#AYEARATHON discussion

June 2017 - Catch Up/Finish > Update On Reading Progress - Day's 3 & 4

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2018 comments Mod
Hello, everyone!!!

Things seem to be moving along at a brisk pace or is it just me?

How's you're reading coming along?

So far for me:

Day 1: Finished The Naturals (The Naturals, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Day 2: Started City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare
Day 3: well I'll come back and update you guys later Hoping to finish City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare today *Crosses Fingers*.

message 2: by Paget (new)

Paget | 118 comments Ups, it is already Wednesday. I haven't done a TBR and no updates. The public holiday on Monday really messed up my feelings for the weekdays. But I have been reading The Titan's Curse, I finished it yesterday. And I am starting now God Emperor of Dune

Finished
The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3) by Rick Riordan

message 3: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 142 comments Paget wrote: "Ups, it is already Wednesday. I haven't done a TBR and no updates. The public holiday on Monday really messed up my feelings for the weekdays. But I have been reading [book:The Titan's Curse|561456..."

I feel you on that. sometimes it feels like tuesdays and sometimes it feels like the weekend because my kids had there last day of school yesterday so yesterday felt like friday.

message 4: by Cassie (new)

Cassie I feel like this past couple days have been a total fail for me. I have been prepping for my graduation party this week so I have been fairly busy. On Monday I finished Of Poseidon by Anna Banks and I started After You by Jojo Moyes, but I am only about half way though that. I am hoping to finish it tomorrow!

message 5: by Lizzy (last edited Jun 07, 2017 09:59PM) (new)

Lizzy Seitz (cookinggurl43) | 239 comments The past two days were pretty packed for me so I ended up trying to make up for it tonight. So for day three so far I finished The Vile Village (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #7) by Lemony Snicket and started both The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3) by Rick Riordan and After You (Me Before You, #2) by Jojo Moyes but I only read two chapters of After You while I've read up to 28% of The Titan's Curse because it's pulling me in. So I may just stay up until I finish it tonight:)

But for my finished books its:
Coin Heist by Elisa Ludwig The Vile Village (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #7) by Lemony Snicket

message 6: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy Seitz (cookinggurl43) | 239 comments Paget wrote: "Ups, it is already Wednesday. I haven't done a TBR and no updates. The public holiday on Monday really messed up my feelings for the weekdays. But I have been reading [book:The Titan's Curse|561456..."

I'm reading The Titan's Curse and loving it so far! What did you think of it?

message 7: by Aryka (new)

Aryka | 52 comments Day 3: read 226 more pages of Gemina

Total pages read so far: 863

message 8: by Nina (new)

Nina | 53 comments This time reaading doesn't really go down well for me. I just managed to squeeze in a few pages before bed every night, but that's is. I hope my reading will speed up on the weekend as i have no planes then. The only way i made any real progress this week was by listening to an audiobook.

currently reading: Voyager (Outlander, #3) by Diana Gabaldon A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3) by V.E. Schwab Der Fluch (Das Tal Season 2, #1) by Krystyna Kuhn

TBR: Das Böse In Uns by Cody McFadyen Blinde Vögel (Beatrice Kaspary, #2) by Ursula Poznanski The Problem Child (The Sisters Grimm, #3) by Michael Buckley

Read: The Rosie Effect (Don Tillman, #2) by Graeme Simsion

message 9: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 142 comments Finished my book today but didn't think it was going to happen.

Currently Reading: Thirteen, Fourteen ... Little Boy Unseen (Rebekka Franck Book 7) by Willow Rose

Finished: Seven, Eight...Gonna Stay Up Late (Rebekka Franck, #4) by Willow Rose Nine, Ten ... Never sleep again (Rebekka Franck, #5) by Willow Rose Eleven, Twelve ... Dig and Delve (Rebekka Franck #6) by Willow Rose

Total Pages: 893

message 10: by BlurryBug (last edited Jun 08, 2017 01:24AM) (new)

BlurryBug | 401 comments For day 3 I read 195 pages
137 pages in The Magicians
58 pages Giant Days, Vol. 2

Finished Giant Days, Vol. 2 (Giant Days, #2) by John Allison
Total pages read the past 3 days:1017

message 11: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne I didn't get much read on day 3 because I decided to take a break and get in some quality video game time

Pages read day 3: 244
Total pages read: 1086
Total books finished: 2

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare

message 12: by Paget (new)

Paget | 118 comments Lizzy wrote: "Paget wrote: "Ups, it is already Wednesday. I haven't done a TBR and no updates. The public holiday on Monday really messed up my feelings for the weekdays. But I have been reading The Titan'..."</i>

