrina York - 7/13/17 ♥♥♥♥

Top Secret Twenty-One (Stephanie Plum, #21) by Janet Evanovich I Need a Lifeguard Everywhere But the Pool by Lisa Scottoline Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7) by Darynda Jones Just This Once (Escape to New Zealand, #1) by Rosalind James Promises in Death (In Death, #28) by J.D. Robb Until November (Until, #1) by Aurora Rose Reynolds Hero at Large by Janet Evanovich Lured In (Fishing for Trouble, #2) by Laura Drewry Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews Cowboy to Command (Stripped Down, #2) by Sabrina York

*****CHALLENGE COMPLETE 7/31/17*****

message 26: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 967 comments i'm in! =)

message 27: by NayNay (last edited Jul 17, 2017 11:48AM) (new)

NayNay Romance Readers Monthly Reading Challenge
Duration:
July 1/17 - July 31/17

​​1. 'J' is for July​​: Read a book that starts with 'J' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'J'.
Fall of Poppies Stories of Love and the Great War by Heather WebbFall of Poppies by Jennifer Robson 07/07/17 *****

​​2. Happy Anniversary!​ ​Read a book that was published in July of any year or read a book of an RRRC member that joined in July of any year. Link to member list, beginning with July 2016​:​​ ​MEMBER LIST​ ​
Seduction on the Sand (The Billionaires of Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #6) by Roxanne St. ClaireSeduction on the Sand by Roxanne St. Claire 07/06/17 **** Pub in July

​​3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author​ ​- ​Jennifer Ashley​: Read one book written by Jennifer Ashley or any author with her first or last name. Link to Jennifer Ashley's backlist

The Unfaithful Queen A Novel of Henry VIII's Fifth Wife by Carolly Erickson The Unfaithful Queen by Carolly Erickson 07/14/17 **** HR

4. --Read a book with a MC that's 'independent', a writer or a political figure or a book with a cover that's at least 50% red, white OR blue...combination of 50% OK too...bonus pride points for all three!
The Favored Queen by Carolly EricksonThe Favored Queen by Carolly Erickson 07/03/17 ***

5. --Read a book that touches on any human rights issue, a book that involves a billionaire or a MC of significant wealth, or a book with more than one person on the cover.
The Queen's Promise by Lyn AndrewsThe Queen's Promise by Lyn Andrews 07/02/17 ***** wealth

6. --Read a book set in France or another Country other than the one your live in or a book that includes a royal/monarch MC (at any level) or a page count that includes a 1 or 4.
The Alibi by Sandra BrownThe Alibi by Sandra Brown 07/04/17 **** 496

​7. --Read a book with the word 'ice' or 'cream' any where in the title, series, or author's name...example "Twice Tempted" or Anne Rice. You can also read a book with ice cream on the cover, a book by your favorite author or a book that would be 'special' to you.
Don't Tell (Romantic Suspense, #1; Chicago, #1) by Karen RoseDon't Tell by Karen Rose 07/16/17 **** FA

​8.--Read a book that includes MCs who are close friends or a book published in 2011.
Wildflower Hill by Kimberley FreemanWildflower Hill by Kimberly Freeman 07/01/17 ** 2011

9. --Read a book that includes a Pet, has an animal of any kind on the cover or that's considered paranormal or fantasy genre.
The Summer's End (Lowcountry Summer, #3) by Mary Alice MonroeThe Summer's End by Mary Alice Monroe 07/11/17 ***** Thor (dog)

The Coincidence of Coconut Cake by Amy E. ReichertThe Coincidence of Coconut Cake by Amy E. Reichert 07/05/17 ***

message 28: by Sarah (last edited Jul 31, 2017 09:32AM) (new)

Sarah (SarahPhalen) | 197 comments 2017 July Monthly Challenge
10/10 Read - COMPLETE!

