Beantown Bookworms discussion

shall we meet up?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:46AM) (new)

Amy Thaggard | 5 comments I think that'd be really great, though I must admit I tend to over-commit myself so we'll have to see how things are at that point. But I really love reading books and discussing them; it's one of my favorite past times really. I think it's the main thing that kept me thinking I'd be an English teacher for so long...built in book chats.

I also like your meeting place suggestions. As for the book, I've already read it but I do love it so I'd probably come to a chat.

How would we choose which books to read/discuss?

message 2: by Jessica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:46AM) (new)

Jessica Haider (jessicahaider) | 8 comments I would be willing to meet up. I like the suggestion for locations since they are close to the T.

I have already read All Souls and really enjoyed it. It is a great discussion book.

message 3: by Lane (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:47AM) (new)

Lane | 2 comments I'd be up for some book discussion.

message 4: by Jessica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:56AM) (new)

Jessica Haider (jessicahaider) | 8 comments Cat, I think it would be good for the first meetup if people just talked about what they are currently reading and then maybe we can pick a book to read as a group.

I will be in NH Friday Sept. 14 thru Sunday the 16th. So for me Thursday the 13th or Monday the 17th work best.

message 5: by Amy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:57AM) (new)

Amy Thaggard | 5 comments I think I could meet up on the 17th (I need to check one thing) but the 14th wouldn't work for me...Others? Who knows what I'll be reading then, but it'd be fun to talk about whatever.

message 6: by Penny (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:01PM) (new)

Penny hi! I just found you guys and I would love to meet up and be part of a book-group type thing. I would be available the 17th. I live in Watertown, so Harvard, Davis etc would be fine with me. I am currently reading The Corrections.

message 7: by Audrey (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Audrey | 3 comments If I know in advance and it's during the weekend and by the T I'm up for a meet for sure. I run a book club at a college--currently we are on hiatus until the semester kicks in. I think I'll be starting WATER FOR ELEPHANTS soon--right now reading a political book, FIASCO. I'm a librarian, so talking about a group of books and ideas would be fabulous--as well as meeting fellow readers!

message 8: by Lundy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:11PM) (new)

Lundy | 2 comments That sounds great. Thursday or Monday would work best for me. I'm in Waltham, so I'm pretty flexible on a meeting place too.

message 9: by Amy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:18PM) (new)

Amy Thaggard | 5 comments Sounds good to me. I live near Davis so that's actual ideal! see you then.

message 10: by Katy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:19PM) (new)

Katy Sounds fun and right near home and work, which is always lovely. Unfortunately, I'm actually getting some cavities filled that afternoon, so whether or not I show will depend on my ability to talk by 7:30 :oP

message 11: by Jessica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:33PM) (new)

Jessica Haider (jessicahaider) | 8 comments I am going to try my best to be there. I am wearing jeans and a pink shirt.

message 12: by Rebekah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:40PM) (new)

Rebekah Did you all meet up?
I am way behind and just reading this post now. I'd be interested in doing another book group/gathering centered around coffee or beer.

message 13: by Amy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:42PM) (new)

Amy Thaggard | 5 comments Hey, I wanted to say I'm sorry I missed our book talk. I was sick. Did you get together? How was it? Did you plan to get together again?

message 14: by Alissa (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:36PM) (new)

Alissa I wasn't in on things when the last meeting happened, but I think it sounds like a fantastic idea. Outside of Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Year's, I'm pretty free. And I love the Boston theme idea.