I love Percy Jackson. [book:The Titan's Curse
is great, I couldn't stop read, I just had to find out what happened next. I am looking forward to read The Battle of the Labyrinth but I have to finish God Emperor of Dune first.
Do you enjoy it?

message 13: by Paget (new)

Paget | 118 comments Day 4: I only read one chapter today :(. But I reshelfed all my book shelves :). It took me hours.
Currently reading : God Emperor of Dune

Finished The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3) by Rick Riordan

message 14: by Shay (last edited Jun 09, 2017 09:18AM) (new)

Shay | 14 comments I keep getting distracted from my TBR

Day 3: 162 pages in Bird Box
Day 4: 201 pages in Fairest 36 pages in Every Heart a Doorway

Finished: Bird Box by Josh Malerman Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5) by Marissa Meyer
Total books read: 3
Total pages read: 924

Currently Reading: Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children, #1) by Seanan McGuire Soul Eater, Vol. 05 (Soul Eater, #5) by Atsushi Ohkubo

message 15: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne Just finished my 3rd book of the readathon

Pages read day 3: 297
Total pages read: 1383
Total books finished: 3

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare

message 16: by Clara (new)

Clara | 26 comments So.... for day 3 and 4 I only managed a 100 pages of A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3) by V.E. Schwab (and it's awesome!). Oh well, maybe tomorrow will bring more reading time!

message 17: by Ashly (new)

Ashly (ashlyh) | 104 comments I finished Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #3) by Jenny Han today. I gave it 4 stars. I might pick up Firefight (Reckoners, #2) by Brandon Sanderson next.

message 18: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 142 comments Day 4: I started reading Thirteen, Fourteen ... Little Boy Unseen (Rebekka Franck Book 7) by Willow Rose but i have a migraine which i tend to get when i've spent so many days/hours reading my kindle like that. I usually try and switch it up between physical and ebook but wasn't able to do that this round. So hopefully i'll finish it tomorrow.

message 19: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy Seitz (cookinggurl43) | 239 comments Paget wrote: "Lizzy wrote: "Paget wrote: "Ups, it is already Wednesday. I haven't done a TBR and no updates. The public holiday on Monday really messed up my feelings for the weekdays. But I have been reading [b..."

I finished it today and it was so good! I feel the same way! I didn't want to put it down and even though I want to pick up Battle of the Labyrinth next, I'm trying to stick to my TBR this week because my TBR was already huge!

message 20: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy Seitz (cookinggurl43) | 239 comments Day 4: I finished two books and made progress on a third because I had tons of time to read! So I finished The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3) by Rick Riordan at the wee hours of the morning and then slept for like ten hours hahaha. But at one of my jobs I'm allowed to read when it's not busy which today was. I managed to finish After You (Me Before You, #2) by Jojo Moyes which I sort of liked? I gave it only 3 out of 5 because two of the new characters saved the book for me. Then I read about 150 pages of Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5) by Sarah J. Maas , but I feel like I'm just reading it to finish instead of wanting to read it so I'll probably DNF the series after this book just because I just don't care about like half the characters.

Finished Books:
Coin Heist by Elisa Ludwig The Vile Village (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #7) by Lemony Snicket The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3) by Rick Riordan After You (Me Before You, #2) by Jojo Moyes

message 21: by Aryka (new)

Aryka | 52 comments Day 4: finished Gemina (The Illuminae Files, #2) by Amie Kaufman
Started Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2) by Leigh Bardugo and read about 30

Total Pages Read - 1121

message 22: by Sofie (new)

Sofie | 26 comments I finished Bakom din rygg (Behind Your Back) by Sofie Sarenbrant. It's a psychological thriller about three hairdressers. It still counts as catching up on a series even though it's the first in the series? Please say yes...

Books read in total: 3 (Queen of babble in the Big City, Queen of Babble Gets Hitched & Bakom din rygg.

message 23: by Maija (new)

Maija (maijavi) | 180 comments Day 3 & 4
I've started and am halfway through The Grey King. I also read the first issue of Princess Jellyfish Vol. 4.

Currently reading:
The Grey King (The Dark Is Rising, #4) by Susan Cooper Princess Jellyfish Vol. 4 by Akiko Higashimura

Read (outside of TBR):
On the Edge of Gone by Corinne Duyvis Voro – kolmen kuninkaan aarre by Janne Kukkonen

message 24: by BlurryBug (new)

BlurryBug | 401 comments Read 103 pages for day 4
not as much as i wanted to read but was a busy day