White Whale Feminist Book Club discussion

What should we read next?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Fraley (laurenbrookefraley) | 18 comments Mod
I think the consensus was to meet on July 11, but we need to choose a book. We're due for some fiction. Please leave your ideas in the comments by Sunday, June 11 or second another suggestion. Hopefully, there will be a clear winner that we can have White Whale order for us.

message 2: by Khadija (new)

Khadija Djellouli | 1 comments Americanah
I haven't read this, but I've heard very good things about it.

message 3: by Jennie (new)

Jennie | 4 comments Khadija wrote: "Americanah
I haven't read this, but I've heard very good things about it."

I very recently read Americanah and loved it so dearly. Would love to read it again and discuss!

message 4: by Priya (new)

Priya Agrawal | 2 comments How about The Hate U Give?

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Based on the feedback here and Facebook combined, The Hate U Give is in the lead. Don't forget to weigh in by Sunday if you haven't yet! Thanks so much to everyone for the great suggestions!!

message 6: by S (new)

S | 1 comments I'm in for The Hate U Give this time, and I think we should keep Americanah on our list!

message 7: by Jennie (new)

Jennie | 4 comments The Hate U Give sounds fantastic to me!

message 8: by Priya (new)

Priya Agrawal | 2 comments Hello All- did we decide on a book? If so, could we post consensus and meeting date/time here? Sorry I am not a Facebook user... Thanks!

message 9: by Lauren (new)

Priya wrote: "Hello All- did we decide on a book? If so, could we post consensus and meeting date/time here? Sorry I am not a Facebook user... Thanks!"

Sorry! I totally forgot to update things in both places. I just created the event here and sent around an invite. The Hate U Give was selected and we're meeting on July 11.

message 10: by Lauren (new)

We're less than one week away from our July discussion (Tues, July 11 at 7), but it might be a good time to pick our August selection. Continuing with our rotation, we're looking for a non-fiction book. Please share your ideas!! If there is no clear front runner, we can make the final decision when we meet.

message 11: by Lauren (new)

If you weren't able to make it last night, we missed you!! In an effort to have the books in ahead of the next meeting, we've picked a few in advance (check out the other discussions or events for info).

We still need to pick one for January. The meeting will be January 9, 2018, same time, same place.
Here are some suggestions, please weigh in or add your own!

* Bitch Planet, Vol. 1: Extraordinary Machine by Kelly Sue DeConnick
* Written on the Body by Jeanette Winterson
* The Book of Joan by Lidia Yuknavitch
* How the García Girls Lost Their Accents by Julia Alvarez