Art Lovers discussion

Talent of the Members > Inkblot Art

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather I will attribute this suggestion to Aloha who first introduced the book Inkblot: Drip, Splat, and Squish Your Way to Creativity. So I bought the book and created my first inkblots ever! I still wouldn't consider myself an artist of any kind but it was really fun! I think it might take a little more practice on my part to really 'study' and 'see' something in the blot of ink. Imagination!

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather

message 3: by Heather (last edited Jun 07, 2017 10:37PM) (new)

Heather

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather Yes, I know this is my own thread of my own creations. They are nothing like you real artists!
But I'm curious...In your opinion, what do you see, if anything, in the above pictures? Especially the first, black and white one. Anyone?

message 5: by Jimmy (new)

Jimmy | 1 comments The first one looks like a rabbit (kind of like Lola Bunny) wearing wings.
And on it's side it could be a tropical island with the birds flying about and a strange rock formation in the middle. It's ocean reflection beneath.
Upside down, it can work as some kind of sci-fi antenna.

The bottom one kind of looks like a turkey on a stick...
And the same there, on it's side it could be taken as something by a lake, like a shrub/tree formation with it's reflection and the sunset in the background.

Just a few ideas after a quick turn-around.

message 6: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey Aronson (geaaronson) | 930 comments Heather wrote: "Yes, I know this is my own thread of my own creations. They are nothing like you real artists!
But I'm curious...In your opinion, what do you see, if anything, in the above pictures? Especially the..."

a spinning top

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather Jimmy wrote: "The first one looks like a rabbit (kind of like Lola Bunny) wearing wings.
And on it's side it could be a tropical island with the birds flying about and a strange rock formation in the middle. It..."

Hey Jimmy! Haven't heard from you, welcome!

Very interesting perspectives! You have a creative eye! I still don't see the rabbit. I had one friend tell me it looks like a rabbit on a bullet bike.

I like the tropical island idea, I can see how it could be a reflection on the side-view.

And for you to turn it all around and look at it, I never thought of that!

Thank you for your ideas and input!

message 8: by Heather (new)

Heather Geoffrey wrote: "Heather wrote: "Yes, I know this is my own thread of my own creations. They are nothing like you real artists!
But I'm curious...In your opinion, what do you see, if anything, in the above pictures..."

That's a good one, Geoffrey...

message 9: by Heather (last edited Oct 03, 2018 03:10AM) (new)

Heather For me, I don't have much of a creative mind. When I see one thing, that's all I ever see.

I thought the top one looked like a vertebrae with the top of the ilium in the lower body.

The bottom one I thought looked like the Canadian flag or a fall leaf. OR a frog splat on the freeway after being run over by a car...

message 10: by Heather (new)

Heather I'm not trying to draw attention to myself but going through the threads, I want to ask the same question as before. Maybe some new people can see something in these inkblots?

In your opinion, what do you see, if anything, in the above pictures? Especially the first, black and white one. Anyone?

message 11: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey Aronson (geaaronson) | 930 comments The black and white one looks like a face on the bottom half of a woman with wild frizzy hair with a costume piece attachment on top. Or it could be a flying praying mantis from a view taken above. I see a leaf immediately in the colored one.

message 12: by Geoffrey (last edited Apr 17, 2019 12:38PM) (new)

Geoffrey Aronson (geaaronson) | 930 comments Or the top one could be a Nazgual from The lord of the rings, again a view from above it as it is flying.

message 13: by Heather (new)

Heather Geoffrey wrote: "The black and white one looks like a face on the bottom half of a woman with wild frizzy hair with a costume piece attachment on top. Or it could be a flying praying mantis from a view taken above...."

Interesting, Geoffrey. Especially coming from you who saw it the first time. You said it looked like a spinning top. You know, I think that takes a great imagination to see different things in the above images. I just don't have it. I see the same thing every time. Yes, I saw the leaf immediately in the bottom one. I like your descriptions! Thank you :)

message 14: by Kristine (new)

Kristine  Henshaw (kristilou) The first one looks like fallopian tubes and the second like a maple tree. I have been having trouble getting my kindle to give me a place to post and to move to a second page. anyone else ever have this problem? You shouldn't give yourself negative affirmations like not having a creative mind...I'm sure you do or you would not be on this site. It isn't all about creating fine art...art is a way of moving through life.

message 15: by Heather (new)

Heather You saw an anatomical picture, too Kristine. But Fallopian tubes... hmmm
You said it, though, art is a way to move through life. I started this group because I appreciate it. And I’m very happy to have painters and poets and photographers and authors and other artists in the group and especially all you who know so much about about art, I can learn from you. I learn a lot here. It’s stimulating!

message 16: by Dirk, Moderator (new)

Dirk Van | 3155 comments All thanks to you, Heather!
What a job keeping this group alive and kicking for all these years!
And stimulating for everyone!
I've been digging more into art, these last couple of months than in the last couple of years!
And having fun with it!

message 17: by Kristine (new)

Kristine  Henshaw (kristilou)
Fallopian tubes...
I am no longer able to get a comment box or to turn the page on my Kindle. Has anyone else run into this problem? It isn't as convenient for me to go to the big computer.

message 18: by Heather (new)

Heather Thank you, Dirk! I think everyone is contributing to making the group fun! And I’m glad you’ve gotten to study more art because of it! I learn a lot here and you’ve introduced me to some new people and artwork!

message 19: by Heather (new)

Heather I sent you a message Kristine. I hope someone in the group can maybe help you with that Kindle problem?