✔︎​1. 'J' is for July​​: To Love a Cop by Janice Kay Johnson
July 14th, 2017 - 4 Stars

✔︎​​2. Happy Anniversary!​: Too Hot to Handle by Tessa Bailey (Ashley; Joined July 2016)
July 2nd, 2017 - 3 Stars

​​✔︎3. Featured Author Challenge​ ​- Jennifer Ashley: The Night Is Forever by Heather Graham
July 25th, 2017 - 3 Stars

✔︎​​4. July 4 - Independence Day: The Inn at Eagle Point by Sherryl Woods
July 11th, 2017 - 4 Stars

✔︎5. July 11 - World Population Day: Blackmailed Into a Fake Engagement by Leanne Banks
July 21st, 2017 - 3 Stars

✔︎6. July 14 - "Vive la France!", Bastille Day: One Evening in Paris by Nicolas Barreau
July 30th, 2017 - 3 Stars

✔︎​7. July 16 - National Ice Cream Day: Off the Ice by Julie Cross
July 9th, 2017 - 3 Stars

✔︎​8. July 30 - International Day of Friendship: My One and Only by Kristan Higgins

✔︎9. July 31 - Mutt's Day: A New Leash on Love by Debbie Burns
July 17th, 2017 - 3.5 Stars

✔︎​10. Reader's Choice: The Songbird Sisters by Rachael Herron
July 6th, 2017 - 4.5 Stars

To Love a Cop by Janice Kay JohnsonToo Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1) by Tessa BaileyThe Night Is Forever (Krewe of Hunters, #11) by Heather GrahamThe Inn at Eagle Point (Chesapeake Shores, #1) by Sherryl WoodsBlackmailed Into a Fake Engagement (The Hudsons of Beverly Hills #1) by Leanne BanksOne Evening in Paris by Nicolas BarreauOff the Ice (Juniper Falls, #1) by Julie CrossMy One and Only by Kristan HigginsA New Leash on Love (Rescue Me, #1) by Debbie BurnsThe Songbird Sisters (The Songbirds of Darling Bay, #3) by Rachael Herron

message 29: by Emerson (last edited Jul 31, 2017 12:20PM) (new)

Emerson Hawthorne | 155 comments 2017 July Monthly Challenge​​
8/8
★★★★★

Unbreak My Heart (Rough Riders Legacy #1) by Lorelei James by Lorelei James ★★★★ 7/11

Mystery Man (Dream Man, #1) by Kristen Ashley ★★ 7/31

Rock Chick Reawakening (Rock Chick, #0.5) by Kristen Ashley ★★★★★ 7/4

Come Away with Me (With Me in Seattle, #1) by Kristen Proby ★★ 7/6

Made for You (The Best Mistake, #2) by Lauren Layne ★★★ 7/14

Broken (Redemption, #1) by Lauren Layne ★★★★ 7/18

​8. International Day of Friendship: July 30 -- Paraguay first celebrated this day on an national level on July 30, 1958. Other countries with early celebrations include: several countries in South America, Bangladesh, India, and Malaysia. In 2011, the United Nations declared this an official international day.

Good Boy (WAGs, #1) by Sarina Bowen ★★★★ 7/24

Under the Mistletoe with Me (With Me in Seattle, #1.5) by Kristen Proby ★★★ 7/4

message 30: by Angie (new)

Angie | 652 comments July 2017 Monthly Challenge
1/7/17 – 31/7/17
0/10

1 - Cowboy Take Me Away - Lorelei James
2 - Hungry Like A Wolf - Christine Warren
3 - Pride Mates - Jennifer Ashley
4 - Double Play - Kelley Armstrong
5 - Rock The Heart - Michelle A Valentine
6 - Unchained - J Lynn
7 - Stroke of Midnight - Lara Adrian
8 - The Summer He Came Home - Juliana Stone
9 - Deadlock - Moira Rogers
10 - More Than Meets The Ink - Elle Aycart

message 31: by Katie (last edited Jul 10, 2017 07:15PM) (new)

Katie | 1948 comments RRRC: July Monthly Challenge
10/10 read

1. J is for July - Jana Aston - Trust - 7/5
2. Happy Anniversary - Ashes - 7/10
3. Featured Author Challenge - A Demon and His Witch - 7/5
4. Independence Day - Shade's Lady - 7/5
5. World Population Day - Skin in the Game - 7/7
6. Bastille Day - Little Brats: Taboo A-Z Volume 4 - 7/5
7. National Ice Cream Day - Grave Ransom - 7/10
8. International Day of Friendship - Phantom Kiss - 7/10
9. Mutt's Day - Dime Store Magic - 7/8
10. Reader's Choice - Little Brats: Taboo A-Z Volume 3 - 7/5

message 32: by Amanda A (last edited Jul 31, 2017 04:32AM) (new)

