Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Adult SciFi 90k

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by G.L. (new)

G.L. Cromarty I am looking for beta readers for my second book in a series.

It's a SciFi book with fantasy elements. I have already had it edited and it has already been through beta readers...and it was pretty much ready to go, but my publisher has asked me to make it standalone so I am looking for fresh feedback on whether it now works after my changes.

I really don't want a prolog info dump, so I have tried to sprinkle any essential facts from book 1 into the book 2 in what I hope is a subtle way.

Since it has been partially re-writen to make it standalone I am looking for the 'who the heck is that' 'where the heck has that come from' moments that I might have missed. But, any other feedback on the story in general will be gratefully received.

It uses multiple POV, contains some strong language and violence.

message 2: by Ted (new)

Ted Carmichael | 17 comments Hi,

Would you be interested in doing a beta swap? I've written nine sci-fi shorts (26,000 words total) and I'm looking for readers who have an interest in both fun sci-fi and slightly more literary writing. I checked the books you rated and found a few overlapping interests - Ursula K LeGuin, HG Wells, Frank Herbert, Daphne Du Maurier.

Your novel seems interesting - I'd be happy to read it and give feedback if you'd like to do the same with my stories.

If you have any questions, message me here at Goodreads or shoot me an email at tedcarmichael@gmail.com.

Thanks!

message 3: by G.L. (new)

G.L. Cromarty Thanks Ted, will drop you an email.

message 4: by Ted (new)

Ted Carmichael | 17 comments G.L. wrote: "Thanks Ted, will drop you an email."

Great!