Fear Fantastique discussion

Music > Music News

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy | 339 comments Mod
Thought this might come in handy...

Charlotte Gainsbourg has a new album coming out in Nov, which Beck is producing! Sounds cool to me...

message 2: by Phillip (new)

Phillip I didn't know she was "musical", other than having a musical father. I like her in movies.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 339 comments Mod
This will actually be her 2nd or 3rd album - I know she released one a couple of years ago, with some tinkering by Air, and she may have done one a while back -

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 339 comments Mod
The Flaming Lips just came out with a new album! Anyone gotten it yet?

And Massive Attack will have a new album out in Nov - they already have an EP out. This is one I'm definitely getting!

message 5: by Phillip (new)

Phillip i heard two tracks off that massive attack album. it sounds great.

the flaming lips were just here but i was out of town....f^#%**s%^*!!!!!

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy | 339 comments Mod
Well, they've got a new album to promote, Phillip, so I'm sure they'll be back -

I actually have a minor concert story about the Flaming Lips. I got tickets to see Beck at the Paramount in Oakland (and I think I've said already on the Concert Memories page how beautiful the Paramount is - gorgeous Art Deco, I never took a tour of it but wish I had, etc.).

Anyway, I always had to practically twist someone's arm to go with me. In this case it was a chick whose name I forget (!), and she was a drinker (I like my alcohol, but when it comes to music, I put music first). I didn't know anything about the band opening for Beck, and since you can't drink in the actual viewing area of the Paramount and she REEEally wanted one, we ended up missing most of the opening act.

Well, it was the Flaming Lips. We caught the last 3 or so songs, and there were all these constumed weirdos on stage - it was immediately apparent that not only was this band awesome, but they put on an incredible visual show. I mentally cursed my friend for loving her drink, but at least I got to hear "Do You Realize" live...