Amanda A (carolinabookworm) | 431 comments 2017 July Monthly Challenge​​
Completed: 10/10

​​1. 'J' is for July​​: Dangerous Minds by Janet Evanovich 7/5
​​2. Happy Anniversary!​ ​Cowboy After Dark by Vicki Lewis Thompson 7/15
​​3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC): Ready to Were by Robyn Peterman 7/6
4. Independence Day: Atlantis Redeemed by Alyssa Day 7/20
5. World Population Day: From Duke Till Dawn by Eva Leigh 7/16
6. "Vive la France!", Bastille Day: The Firework Exploded by Tara Sivec 7/5
​7. National Ice Cream Day: Buns by Alice Clayton 7/12
​8. International Day of Friendship: Adorkable by Cookie O'Gorman 7/4
9. Mutt's Day: Magic Shifts by Ilona Andrews 7/13
​10. Reader's Choice: Deception Island by Brynn Kelly 7/29

Dangerous Minds (Knight and Moon, #2) by Janet Evanovich Cowboy After Dark (Thunder Mountain Brotherhood, #6) by Vicki Lewis Thompson Ready to Were (Shift Happens, #1) by Robyn Peterman Atlantis Redeemed (Warriors of Poseidon, #5) by Alyssa Day From Duke Till Dawn (The London Underground, #1) by Eva Leigh The Firework Exploded (The Holidays, #3) by Tara Sivec Buns (Hudson Valley, #3) by Alice Clayton Adorkable by Cookie O'Gorman Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels, #8) by Ilona Andrews Deception Island by Brynn Kelly

message 33: by Arij (new)

Arij Hamiya | 1 comments I'm in plz

message 34: by fleurette (last edited Jul 31, 2017 10:25PM) (new)

fleurette | 247 comments I'm in, first time for this challenge! Yay!

2017 July Monthly Challenge

1. 'J' is for July​​: Read a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'J'. - Delusion in Death by J.D. Robb

​​2. Happy Anniversary!​ ​Read a book that was published in July of any year - Crying For The Moon by Sarah Madison​

​​3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author​ ​- ​Jennifer Ashley​: The Many Sins of Lord Cameron by Jennifer Ashley

4. Independence Day: a book with a cover that's at least 50% blue - Flight of Magpies by K.J. Charles

5. World Population Day: MC of significant wealth, a book with more than one person on the cover - A Case of Possession by K.J. Charles

6. "Vive la France!", Bastille Day: Read a page count that includes a 1 or 4 - Impact by Douglas Preston

​7. National Ice Cream Day: Read a book by your favorite author - Remember When by Nora Roberts

​8. International Day of Friendship: MCs who are close friends - Marked in Flesh by Anne Bishop

9. Mutt's Day:Read a book that includes a Pet - Love in the Afternoon by Lisa Kleypas

The Many Sins of Lord Cameron (MacKenzies & McBrides, #3) by Jennifer Ashley A Case of Possession (A Charm of Magpies, #2) by K.J. Charles Love in the Afternoon (The Hathaways, #5) by Lisa Kleypas Marked in Flesh (The Others, #4) by Anne Bishop Flight of Magpies (A Charm of Magpies, #3) by K.J. Charles Remember When (In Death, #17.5) by Nora Roberts Impact (Wyman Ford #3) by Douglas Preston Crying For The Moon by Sarah Madison Delusion in Death (In Death, #35) by J.D. Robb

message 35: by Christie (last edited Jul 30, 2017 01:49PM) (new)

Christie (Christie454) | 92 comments 2017 July Monthly Challenge

10/10 read​

✓ 1. 'J' is for July​​: a book whose author's first name starts with 'J'.
The Summer Seaside Kitchen - Jenny Colgan. 08.07.2017

