Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > Seeking WIP SciFi/Fantasy Critique Partner

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Evie (new)

Evie Driver (eviedriver) | 2 comments Hello, I'm seeking a critique partner to occasionally swap WIPs and share ideas or cry at our failures together as writers. Whichever suits you most.

I'd prefer someone who is open to Skype/Facebook/YouTube livestream, etc. I.e. Someone who's not afraid to show their face. I'm not a creeper. I just want to build a friendship with someone, and I'd like to know whom I speak to!

-----

My blurb (very WIP):

In 3293, cities hover over Earth’s irradiated wastelands. However, Ettrix, a sixteen-year-old technophile, knows surface life is possible. Scheming an innocent detour in an upcoming trip, her plans unravel before the journey even begins.

Nothing will squash her efforts to the surface. Boarding the Albatross promises an electrifying adventure that soon spirals into a crusade of harrowing chaos. Surviving depends on trusting strangers – a few with strange abilities. She knows her own powers can kill her. Will she find a way save herself or will she fight beside her new allies against forces that threaten to fray the fabric of human life?

-----

I'd prefer someone who has a very general start in their WIP. We can write our WIPs together! Mine will be ~85k and is currently 10K.

Any takers?

EMAIL: authoreviedriver@gmail.com
TWITTER: @eviedriver

message 2: by Keith (new)

Keith Oxenrider (mitakeet) | 1166 comments What if I'm too much of a Luddite (despite being a professional programmer) to do anything over video? I have plenty of pictures of myself on the 'net, as well as a few videos, but I prefer email because I can edit and reread, which helps compensate for my crappy memory.

message 3: by Evie (new)

Evie Driver (eviedriver) | 2 comments A photo is fine. I just am looking for someone I can physically get to know via any of the number of video/voice calling programs available. Email is fine, but I'm looking for something more personal.

message 4: by Jean (last edited Jun 07, 2017 02:20PM) (new)

Jean  | 3 comments Hello! I'd love a writing buddy/critic partner, especially since I'm newer to the writing community. I'm a bit of an introvert, and can admit I would be more comfortable speaking (at least at first) over emails or Facebook, but I'm interested in swapping manuscripts and helping out another aspiring author. I've got roughly 14k written in my YA fantasy novel, so definitely fulfill the general WIP. Either way, good luck!

message 5: by Niki (new)

Niki S | 4 comments I would love to do this, but my sci-fi/fantasy WIP I'm working on is currently m/m. Are you amendable to that situation? I can facebook or skype, or if you want I often use Discord. I am also looking for someone to commiserate with and cheer on, and a more personal relationship I think could be integral to a good writing process. If m/m isn't your thing I totally understand, or if you want to give it a try and then realize you hate it that's fine too! Let me know!