What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Mafia book; women in mafia is sleeping with a guy, which is either in the rival family or is a bodyguard or a member or the same mafia group [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana (new)

Diana | 6 comments I am looking for a book, but I can't remember many details about it. I haven't read it but I read its description and the first chapter or so. It is not Rutheless People by JJ McAvoy, but I think it might be similiar

It's about a woman that's strong and ruthless?, people are afraid of her or respect her. I think she is in the mafia, either as the boss or the (boss' daughter) princess or so.

She is sleeping with a guy, which is either in the rival family or is a bodyguard or a member or the same mafia group. But they keep it as a secret, no one can know, not sure why.

From what I remember the first chapter starts with her being a ruthless again, finishing some business or so and then she goes to meet this guy again in a secret room, where they sleep together (from what I remember it's not vanilla). I don't think they're in love yet, they're just using each other to forget, but I am not sure.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38140 comments Mod
Moving to Unsolved since you're looking for a specific book.

How recently, and where, did you read the description and first chapter? Is this a newer or older book? Where and when is it set? Paper book or ebook?

message 3: by Diana (new)

Diana | 6 comments I read its description on goodreads and then the first chapter on Amazon ("Look Inside") a few months ago. I think it's a newer book and I think it is set in modern times. I think it is ebook.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Diana, are the families Italian, Russian, etc.?

A few guesses:
- The Power of a Woman by Leddy Harper?
- Kissing The Enemy by Helena Newbury?
- Where the Sun Hides by Bethany-Kris?

message 5: by Diana (new)

Diana | 6 comments Omg that's it- The power of a woman.

Thank you so much!!!

message 6: by Diana (new)

Diana | 6 comments And the other ones look great too so I'll give them a try as well. Thanksss