Short Story Contests discussion

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

These stories are under or around 100 words. Today's topic is genie. BUT you can't use the letter 'm' in any of your words.

message 2: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 311 comments Wha???

message 3: by Esther (new)

Esther (essie7198) why cant you use M?

message 4: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 311 comments me no know..

message 5: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 83 comments Uhhh...okay? That could be fun to try, but I don't know a lot about genies. Haha!

message 6: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 311 comments lol

message 7: by Esther (new)

Esther (essie7198) wow nice, i would do it, but i probably can't write a story without saying my

message 8: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune Wow, that was good paige! And good idea Joelle, very challenging...

message 9: by Jayda (last edited Aug 03, 2009 03:33PM) (new)

Jayda As a genie, I had never really thought about who would pick up the bottle I resided in. I sat all alone inside, wondering if there was anyway to get out unaided. But how would I go about it? I would go to the top of the bottle, press the hands I owned to the top, and push that lid up, up, and away with the powers I possessed, until it fell to the floor. Then I would be free. But I never did it. It was always just a thought.

Geez, that was hard!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

The genie I realeased lived in a Coke bottle. She was very kind. She granted all the wishes I desired. Then she left the friendship I had provided to live with a sleazy subway worker. It turned out he didn't wish for a lot. He wished for cash and such things. I had wished to be wise, for an unrivaled talent, and life expierence beyond the years I'd lived. And a little cash, but here, I have little.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Its harder when you choose a vowel. Or if its the other way around and you HAVE to use the letter. They're called lipograms btw.

message 12: by Liz (last edited Aug 03, 2009 03:53PM) (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 67 comments One day, while I was taking my daily walk, I happened upon a cute lamp for sale. I couldn’t resist. As I shelled out the money I thought I saw the lamp move, but I shrugged it off, how can lamps move? I picked up the lamp and started to brush it off when low and behold a Genie popped out! I always dreamed of a genie granting my wishes. After thinking I decided to wish for more wishes. I wished for expensive cars, and mansions. I started thinking shouldn't I use this wish thing to help our world and not make myself a rich snob? And that is what I did.

:) this is the first time i ever shared my writing of any kind on goodreads

message 13: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune Goos stories everyone!

Very good liz, welcome to the group! thanks for joining!

message 14: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 67 comments i joined a long time ago, but never posted anything :)

message 15: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 67 comments i used m's alot :(

message 16: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 67 comments i didn't see that till now

message 17: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune oh, i c, well its awesome to see your work!

Don't worry bout it, it wasn't like a rule set in stone. Just a challenge you can follow if you want to...

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah, it was more of a guideline. like speed limits.

message 19: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 67 comments k.

message 20: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune hahahhahahaha speed limits. i like that...

message 21: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Joelle wrote: "yeah, it was more of a guideline. like speed limits."

xD I liked that.

message 22: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 67 comments twas a good simile

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

thanks...

message 24: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 67 comments jayda yours was awesome and paige too and joelle

message 25: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Aw, thanks ^^

message 26: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 83 comments I don't believe in wishes any longer. I sense that it all just crud faked by the world to trick us into throwing our pennies into wells, and buying fake bottles hoping a genie would pop out, just waiting to be our slave. The world does not work this way, sadly, I have kin that does not agree. So, I live in a house where everyone wishes and has faith in those invisible genies.

(Okay, that was bad. Really bad.)

message 27: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 67 comments aw your welcome

message 28: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 83 comments :)

message 29: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 67 comments i loved it

message 30: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 83 comments They are all good. :)

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

everyones' stories were really good.

message 32: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 67 comments they were

message 33: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 83 comments Yes, I like these, I haven't been writing as much as I should since I'm not in school....where it is boring, and writing helps me pass the time.

message 34: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 83 comments Haha! I come on everyday anyway! Just later, and not as much, I might actually have to go to bed. I start Thursday!

I think I'm going to try the contest this week. It makes me nervous...haha.

message 35: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) I'll have the macbooks, I'll be on even more than I am now. XDDDDDDDDDD

message 36: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 83 comments :) Good for you.

message 37: by Arthur, Live a little Give a lot (new)

Arthur | 554 comments Mod
‘Genie’ by golly that was what dad called Robert’s sister when she was born. We are distant cousins visiting the large estate. Rich and big was what Dad called it. It had a gold pond for fish in the front yard. It had stairwells to the water closets. There was a line of garages. When Genie arrived we hugged her and kissed her until she burped or whatever newborns did when they were rich.

message 38: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 67 comments lol i like it

my aunts name is jeanne :)