​​✓ 2. Happy Anniversary! A book that was published in July.
Tribute - Nora Roberts. 13.07.2017

✓ ​​3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author​ ​- ​Jennifer Ashley​: a book under any of her pen names.
Rees - Allyson James. 18.07.2017

​✓ 4. Independence Day: July 4 -- a book with a MC that's 'independent'
Manhunt - Janet Evanovich. 18.07.2017

​​✓ 5. World Population Day: July 11 -- Read a book that involves a MC of significant wealth
Eversea - Natasha Boyd. 14.07.2017

✓ 6. "Vive la France!", Bastille Day: July 14 -- a book set in another Country other than the one your live in.
The Passions of Chelsea Kane - Barbara Delinsky. 24.07.2017

​✓ 7. National Ice Cream Day: July 16 -- a book by your favorite author.
Unfinished Business - Nora Roberts. 16.07.2017

✓ ​8. International Day of Friendship: July 30 -- A book published in 2011.
Persuade Me - Juliet Archer. 30.07.2017

✓ 9. Mutt's Day: July 31 -- A book that includes a Pet.
Ivy Lane: Complete story - Cathy Bramley. 10.07.2017

✓ ​10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice.​
Eligible - Curtis Sittenfeld. 07.07.2017

The Summer Seaside Kitchen by Jenny Colgan Tribute by Nora Roberts Rees (Tales of the Shareem, #1) by Allyson James Manhunt by Janet Evanovich Eversea (Butler Cove, #1) by Natasha Boyd The Passions of Chelsea Kane by Barbara Delinsky Unfinished Business by Nora Roberts Persuade Me (Darcy & Friends, #2) by Juliet Archer Ivy Lane Complete story by Cathy Bramley Eligible (The Austen Project, #4) by Curtis Sittenfeld

message 36: by Larissa (new)

Larissa | 305 comments July Monthly Challenge
0/10 read​

1. 'J' is for July:
2. Happy Anniversary!
3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author - Jennifer Ashley:
4. Independence Day: July 4
5. World Population Day: July 11
6. "Vive la France!", Bastille Day: July 14
7. National Ice Cream Day: July 16
8. International Day of Friendship: July 30
9. Mutt's Day: July 31
10. Reader's Choice:

message 37: by Lacy (new)

Lacy (Lacy_Stewart) | 1806 comments I'm in!

.•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*•. Christine .•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*• | 291 comments 2017 July Monthly Challenge​​

Completed 11/11

Since it is the 150th this year, I'm adding Canada Day to the July challenge.

Canada Day - July 1 - 150 years ago, On July 1, 1867 Canada became a new federation with its own constitution by signing the Constitution Act - formerly known as the British North America Act. Canada Day is a national statutory holiday celebrated in all provinces and territories -- Read a book by a Canadian author

Stolen (Women of the Otherworld, #2) by Kelley Armstrong by Kelley Armstrong - 11/07/2017

Love Me Again (Hope, #7) by Jaci Burton by Jaci Burton - 01/07/2017

​​2. Happy Anniversary!​ ​Read a book that was published in July of any year (2010)

Water Bound (Sea Haven/Sisters of the Heart, #1) by Christine Feehan by Christine Feehan - 01/07/2017

​​3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author​ ​- ​Jennifer Ashley​: Read one book written by Jennifer Ashley

Red Wolf (Shifters Unbound, #10) by Jennifer Ashley by Jennifer Ashley - 07/07/2017

4. Independence Day: July 4 - Read a book with a MC that's 'independent', a writer with a cover that's at least 50% red

Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong by Kelley Armstrong - 10/07/2017

5. World Population Day: July 11 - Read a book that touches on any human rights issue (human trafficking)

Earth Bound (Sea Haven/Sisters of the Heart, #4) by Christine Feehan by Christine Feehan - 03/07/2017

6. "Vive la France!", Bastille Day: July 14 - Read a book with a page count that includes a 1 or 4. (414 pgs)

Dime Store Magic (Women of the Otherworld, #3) by Kelley Armstrong by Kelley Armstrong - 12/07/2017

​7. National Ice Cream Day: July 16 - Read a book that would be 'special' to you.

