GOOD REVIEWS discussion

The Powder Horn of Mackinac Island
Children Book > Would love a review for March-released MG time travel

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sandy Carlson (sandycarl) | 2 comments Arianna’s family now owns a souvenir shop on Mackinac Island, the perfect place to make money for her paraplegic brother’s surgery. No motor vehicles are allowed but there are plenty of horses, making the island safe enough for Luc to have mobile freedom in his wheelchair all summer long.

When Arianna and Luc accidentally discover that a powder horn that’s been in their family for many generations can send them back in time to 1793, they meet their great-great-great-great-great-grandfather, the person who carved the treasure map on the powder horn. How can the siblings convince their ancestor to let them in on its secrets?

To complicate things, Luc finds he can walk there, in the past, and he doesn’t want to return to the present where his surgery is uncertain, and a wheelchair may be his life. Arianna must choose between discovering the treasure and bringing her brother back to the present.

Contact me through GoodReads or sandycarl642 at yahoo dot com for a PDF. (As this is my first time asking for a review, I'm assuming reviewers get PDFs.) Thank you. - Sandy

Sandy Carlson (sandycarl) | 2 comments Hi Robert.
First of all, thank you for your service to our country and the world. And thank you for your kind offer to switch books for reviews. From your description, Freedom's Light does not sound like a children's book, but more like war memoirs. Again, I thank you for your service, but I'm thinking there are many other interested parties willing to review Freedom's Light. Good luck with your book and further writing.

Sandy Carlson