Clean Reads for Mormon Teenagers discussion

Spiritual Events & Discussion > Spiritual Book of Mormon Topic

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 05, 2009 06:38AM) (new)

Lets use this topic to talk of the spiritual things that have happened in our lives with The Book of Mormon.

Elizabeth (Liz) (gonebananaz) | 101 comments I know I've had numerous questions in my life and hardships and when I read there may not be the big answer, but it helps me understand. I am comforted to know someone else has gone through what I am going through.

message 3: by Maddy (new)

Maddy Harward Well I had a really good experience with the scriptures a few months ago. I was really nervous about something that was gonna happen the next day, and i was really uncomfortable. So I decided, since I was so stressed out, that I would look up 'comfort' in the topical guide. I found a really good scripture, and when I read it, I felt like I had just been warmed up all the way through my body. My heart was pounding, and I felt comforted. It felt great. And I ended up having a good day the next day.

~Maddy

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

What was it?

message 5: by Maddy (new)

Maddy Harward I cant remember...It was just a good experience, you know, so i dont really remember that part, i just remember the coolest part. Hahaha
~Maddy

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I know That happens to me constantly. I found this on scripture and it became my favorite one and I can't find it!

message 7: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Jayda | 2300 comments Mod
I hate it when that happens! Luckily, I found the one that brought me back to the church xD It was in Job, I think... It was awesome :) I love the story of Job. I especially love the story when Joseph Smith is in the jail and God says "You are not yet as Job."

That's very touching. So now when things suck for me I try to remember that I'm not yet as Job xD

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I like that Jayda!

message 9: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Davis, this topic is meant specifically for spiritual things. I'm deleting your post.

message 10: by Savannah (new)

Savannah (namesavannah-catcherinsoftball) | 236 comments I have heard the saying "If you want to talk to the lord, pray. If you want the Lord to talk to you, read the scriptures."
~Often times I'll just "freestyle" read in the B.O.M. and i'll just find a comforting verse. Or something that will just click in my head. I Believe that the Lord has ways of making that work, and having us make that connection at that moment.

message 11: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

I've never heard that before, Savannah. What a good quote!

Yes, I find that that happens to me often. I study the scriptures and read things and they don't comprehend in the same way that they do at other times. You can read the same verse a thousand times and then be in a struggle and read that verse and suddenly it has a very different meaning. That, in my opinion, is the Spirit guiding your mind, I think ^^

message 12: by Elizabeth (Liz) (new)

Elizabeth (Liz) (gonebananaz) | 101 comments Jayda wrote: "I hate it when that happens! Luckily, I found the one that brought me back to the church xD It was in Job, I think... It was awesome :) I love the story of Job. I especially love the story when Jos..."

I love those scriptures :) The story of Job is also very special to me.
One of my teachers at EFY said that if you go into reading the scriptures with a prayer in your heart truly looking for an answer, you can find it in almost any verse because the spirit will tell you the answer. He was a great teacher.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I wanna go to EFY!!!!!!!!!!!

message 14: by Halley (new)

Halley (jacketgirl) | 103 comments My dad wants me to do it next year.

message 15: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

I'm probably going with all of my friends next year ^^

That's a very good lesson, Liz!

message 16: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 774 comments EFY is AMAZING it ranks right up there with girls camp!! It is expensive but way worth the money, since you cant really buy spiritual growth!I love it. Its sooo fun too, especially if you go with friends.

I had an EFY teacher that said something similar too!

message 17: by Elizabeth (Liz) (new)

Elizabeth (Liz) (gonebananaz) | 101 comments Yeah, EFY IS amazing. You will never regret going. The youth are so strong and the spirit is always there waiting for you to let it in. You don't even have to try for it. Where are you thinking about going to Jayda? Gainsville?

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I finish The Book of Mormon today! I am in Moroni 9! I will also be done with Personal Progress! My goal is to finish it before I am 16. Well I don't turn 16 until August 4!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow, Meghan!
Good job for finishing!
I just finished it as well, a couple of days ago! Now I have to finish writing my testimony in my Journal, and then I'm done the Virtue value project! (I have to have my personal progress done my November 28th... it's our Laurel class goal. If all three of us finish (one of us is already done) we get to go out for dinner, YW President's treat!

Ether is an amazing book, eh? I also love Mosiah... =D

message 20: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 774 comments My favorites are Mormon and Moroni. I could seriously sit and read them all the way through probly lol They just really get at me... can you imagine having only like 20 (??) peolple left of your entire civilization??? Its just WOW.

message 21: by Savannah (new)

Savannah (namesavannah-catcherinsoftball) | 236 comments I love Mosiah!!! ! I especially like Chapter 16 or 6. I can't remember which one. But those really touched me.

message 22: by Laura (new)

Laura | 365 comments i think i like the whole book not saying that everyone else doesnt its just i cant pick which part i like best

message 23: by Rachael (new)

Rachael Mosiah is a really great book and I just finished The Book of Mormon too! And that made it so that I finished Personal Progress! I haven't gotten my medallion yet but I want to get the old one just so that I can say that I'm one of the last people to get it. :) I'm getting gold.

message 24: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey My first year at Girls Camp, I was having trouble with my testimony. I really had a desire to have a testimony, and I thought I was doing everything right- reading the scriptures, praying, going to church, etc- but I didn't feel like I had a testimony. Then, while reading the Book of Mormon on my own during camp, I came across a verse in Alma 32 that caught my attention. I think it was verse 27, something about that even a desire meant that I already had a testimony.

message 25: by Hope (new)

Hope | 265 comments That is really cool, Lindsey. I've had questions before, but I know this church is true because I've felt it in my heart over and over again. When I do things I know are right and part of our church, I feel so good, and I just think, how could I ever doubt it when I feel so wonderful when I'm living the way we're supposed to? I know I'm not perfect, but when I do something good, I feel so amazing! It's hard to describe. The Book of Mormon has helped a lot!

message 26: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Wow Lindsey, that experience really reminds me of my first year of Girl's Camp, too! :) I mean... I was probably worse off than you were, concerning my testimony, because I almost didn't believe in God at all. But there was a scripture that gave me a testimony! :)

I love the scriptures sooo much.

message 27: by Lindsey (last edited Jun 07, 2010 10:45AM) (new)

Lindsey | 774 comments They are great. ( : You know I was teaching the YW lesson last month,the one on writing in your journal, and one thing that really hit me was that the scriptures were kind of like the prophets journal. They basically wrote everything that happened to them and their testimonies in there. It made me realize that if they hadn't kept records we wouldn't have the scriptures!!! It made me realize how important it is to keep records and journals. It was a really cool feeling. :)

message 28: by Lindsey (last edited Jun 07, 2010 10:48AM) (new)

Lindsey | 774 comments Hope wrote: "That is really cool, Lindsey. I've had questions before, but I know this church is true because I've felt it in my heart over and over again. When I do things I know are right and part of our churc..."

I totally agree with you. Sometimes I can get to doubting or have questions, and I am not perfect, but I know that the church is true because of that wonderful feeling and my testimony is growing every day! :)

message 29: by Hope (new)

Hope | 265 comments It is wonderful to know! Journals are very important! I think that everyone should keep a journal.

message 30: by a N d i E {o,o} (last edited Jul 24, 2010 02:44PM) (new)

a N d i E {o,o}  (thelolaizer) Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the lord with all thine heart and lean not into thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

That scripture has really helped me through all my trials!

message 31: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 774 comments Good one. I like it too!

message 32: by Hope (new)

Hope | 265 comments That is very inspiring, thanks!