Frostbitten (Women of the Otherworld, #10) by Kelley Armstrong by Kelley Armstrong - 19/07/2017

​8. International Day of Friendship: July 30 - Read a book published in 2011.

Spirit Bound (Sea Haven/Sisters of the Heart, #2) by Christine Feehan by Christine Feehan - 02/07/2017

9. Mutt's Day: July 31 - Read a book that's considered paranormal genre.

Industrial Magic (Women of the Otherworld, #4) by Kelley Armstrong by Kelley Armstrong - 15/07/2017

Haunted (Women of the Otherworld, #5) by Kelley Armstrong by Kelley Armstrong - 15/07/2017

message 39: by Danielle Gypsy Soul (last edited Jul 31, 2017 02:46PM) (new)

Danielle Gypsy Soul (AFDanielleT) | 332 comments 2017 July Monthly Challenge
Read 10/10

1. Read a book that starts with 'J' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'J'. Hexbreaker by Jordan L. Hawk 7/23 ★★★

​​2. Happy Anniversary!​ ​Read a book that was published in July of any year Texas Pride 7/22 ★★★★

​​3. read any paranormal or historical romance. Lions, Tigers, and Sexy Bears Oh My! 7/16 ★★

4. read a book with a cover that's at least 50% red, white OR blue Touch & Geaux 7/26 ★★★★★

5. read a book with more than one person on the cover. Manny Makes Three 7/24 ★★★

6. Read a book with a page count that includes a 1 or 4. Trust 400 Pages 7/27 ★★★

​7. Read a book by your favorite author or a book that would be 'special' to you. Spellbinder 7/18 ★★★★★

​8. Read a book that includes MCs who are close friends or a book published in 2011. Catch a Tiger by the Tail 7/3 ★★★★

9. Read a book that includes a Pet, has an animal of any kind on the cover or that's considered paranormal or fantasy genre. Marked in Flesh 7/20 ★★★★

​10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice.​ Pounding Skin 7/5 ★★★★

message 40: by Tammie (last edited Jul 19, 2017 06:55PM) (new)

Tammie | 977 comments2017 July Monthly Challenge​
Read: 10/10

​1. 'J' is for July​​: The Thing About Love, Julie James ★★★★ 7/16
​2. Happy Anniversary!​-pub 7/2016: Tigers in the Cage, Rachel Caine ★★★★ 7/18
​3. Featured Author Challenge-historical: An Echo in the Bone, Diana Gabaldon ★★★★★ 7/19
4. Independence Day-white cover: Hidden Riches, Nora Roberts ★★★★ 7/7
5. World Population Day: The Woman in Cabin 10, Ruth Ware ★★★★ 7/5
6. "Vive la France!", Bastille Day: England, Lord of Seduction, Paula Quinn ★★★★ 7/2
7. National Ice Cream Day: Fav, Final Lap, Erin McCarthy ★★★★ 7/13
8. International Day of Friendship: This Is Who I Am, Cherise Sinclair ★★★★ 7/3
9. Mutt's Day: The Chosen, J.R. Ward ★★★★ 7/9
10. Reader's Choice: Safe Haven, Nicholas Sparks ★★★★ 7/1
The Thing About Love by Julie James Tigers in the Cage (The Great Library #0.1) by Rachel Caine An Echo in the Bone (Outlander, #7) by Diana Gabaldon Hidden Riches by Nora Roberts The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware Lord of Seduction (The Risande Family, #3) by Paula Quinn Final Lap (Fast Track, #8) by Erin McCarthy This Is Who I Am (Masters of the Shadowlands, #7) by Cherise Sinclair The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15) by J.R. Ward Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks

message 41: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 50 comments 2017 July Monthly Challenge​​

0/4

​​2. Happy Anniversary!​ ​Read a book that was published in July of any year or read a book of an RRRC member that joined in July of any year.

