KSA Book Club [ نادي القراءة السعودي ] discussion

Any English books readers in Dammam

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hassan (new)

Hassan G | 14 comments Hello ladies and gents
I'm interested in forming a book club for the area
If any are from Dammam, Khober, Hufof, or the surrounding area and are interested in the idea, please come forward

message 2: by Aziz (new)

Aziz (azizdayel) | 1 comments I'm interested in joining the book club.

message 3: by Hassan (new)

Hassan G | 14 comments Happy to see that someone is interested .. let's see if we had a good number of people who also want to join in

message 4: by Afra (new)

Afra Amir | 7 comments Me too interested .., am in Dhahran
Are there any libraries here?

message 5: by Sara (new)

Sara | 4 comments Me too ..I'm from Dammam

message 6: by Taher (new)

Taher | 6 comments Hi there..
could you please tell us the suggested activities of that club?

message 7: by Afra (new)

Afra Amir | 7 comments Let's start the club

message 8: by Hassan (new)

Hassan G | 14 comments We could start by choosing a book to read together, have a weekly discussion in a group we start here in Goodreads, what do you guys think?

message 9: by Sara (new)

Sara | 4 comments Yeah it's a good idea .

message 10: by ريم (new)

ريم عبد الباقي | 6 comments It's a great idea but I am in Jeddah .

message 11: by F (new)

F R | 4 comments It does not have to be just in dammam. People from other places can join as well.

message 12: by F (new)

F R | 4 comments I just finished reading Outliers by Malcom Gladwell and I advise anyone to read it. It's fascinating how the book shows that we are just products of our environment and culture.

message 13: by Husaain (new)

Husaain Alwael | 1 comments Hey everyone 😃

I'm from Hofuf, and I'd like to join you guys.

Happy reading :)

message 14: by ريم (new)

ريم عبد الباقي | 6 comments I just finished Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter .. it's psychological thriller . Great writing,great story line ,great characters..I enjoyed every minute .. I highly recommend it for thrillers lovers .
I am currently reading All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr , did any one read it ?

message 15: by Abdullah (new)

Abdullah Mohammed | 2 comments Hello, has anyone ordered from Book Depository before ?

message 16: by Dodah (new)

Dodah I did . they are amazing don't worry . Book Depository is the best .

message 17: by Abdullah (new)

Abdullah Mohammed | 2 comments I ordered for the first time from them but was a bit worried because they don't provide a tracking number, but thank you ohood :).. Do you know nearly how much it takes for the order to be delivered here in KSA ?

message 18: by Dodah (new)

Dodah yes that is worrisome . and mostly there late like a good 5 weeks mostly 3 weeks . and rarely 10 days . but if you thought you order was too late . you could email them and they'll send you another copy . I sometimes end up getting 2 copies of the same book because it got lost in the mail

message 19: by Afra (new)

Afra Amir | 7 comments Hmm... is there any way we can borrow books from somewhere in saudi...? It's hard to read ebook and book shops here are too expensive

message 20: by Sara (new)

Sara | 4 comments There is a government library in Riyadh.

message 21: by Afra (new)

Afra Amir | 7 comments Ooh... but I live in dammam area.... do you know any library around here?

message 22: by Hassan (new)

Hassan G | 14 comments There's an online book shop to sell used books in Dammam and it's pretty cheap .. you can check it out .. book exchange is also an option .. check out @ onlinebookshop.ksa

message 23: by Hassan (new)

Hassan G | 14 comments It's on Instagram

message 24: by Hassan (new)

Hassan G | 14 comments On Instagram

message 25: by Hassan (new)

Hassan G | 14 comments It's on insta

message 26: by Afra (new)

Afra Amir | 7 comments Oh ok
Thanks

message 27: by Hassan (new)

Hassan G | 14 comments You're welcome

message 28: by Naiha (new)

Naiha Abid (nmlifeinwords) | 1 comments I guess I joined too late. Hey guys, I'm from Khobar and willing to lend books to whoever promises to not damage them and return once finished.
I would really like to have a group where we share reads , let me know if there's already one.

message 29: by Afra (new)

Afra Amir | 7 comments Am in for that 🖐🏻

message 30: by Hassan (new)

Hassan G | 14 comments I'm in as well

message 31: by Kikat (new)

Kikat | 9 comments is the group still active?
if so, I'm interested in joining it. I'm willing to exchange English books with whomever.
also, any reading recommendations?

message 32: by Hassan (new)

Hassan G | 14 comments @kitkat Hello
Sadly the group hadn't been active for a while .. but I'm willing to do the same
I'd recommend The Orange Girl by Jostein Gaarder
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
And The long way to a small, angry plant by Becky Chambers

message 33: by Kikat (new)

Kikat | 9 comments that's too bad.
thanks for the suggestions! I'll start reading Night Circus.
I've noticed a public library in front of Sheraton Hotel, has anyone been to it before?

message 34: by Hassan (new)

Hassan G | 14 comments If it's the same place in my head then I've been there with my elementary school over 15 years ago and it hasn't changed one bit .. so I wouldn't count on that lol

I'm glad you will, hope you enjoy it much as I did!!

message 35: by Kikat (new)

Kikat | 9 comments lol there goes my hope of public library.
I think I'll wait for Ethraa to go public.

message 36: by Hassan (new)

Hassan G | 14 comments I'm counting the days for that too

message 37: by Dodah (new)

Dodah You should start a book club or a read along for the night circus I’m sure a lot of people would jump in . I’ve always wanted to read it but never got motivated to do so . And now I know it’s historical fiction I’m dreading it even more . I nead a reading body to help me get through (drama😅) . You know what maybe I should start a read along🧐 .

message 38: by Kikat (new)

Kikat | 9 comments Ohood wrote: "You should start a book club or a read along for the night circus I’m sure a lot of people would jump in . I’ve always wanted to read it but never got motivated to do so . And now I know it’s histo..."

I'd like a buddy reader! we could start together if you'd like. I'm planing to finish some books on the weekend. are you willing to start on, let say, Dec 10th?

message 39: by Dodah (new)

Dodah Sounds great . Hope you’re not a fast reader .

message 40: by Kikat (new)

Kikat | 9 comments unfortunately I'm not :")
"Let the Reading Games begin!"

message 41: by Reem (new)

Reem (reemalassaf) | 1 comments Ethraa should go public this month :) . I asked a woman who worked there when I went in January.

KSA Book Club [ نادي القراءة السعودي ]

unread topics | mark unread