Book Haven discussion

Paranormal Romance > What PNR are you currently reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 117 (117 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Unapologetic_Bookaholic I love being able to sub-head the currently reading thread. LOL. Its massive! If you miss a few days, wow!

I am currently reading Edge Of Hunger by Rhyannon Byrd. Another great PNR series (to start). I was getting a little bored with Magic Bites but doesn't mean I won't pick it up again later on.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Yikes! To much time has pasted since I last checked this out. I finished Edge of Hunger and I am looking forward to Book #2, Saige's story. Rhyannon's writes such crave worthy Alpha males.

I am in the middle of Beyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie Moning. Since I have never read a KMM book and I truly only have 1 other author/highlander series to compare. I'd say I like her style a lot. The speech is a little different.
Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostI am re-reading with my BOM group. I suggested Destined for an Early Grave but they wanted to start with Book #1. Which is great b/c I LOVE this series =D.

message 3: by Jo (new)

Jo I just finished Dead until Dark. Does that count?

message 4: by Elvia (new)

Elvia (elvb) Bad Moon Rising LOVE IT...almost done!

message 6: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Stroube | 2393 comments Mod
I just started "Dark Lover" by J.R. Ward. I'm only on p44, but it's interesting so far. I'll let you know if the hype surrounding this series is accurate! :)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Jo wrote: "I just finished Dead until Dark. Does that count?"

Who is that by? Did you like it? Sometimes PNR and UF cross lines.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Oh Joy...Joy, Joy...hehe. I was a skeptic to. I put DL on my unfinished shelf then at the urging of several friends/fanatics I read it and then proceeded to hunt down the rest of the series. It is the unique storyline combined with the HOTdamness of the Brothers that I like. They aren't just OK or average PNR. At least that's just mho.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic I also started Fireflies by Ally Blue about fairies.

message 10: by Wendy (new)

Wendy  (wendyhill) I'm reading Vampire's Seduction by Raven Hart. It's moving kind of slow. I'm going to try and stick with it.

message 11: by J.D. (new)

Kenjii wrote: "Oh Joy...Joy, Joy...hehe. I was a skeptic to. I put DL on my unfinished shelf then at the urging of several friends/fanatics I read it and then proceeded to hunt down the rest of the series. It is ..."

I'm enjoying it so far! I am very excited to read Rhage story...and Z's too! :) Not as excited about Butch and Marissa...they bother me already...

message 12: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (BJRose) | 360 comments I'm just starting Lover Revealed - I'm not hearing encouraging words about this one - guess I'll see...

message 13: by Jo (new)

Jo Kenjii wrote: "Jo wrote: "I just finished Dead until Dark. Does that count?"

Who is that by? Did you like it? Sometimes PNR and UF cross lines. "

Its by Charlaine Harris. The first Sookie Stackhouse book. It was pretty good!

Unapologetic_Bookaholic I'm enjoying it so far! I am very excited to read Rhage story...and Z's too! :) Not as excited about Butch and Marissa...they bother me already...

I don't mind Butch, the Lessers, The Scribe the 'extra'. I like how it builds the story. But I will see how I feel when I get to their book.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Jo wrote: "Kenjii wrote: "Jo wrote: "I just finished Dead until Dark. Does that count?"

Who is that by? Did you like it? Sometimes PNR and UF cross lines. "

Its by Charlaine Harris. The first Sookie Sta..."

OIC. I'd say if its paranormal we can chat about it here =D

I spend the day reading Beyond the Highland Mist. I love how KMM has crafted the Highlander. The only real supernatural element has been the time travel. She's made a real effort to keep her characters present in the 1500 century. If that makes sense. Her way of speaking is great too.

message 16: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (BJRose) | 360 comments Finished Lover Revealed and liked it. Am now reading Dark Hunger, so looks like I'm actually going to finish the August Paranormal Challenge!

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Dark Hunger connects to A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole. Is that what u are reading BJ Rose?

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Meredith Gentry is a series I must check out. Seems popular =D.

message 20: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (BJRose) | 360 comments Kenjii wrote: "Dark Hunger connects to A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole. Is that what u are reading BJ Rose?"

I took the lazy way and did my own [ :] instead of clicking on add book/author.

I'm really reading - actually just finished an hour ago) Dark Hunger by Sara Reinke, and man, this series is dark. AND it's one of those series where it's really one story put into 3 separate books, with no resolution so far. She's a good author and has an interesting storyline which began with a young mute man who escaped from the Brethren commune because he didn't want to participate in the bloodlust ceremony (a feeding frenzy for vampires) that marked adulthood. Sounded like a great premise, but I'm kinda ticked off right now at being 'forced' to read the next one or abandon the whole thing. Ack! Who am I kidding?! I'll most likely read Dark Passion but I need a while to get over my mad at the ending of this one - or the lack of one! The first one is Dark Thirst and I liked it a lot.

Nothing like a long answer to a short question!