​​3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author​ ​- ​Jennifer Ashley​: Read one book written by Jennifer Ashley or any author with her first or last name.

message 42: by Lily (last edited Aug 01, 2017 08:24AM) (new)

Lily (lilygcs) | 183 comments 10/10 ~ finished July 22nd

'J' is for July​​: Hainted by Jordan L. Hawk ~ 7/7/17 ~ 4★
Happy Anniversary!​ ​Head-on by John Inman ~ 7/21/17 ~ 3.5★
​​(FAC) historical romance: An Unnatural Vice by K.J. Charles ~ 7/10/17 ~ 4★
Independence Day: His Fairy Godfather by Cate Ashwood & Nico Jaye ~ 7/9/17 ~ 3.5★
World Population Day: Revelation by Sloane Kennedy ~ 7/16/17 ~ 4★
"Vive la France!": The Bruise-Black Sky by John Wiltshire ~ 7/22/17 ~ 4.5★
National Ice Cream Day: Desert Ice by Rose Maefair ~ 7/14/17 ~ 4★
International Day of Friendship: Fearless by R.G. Alexander ~ 7/15/17 ~ 4★
Mutt's Day: Love Means... No Limits by Andrew Grey ~ 7/13/17 ~ 3.5★
Reader's Choice: Dyeing to be Loved by Aimee Nicole Walker ~ 7/18/17 ~ 3.5★

message 43: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 4063 comments I'm in! =)

message 44: by iReadFluff (last edited Jul 11, 2017 04:37AM) (new)

iReadFluff (Lovelee8) | 101 comments I'm in and I'm going for 10!

3/10 Completed

0​​1. 'J' is for July​​: Read a book that starts with 'J' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'J'.
Birds of a Feather by Jacqueline Winspear or Murder on Parade by Jessica Fletcher

0​​2. Happy Anniversary!:​ ​Read a book that was published in July of any year or read a book of an RRRC member that joined in July of any year.
Ravished

​​03. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author​ ​~ ​Jennifer Ashley​:
You may also choose to read a book under any of her pen names, an author with the same first or last name of those pen names or any paranormal or historical romance.
Mine Till Midnight

04. Independence Day (July 4): Read a book with a MC that's 'independent', a writer or a political figure or a book with a cover that's at least 50% red, white OR blue...combination of 50% OK too...bonus pride points for all three!

05. World Population Day (July 11): Read a book that touches on any human rights issue, a book that involves a billionaire or a MC of significant wealth, or a book with more than one person on the cover.
Crazy Rich Asians 7/5/17****

My Lady Jane

0​7. National Ice Cream Day (July 16): Read a book with the word 'ice' or 'cream' any where in the title, series, or author's name. You can also read a book with ice cream on the cover, a book by your favorite author or a book that would be 'special' to you.
Cocoa Beach 7/9/17***

Never Love a Highlander

09. Mutt's Day (July 31): Read a book that includes a Pet, has an animal of any kind on the cover or that's considered paranormal or fantasy genre.
Death of a Bachelorette 7/11/17****

After the Kiss

Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan Cocoa Beach by Beatriz Williams Death of a Bachelorette by Laura Levine

message 45: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments It has been a long time since I've done a monthly challenge, but I'm going to try this coming July.

(List to follow)

message 46: by Emily (last edited Aug 03, 2017 06:11PM) (new)

Emily | 318 comments 2017 July Monthly Challenge​​

0/4

​​1. 'J' is for July​​: Blue Creek Bacherlor by Joanne Hill 7.7

​​2. Happy Anniversary!​ ​Ashes by Suzanne Wright 7.9

​​3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author​ ​- ​Jennifer Ashley​: Read one book written by Jennifer Ashley or any author with her first or last name. 

4. Independence Day: July 4 -- Die (t) Trying by Ph d Kenneth Schwartz 7.12

5. World Population Day: July 11 --Rich SOB Bijou Hunter 7.14

6. "Vive la France!", Bastille Day: July 14 --Royally Bad byNora Filete 7.13

​7. National Ice Cream Day: July 16 -Luca by Sarah Castille 7.18

​8. International Day of Friendship: July 30 -- Paraguay first celebrated this day on an national level on July 30, 1958. Other countries with early celebrations include: several countries in South America, Bangladesh, India, and Malaysia. In 2011, the United Nations declared this an official international day.

