Human Trial Human Trial discussion

Human Trial is one of a kind

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Minnie (last edited Aug 03, 2009 09:39AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Minnie Human Trial is a Sci-Fi story about humanity gone terribly wrong during an international thermal disaster, living in a ravaged terrain and learning, once again, how to survive. The characters run the gambit of all nationalities and races. The controlling leader, Daron Turner, starts out as a vicious, tough leader that causes fear among the small group of survivors. Out of desperation to find a solution their many problems and live with Daron's rules, mayhem sets in and the group becomes unstable. The killings and anger is raw and not for the faint of heart. I had difficulty with the clinical descriptions of rebuilding their small community and feel it took away from the story too long. I would rather have had more flushing out of the characters that were an interesting gathering of humanity. The story reminds me of Octavia Butler’s Parable of the Sower. Timothy N. Stelly Sr. is working on a sequel titled Human Trial II: Adam’s War. It should be interesting.

Timothy Stelly Sr The book, while it has a scifi theme, is a look at three things: (1) Human dynamics and the problems they present: greed, envy, power struggles, etc. (2) What do humans value? Each character here has something they cling fiercely to, rather it is the need to survive, protect their loved ones or even their right to sexual expression. (3) Who is the bigger threat o man's survival--an alien armada or man himself?

I think HUMAN TRIAL answers these questions and expounds upoin them in the subsequent books--HUMAN TRIAL II: ADAM'S WAR and HUMAN TRIAL III: THE FINAL CONFLICT.