Secret Santa gift exchange! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2016 Gift Exchange > Summer 2017 Book Exchange

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) (dentistinmysparetime) | 1751 comments Mod
Hi all! Kendra wanted to start a thread for those who would like to participate in a summer exchange, so you can talk about that here. I will continue to head up my holiday gift exchange (aka, my fave pet project!) after Halloween!

message 2: by Daphne (new)

Daphne  | 97 comments Such fun! I'm in. :)

message 3: by Diane (new)

Diane Dannenfeldt | 143 comments I love secret santas or secret summer or secret whatever exchanges. I am alway a yes for these types as they are so much fun!!!!!!!

Lisa ~ Books Are My Drugs ~ (lisa44870) | 201 comments Yay, count me in!

Nadine Bookaholic (nadinesobsessedwithbooks) | 154 comments I'm in 🤶🏻

message 6: by Kendra (last edited Jun 07, 2017 06:11PM) (new)

Kendra T (kendra1117) | 147 comments Hi!!! I am trying to decide if it is easier to set up a new group or keep it all here. I was thinking it would be easier to keep it here, but then we can't have so many threads to chat or reveal.

I created a new group to try to make it easier. Hope it is. Invite anyone and everyone, and COME ON OVER TO THE FUN! :-)

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

Nadine Bookaholic (nadinesobsessedwithbooks) | 154 comments Kendra wrote: "Hi!!! I am trying to decide if it is easier to set up a new group or keep it all here. I was thinking it would be easier to keep it here, but then we can't have so many threads to chat or reveal. W..."

I'm good either way you decide to go

message 8: by Kendra (new)

Kendra T (kendra1117) | 147 comments I created the group and set up the link for Elfster. :-)

GROUP

message 9: by M'rella (new)

M'rella (mrella) | 621 comments Thanks, Kendra, you're awesome! :D

Nadine Bookaholic (nadinesobsessedwithbooks) | 154 comments Thank you Kendra

message 11: by Diane (new)

Diane Dannenfeldt | 143 comments Thanks kendra

message 12: by Djschuster (new)

Djschuster (djschusteraolcom) | 2 comments What a cool idea!! ☺️

message 13: by Aղցela W. (new)

Aղցela W. | 343 comments thanks Kendra I am in

message 14: by Shee (new)

Shee Reader (sheereader) Sounds good to me! I'm in 📚 📚 📚 📚

message 15: by Djschuster (new)

Djschuster (djschusteraolcom) | 2 comments How will it work?

message 16: by Christelle (new)

Christelle | 472 comments Hello Heather & Kendra,
That's a very fun idea. I'm just a little concerned. I'm not from the US and gifting books or certificates to buy ebooks is not very easy when in Europe. I saw in the new thread that you were giving Amazon as a site : be aware that there are so many restrictions around ebooks that gifts can only be made within the same country your kindle and credit card is registered :-(
I'm going to check the restrictions on the other sites suggested by M'rella.
I had so much fun last year with the 2016 SS exchange that I hope the close of AllRomance won't put a stop for non American members to participate !!
Cheers to you all !

message 17: by Sally (new)

Sally (sally_mvula) Hi guys!
I"m new to this so I really don't know how this all works... Help please???

message 18: by Sally (new)

Sally (sally_mvula) Latashia wrote: "Hi Sally. You go to Elfster and create your list, and around mid November Heather will assign everyone there SS. It's really fun. Some people try to figure out who got who what. I hope this helps."

Thank you Latashia

message 19: by Sally (new)

Sally (sally_mvula) Latashia wrote: "Hi Sally. You go to Elfster and create your list, and around mid November Heather will assign everyone there SS. It's really fun. Some people try to figure out who got who what. I hope this helps."

Can it be any book or must it have a Christmas theme to it?

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) (dentistinmysparetime) | 1751 comments Mod
There is a new group to join for the summer exchange but everyone check back here after Halloween for my annual Christmas exchange! I feel like we are going to need some cheer this year!!!

message 21: by Laura-marie (new)

Laura-marie | 1 comments Can I please join? What's the name on elfster? I have an elfster account with HRC Harry potter themed group.

message 22: by Josy (new)

Josy (aceofhearts83) | 668 comments Laura-marie wrote: "Can I please join? What's the name on elfster? I have an elfster account with HRC Harry potter themed group."

In message #7 you find the link to the GR 'Christmas in July Book Exchange' group and in message # 9 is the link for Elfster. I hope this helps :)

message 23: by Kendra (new)

Kendra T (kendra1117) | 147 comments I am so sorry everyone! I didn't see the responses here. Thanks to everyone for answering the questions! If you have others, feel free to PM me. :-)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.