Play Book Tag discussion

A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1)
This topic is about A Darker Shade of Magic
Archive: Other Books > A Darker Shade of Magic by Victoria Schwab ★★★★½

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Flo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Flo (matthewmurdock) | 145 comments Original review:

4/4.5 stars!

I really enjoyed reading this book from start to finish. Worldbuilding is something I'm particularly fascinated by, and there was some really awesome worldbuilding in this story. The characters were great, especially Kell and Lila, but I really loved every single supporting character and cared about them and their stories as well. The Danes were terrifying and amazing villains, and the magic was both cool and original. It was nice to read something different than anything currently out there, and this one kept me reading for hours and hours at a time until I finished. I'm definitely excited to read the sequel soon!

REVIEW UPDATED 6/3/2017

Definitely 4.5 stars at least. Holy worldbuilding! This book totally held up upon reread and I'm glad I did it so I could be refreshed for reading the sequels, which I still need to do. I was really into Lila this time around more than I was before, and I'm really interested to see where she goes with the "power" that they mention she has. This time, I'm actually going to read the sequels soon! XD

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments Loved the second book even more -- have the third on nightstand, but I realized that I might need to reread the other two.

message 3: by Jenni Elyse (new) - added it

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1268 comments I've wanted to read this one for a while. I'm glad to hear you liked it just as much (or even more) the second time around. Someday I'll get to it. :)

message 4: by Kimber (new)

Kimber (kimberwolf) | 824 comments This series catches my eye every time I'm at the book store. I'm happy to see you enjoyed it! I'm certain it'll end up on my shelf at home eventually.