Coffee Break - YA/NA/MG discussion

Book Tags > Netflix Book Tag

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carrie B., Head Barista (new)

Carrie B. (carriebostic) | 4920 comments Mod

1. Recently Watched: The last book you finished reading.
2. Top Picks: A book/books that have been recommended to you based on book you have previously read.
3. Recently Added: The last book you bought
4. Popular on Netflix: Books that everyone knows about.
--- 2 you’ve readAND 2 you haven't read or have no interest in reading
5. Comedies: A funny book
6. Dramas: A character who is a drama queen/king.
7. Animated: A book with cartoons on the cover
8. Watch it again: A book/book series that you want to re-read
9. Documentaries: A non-fiction book you’d recommend to everyone
10. Action and Adventure: An action packed book
11. New Releases: A book that just came out or will be coming out soon that you can’t wait to read.
12. Max: Tag some people We tag everyone in this group! :)

Original Netflix Tag by A Darker Shade Of Whitney

message 2: by arielle (last edited Jun 12, 2017 10:55AM) (new)

arielle (LivingPagebyPage) | 38 comments 1. Recently Watched: The last book you finished reading.
This Side of Salvation by Jeri Smith-Ready

2. Top Picks: A book/books that have been recommended to you based on book you have previously read.
The Help by Kathryn Stockett and Everything Is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer

It's a coloring book lol Mythomorphia An Extreme Coloring and Search Challenge by Kerby Rosanes

Two I've read
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
No interest in reading
Once and for All by Sarah Dessen
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell

The Disaster Artist My Life Inside The Room, the Greatest Bad Movie Ever Made by Greg Sestero

The Elite (The Selection, #2) by Kiera Cass I hated America in this book!

They're barbies...does that count? lmao! Pretty Little Liars Box Set (Pretty Little Liars, #1-4) by Sara Shepard

8. Watch it again: A book/book series that you want to re-read Harry Potter Collection (Harry Potter, #1-6) by J.K. Rowling

Most of the non fiction books I read are about murders, crimes, and killers so I wont recommend that to EVERYONE but I am liking this book so far... Awkward The Science of Why We're Socially Awkward and Why That's Awesome by Ty Tashiro

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas

11. New Releases: A book that just came out or will be coming out soon that you can’t wait to read.
Bad Romance by Heather Demetrios

message 3: by Carrie B., Head Barista (last edited Jun 12, 2017 01:03PM) (new)

Carrie B. (carriebostic) | 4920 comments Mod

Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas is a book that is recommended to me all the time because I like YA books about assassins and other kick-ass heroines.

Miss Mabel's School for Girls (The Network Series, #1) by Katie Cross Miss Mabel's School for Girls Katie Cross is a $0.99 book I purchased from the kindle store that sounded interesting and I'm sure will be left on my kindle untouched for 2-3 years. -_- LOL

--- 2 you’ve read AND 2 you haven't read or have no interest in reading

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins & Twilight by Stephenie Meyer are two books that everyone knows about that I have read. As much as people give Twilight grief, I loved it and still do.
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell & The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan are two books that everyone knows but I haven't read. I do plan to read them, eventually. Percy Jackson, I know! How have I not read it yet?!

I don't read many comedies. I'm not sure why, because I thoroughly enjoy comedies! I guess I haven't been recommended any that sound interesting. I really can't say that I've ever actually read a book that has a main genre of comedy, actually. *gasp* This is even news to me! LOL Anyway, I'll have to say
Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi is so cute and funny. I caught myself giggling out loud many time during the audiobook.

A Girl Named Calamity (Alyria #1) by Danielle Lori A Girl Named Calamity by Danielle Lori is a book about a girl who goes on a journey with an assassin and boy is she EVER a drama queen. I just wanted to yell, "SHUT UP!" sometimes. LoL

Coraline by Neil Gaiman Coraline by Neil Gaiman is a cute book and even better animated movie.

The Madman’s Daughter (The Madman’s Daughter, #1) by Megan Shepherd A Cold Legacy (The Madman's Daughter, #3) by Megan Shepherd Her Dark Curiosity (The Madman's Daughter, #2) by Megan Shepherd The Madman’s Daughter series by Megan Shepherd is one of the few series that I plan to reread someday. I loved it so much!

A Child Called "It" (Dave Pelzer #1) by Dave Pelzer A Child Called "It" by Dave Pelzer is a must-read. Trigger warning: this is a STRONG book about child abuse.

The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien (and all of The Lord of the Rings series) is one of my favorite action/adventure books!