Unapologetic_Bookaholic BJ Rose: I have read Dark Thirst. I did like the concept Sara Reinke had going. But like you I debated going to the next book. B/c I have so many series going I am ranking them TO DIE FOR, love, like and finish when I can =D.

message 22: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (BJRose) | 360 comments Kenjii: Understand that completely. I bought the first two at the same time on sale, thinking that was the series - oh, well!

message 23: by new_user (new)

new_user Hm, didn't realize that was a dark series. Maybe I'll give it a go, although like you, I would be irritated to find no resolution. :(

message 24: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (BJRose) | 360 comments new_user wrote: "Hm, didn't realize that was a dark series. Maybe I'll give it a go, although like you, I would be irritated to find no resolution. :("

The 3rd one is out now, so if you like the first one, get the next 2 before you start book 2. If I'd known ahead of time, that's what I would have done. But I've had a day to 'come down' from my mad, so I'll be getting the 3rd one when I've earned it.

message 25: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic (last edited Sep 01, 2009 05:09PM) (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Finished [re:] reading HTTG. Cat and Bones rock. Still reading/enjoying BTHM (highlanders *sigh*). I like when authors make them more manly than barbaric. What's more authentic? Were Highlanders barbaric? Taking an unwilling woman and plying her with his crafty fingers and tongue. LOL, geez. I started Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh today. Great book!

message 26: by new_user (new)

new_user Thanks for the heads-up, Rose. :) Will do. Glad you're enjoying Angel's Blood, Kenjii! Those angels are amazing. I want angel dust. *_*

Unapologetic_Bookaholic LOL NU. Your a joy =D.

message 29: by new_user (new)

new_user Hehe, Kenjii. How's AB coming along?

message 31: by Heather (new)

Heather Brewster | 21 comments I'm actually reading three books right now,just passing wait for the fav new releases to come out.But as for P-Romances go reading passion unleashed Larissa Ione

Unapologetic_Bookaholic new_user wrote: "Hehe, Kenjii. How's AB coming along?"

OM freaking G! I really like how Nalini Singh sets up her characters and world creation. She has the baddest angels I have ever read about! It is like: chocolate, shifters, vampires, and a good glass of wine. Tasty, hot, sinful and buzz-worthy =D. It IS good as everyone is saying. I love it!

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Oh I loved Passion Unleashed too =D hehe. I love a good unique story and well developed characters and hot hot lovin'.

message 34: by new_user (last edited Sep 13, 2009 11:27AM) (new)

new_user Kenjii wrote: "new_user wrote: "Hehe, Kenjii. How's AB coming along?"

OM freaking G! I really like how Nalini Singh sets up her characters and world creation. She has the baddest angels I have ever read about! I..."

They defintely are not angelic, LOL. ;) Have you read Joey Hill before? Singh's angels remind me of hers. Love those too.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic NU, no, I haven't read Joey Hill but I am finding out that a bad angel is a good thing =D.

As much as I like shifters I am glad to see paranormal authors using less formal supernatural creatures in romance.

message 36: by new_user (new)

new_user Yeah, I like to see that creativity. I'd like to see other kinds of supernatural creatures too. They have so much potential.

message 37: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (BJRose) | 360 comments I'm 5 chapters into 'Dark Possession' by C. Feehan. I have mixed feelings about the De La Cruz brothers - I loved Riordan's story but didn't care much for Rafael's, so I back-burnered DP for quite a while. So far Riordan is being really obnoxious to Mary Ann, and Manolito seems to be drifting in and out of hallucinations - or is it reality?

message 38: by Anne (new)

Anne I'm reading Dark Lover right now. This is my first BDB book and I'm really liking it!

Unapologetic_Bookaholic I LOVED Dark Lover.

message 40: by new_user (new)

new_user Good, good. You're reading all the important works, LOL.

message 41: by Anne (new)

Anne Glad you approve!

message 42: by J.D. (new)

Anne wrote: "I'm reading Dark Lover right now. This is my first BDB book and I'm really liking it!"

The 2nd and 3rd books are REALLY good in the BDB series. :)

message 43: by Anne (new)

Anne That's what I've heard, Joy. I really liked the first one, so as soon as I clear a few books off of my plate I'm going to try to read the rest!

message 44: by J.D. (new)

Anne wrote: "That's what I've heard, Joy. I really liked the first one, so as soon as I clear a few books off of my plate I'm going to try to read the rest! "

I'm reading the 4th one right now, but I am having trouble getting into it. IDK...I just don't find Butch and Marissa to be interesting, but I heart that they are great characters once the book gets started. (sigh)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I love all the Black Dagger Brotherhood books as well as the WARDen's newest book, Covet.

message 46: by Anne (new)

Anne Just added Covet to my long list of to-read books! I started Dream Hunter today. We'll see how that one goes. I've never read anything by Kenyon before.

message 48: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (BJRose) | 360 comments I'm reading Lover Enshrined and having a really hard time staying with it. Maybe it's because I was so ticked off at the Lover Unbound ending, and then having this one begin with the Omega having a son (doesn't take two guesses to know who that is!)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Lover Enshrined was the most difficult of the series for me to read. There are so many things about the storyline/romance that I was just not ok with. Never will be. Although, after reading many differing opinions about Phury, I have come to like him better and even have a great deal of respect for him.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I'm reading Edge of Danger , book 8 of the T-FLAC series and part of the paranormal branch of T-FLAC.

« previous 1 3