9. Mutt's Day: July 31 --Pokey by Esther E Schmidt 7.17

​10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice.​  Down to Buiness by JC Alexander 7.8

message 47: by Camille (last edited Jul 31, 2017 06:24PM) (new)

Camille | 143 comments July Monthly Challenge​​
Completed 9/10

​​1. 'J' is for July​​: Read a book that starts with 'J' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'J': Provocative by Lisa Renee Jones, 3 stars, finished 7/9/17

​​2. Happy Anniversary!​ ​Read a book that was published in July of any year or read a book of an RRRC member that joined in July of any year. Link to member list, beginning with July 2016​:​​ ​The Hurricane by R.J. Prescott, 5 stars, finished 7/11/17 (Published July 2015)

--You may also choose to read a book under any of her pen names, an author with the same first or last name of those pen names or any paranormal or historical romance. : The Beast in Him by Shelly Laurenston, 4 stars, finished 7/23/17

--Read a book with a MC that's 'independent', a writer or a political figure or a book with a cover that's at least 50% red, white OR blue...combination of 50% OK too...bonus pride points for all three: Luke by Sabrina Paige, 5 stars, finished 7/22/17

--Read a book that touches on any human rights issue, a book that involves a billionaire or a MC of significant wealth, or a book with more than one person on the cover.: Three to Ride by Sophie Oak, 5 stars, finished 7/2/17

--Read a book set in France or another Country other than the one your live in or a book that includes a royal/monarch MC (at any level) or a page count that includes a 1 or 4: Rocky Mountain Heat by Vivian Arend, 3 stars, finished 7/29/17
--Read a book with the word 'ice' or 'cream' any where in the title, series, or author's name...example "Twice Tempted" or Anne Rice. You can also read a book with ice cream on the cover, a book by your favorite author or a book that would be 'special' to you: Protecting His Own by Cherise Sinclair, 5 stars, finished 7/10/17

--Read a book that includes MCs who are close friends or a book published in 2011.: Cowgirl Up and Ride by Lorelei James, 4 stars, finished 7/31/17

​10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice.: Cage by Harper Sloan, 5 stars, finished 7/15/17

Three to Ride (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #1) by Sophie Oak Protecting His Own (Masters of the Shadowlands, #11) by Cherise Sinclair Provocative (White Lies Duet Book 1) by Lisa Renee Jones The Hurricane (The Hurricane, #1) by R.J. Prescott The Beast in Him (Pride, #2) by Shelly Laurenston Cage (Corps Security, #2) by Harper Sloan Luke (West Bend Saints, #3) by Sabrina Paige Rocky Mountain Heat (Six Pack Ranch, #1) by Vivian Arend Cowgirl Up and Ride (Rough Riders, #3) by Lorelei James

message 48: by Justme (last edited Jul 30, 2017 02:33AM) (new)

Justme | 106 comments 1. 'J' is for July​​: Read a book that starts with 'J' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'J'.

Divine Solace (Nature of Desire, #8) by Joey W. Hill Joey W. Hill 7/26 4.25*

​​2. Happy Anniversary!​ ​Read a book that was published in July of any year or read a book of an RRRC member that joined in July of any year. ​ ​

Servicing the Target (Masters of the Shadowlands, #10) by Cherise Sinclair 7/12 5*

​​3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author​ ​- ​Jennifer Ashley​: Read a book under any of her pen names (Jennifer Ashley, Allyson James, and Ashley Gardner), or an author with the same first or last name of any pen names or Read any paranormal or historical romance.

Thunderbird Falls (Walker Papers, #2) by C.E. Murphy 7/10 4*

4. Independence Day: July 4 -- Read a book with a MC that's 'independent', a writer or a political figure or a book with a cover that's at least 50% red, white OR blue...combination of 50% OK too...bonus pride points for all three!

Unbinding by Eileen Wilks 7/5 4.5*

5. World Population Day: July 11 -- Read a book that touches on any human rights issue, a book that involves a billionaire or a MC of significant wealth, or a book with more than one person on the cover.

Mischief and the Masters (Masters of the Shadowlands, #12) by Cherise Sinclair 7/17 4.25*

6. "Vive la France!", Bastille Day: July 14 -- Read a book set in France or another Country other than the one your live in or a book that includes a royal/monarch MC (at any level) or a page count that includes a 1 or 4.