The Elysian Prophecy by Vivien Reis The Elysian Prophecy by Vivien Reis, one of my favorite YouTubers, is a very anticipated book that will be coming out sometime this spring, or at least that's what the website says. It's driving me mad. LOL! ♥ Vivien and her channel.

message 4: by AshB (last edited Jun 12, 2017 02:59PM) (new)

AshB | 768 comments .
Breathe (Breathe, #1) by Sarah Crossan
Breathe by Sarah Crossan
I found this on one of those Pinterest "people who loved (insert book) will love these 19 books" pins. It's actually pretty good. Way to be Pinterest.

Feed (Newsflesh Trilogy, #1) by Mira Grant
Feed by Mira Grant
This book was recommended to me because I love Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry. I haven't had a chance to dedicate the time it deserves to it, but the first few chapters were awesome!

3. Recently Added: The last book you bought.
Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices, #2) by Cassandra Clare Legion (Talon, #4) by Julie Kagawa Something Wicked This Way Comes (Green Town, #2) by Ray Bradbury The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde 1984 by George Orwell Hungry by H.A. Swain Tithe (Modern Faerie Tales, #1) by Holly Black Valiant A Modern Faerie Tale (Modern Faerie Tales, #2) by Holly Black Ironside (Modern Faerie Tales, #3) by Holly Black Breathe (Breathe, #1) by Sarah Crossan Resist (Breathe, #2) by Sarah Crossan
Yea...so um...my book buying gets mildly intense sometimes...

4. Popular on Netflix: Books that everyone knows about. --- 2 you’ve read AND 2 you haven't read or have no interest in reading
read: Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices, #1) by Cassandra Clare A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3) by Sarah J. Maas
Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare and A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
The popularity of ACOWAR is mind blowing.
not read: The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas is the only thing I can think of off the top of my head at the moment. I don't really have a lot of interest in reading it either.

I can think of a ton of books that I think are hilarious. But not a single one of them is an actual comedy.

RoseBlood by A.G. Howard
RoseBlood by A.G. Howard takes the cake at the moment for lead drama queen of teenage angst Rune. I'm only a handful of chapters in and she is killing me.

The Hammer of Thor (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #2) by Rick Riordan
The Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordan
I'm not sure that these count as cartoons but this happens to be the closest thing I'm staring at on my TBR bookshelf so I'm going with it. I love all things Rick Riordan!

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2) by Susan Ee End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3) by Susan Ee
I just reread Penryn and The End of Days Series by Susan Ee and I would do it again and again. I could never get enough of Penryn and Raffe's sarcastic banter.

I sadly have none.

Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu
Legend by Marie Lu
This book is incredibly intense, and full of action.

Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices, #2) by Cassandra Clare
Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare
I can never get enough of the Shadowhunter multiverse. I can't wait to read more about the L.A. Institute!

message 5: by Abbigail (last edited Jun 13, 2017 07:52PM) (new)

Abbigail  (Abbigail) | 407 comments 1. Recently Watched: The last book you finished reading. Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella
Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella

Two Summers by Aimee Friedman
Two Summers by Aimee Friedman

Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) by Stephanie Perkins
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Read: Uglies The Selection
Haven't Read: Divergent Throne of Glass

I haven't read a book that I have laughed while reading so I don't know what to put here.

Again, I just don't know what to put. May answer this one later on when I have an answer.

Athena the Brain (Goddess Girls, #1) by Joan Holub
Athena the Brain by Joan Holub

8. Watch it again: A book/book series that you want to re-readThe Hunger Games Catching Fire Mockingjay
By Suzanne Collins

I don't have an answer for this one.

Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu
Legend by Marie Lu

Kale, My Ex, and Other Things to Toss in a Blender by Lisa Greenwald
Kale, My Ex, and Other Things to Toss in a Blender by Lisa Greenwald

message 6: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Fenner (TaylorFenner) | 48 comments 1. Recently Watched: The last book you finished reading. Beautiful Creatures The Manga by Kami Garcia

The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1) by Renee Ahdieh We Were Liars by E. Lockhart The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan

Hopeless (Hopeless, #1) by Colleen Hoover

Read: A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth
Haven't Read / Have No Interest In Reading: The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli

Queen of Babble (Queen of Babble, #1) by Meg Cabot

Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1) by Tricia Levenseller (Probably not a drama queen, but Alosa is kind of obnoxious)

Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia

Nevermore (Nevermore, #1) by Kelly Creagh

I don't read non-fiction

Rebel of the Sands (Rebel of the Sands, #1) by Alwyn Hamilton

Obsidian and Stars (Ivory and Bone, #2) by Julie Eshbaugh