Mind Magic (World of the Lupi, #12) by Eileen Wilks mmpb 404 pgs 7/8 5*

​7. National Ice Cream Day: July 16 -- Read a book with the word 'ice' or 'cream' any where in the title, series, or author's name...example "Twice Tempted" or Anne Rice. You can also read a book with ice cream on the cover, a book by a favorite author or a book that would be 'special' to you.

Protecting His Own (Masters of the Shadowlands, #11) by Cherise Sinclair 7/14 5*

​8. International Day of Friendship: July 30 -- Read a book that includes MCs who are close friends or a book published in 2011.

No Good Dragon Goes Unpunished (Heartstrikers, #3) by Rachel Aaron Julius & Marci 7/17 4*

9. Mutt's Day: July 31 -- Read a book that includes a Pet, has an animal of any kind on the cover or that's considered paranormal or fantasy genre.

Grizzly Love (Kodiak Point, #5) by Eve Langlais 7/6 4*

Destroyer by Shannon Mayer 7/29 3.5*

message 49: by Suzanne (last edited Jul 05, 2017 09:44AM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 1549 comments Romance Readers Reading Challenges
2017 July Monthly Challenge
Duration:
7/1/2017 - 7/31/2017

Progress: 3 out of 10

The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi - ***** - 7/1/2017 - 341 Pages - Independent MC

--Read a book set in France or another Country other than the one your live in or a book that includes a royal/monarch MC (at any level) or a page count that includes a 1 or 4:
Burial Rites by Hannah Kent - ***** - 7/5/2017 - 314 Pages - Set in Iceland

​10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice.:
Under the Dome by Stephen King - ***** - 7/4/2017 - 1074 Pages

You can choose to complete any number of categories, depending on your reading speed, book availability and/or time commitment.

When posting your challenge progress, please make sure to put the date/s when you finished your book/s.

Please repost when you are finished and I'll add you to the list of finishers!

Happy Reading Everyone!!

The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi Under the Dome by Stephen King Burial Rites by Hannah Kent

message 50: by Beth (last edited Jul 28, 2017 01:28PM) (new)

Beth | 39 comments 1. 'J' is for July​​: Read a book that starts with 'J' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'His Comfort and Joy (The Moorehouse Legacy, #2) 7/1

​​2. Happy Anniversary!​ ​ Vipers Rule (Skulls Creek, #2) by Stephanie Tyler 7/1

​​3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author​ ​- ​Jennifer Ashley​: Read one book written by Jennifer Ashley or any author with her first or last name. Link to Jennifer Ashley's backlist The Pirate Next Door (Regency Pirates, #1) by Jennifer Ashley7/10
--Read a book with a MC that's 'independent', a writer or a political figure or a book with a cover that's at least 50% red, white OR blue...combination of 50% OK too...bonus pride points for all three! The Knocked up Plan by Lauren Blakely

5. World Population Day: July 11 -- Maid for the Billionaire (Legacy Collection, #1) by Ruth Cardello 7/5

6. "Vive la France!", Bastille Day: July 14 -- Symbolizes the end of the constitutional monarchy, and the beginning of the democratic republic of France. To Frenchmen, Bastille Day is viewed as their liberation. Royally Screwed (Royally, #1) by Emma Chase 7/12

--Read a book with the word 'ice' or 'cream' any where in the title, series, or author's name...example "Twice Tempted" or Anne Rice. You can also read a book with ice cream on the cover, a book by your favorite author or a book that would be 'special' to you. Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1) by Alice Clayton By Alice Clayton

​8. International Day of Friendship: July 30 -- That Wedding (That Boy, #2) by Jillian Dodd 7/7

--Read a book that includes a Pet, has an animal of any kind on the cover or that's considered paranormal or fantasy genre. The Sword (Sons of Destiny, #1) by Jean Johnson

​10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice.​ The Red by Tiffany Reisz

« previous 1 3 4

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Calling (other topics)
Kept (other topics)
Blindfolded Innocence (other topics)
Rock Chick Revolution (other topics)
Black Ice (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jami Alden (other topics)