Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 80k words, domestic suspense

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elka (new)

Elka Ray | 3 comments Readers & Writers,

I'm a traditionally published author hoping for feedback on a new psychological suspense MS before it goes to my agent. If you read crime/suspense/noir, please give it a shot! I'm looking for big picture feedback & am willing to swap Beta reads.

Blurb:

Milla moves to Blackmore Island for a slower, cleaner life. Instead, she finds dirty old secrets. Even her loving husband, Blake, has held things back. Battling her own demons - and a growing sense of dread - Milla grows increasingly paranoid. If she can't trust herself, who can she trust?

Thanks!

Elka

message 2: by Timothy (new)

Timothy | 1 comments I would be willing to beta read your book. Message me.

message 3: by Ted (new)

Ted Carmichael | 17 comments Hi Elka,

Would you be interested in doing a beta swap? I've written nine sci-fi shorts (26,000 total words) inspired by the darker side of the genre (think James Tiptree, Philip K Dick, JG Ballard).

I checked out the books you've rated on Goodreads and it looks like we have some overlapping interests - I'm a huge fan of "The Master and Margarita" and "Gone Girl," plus I also really enjoyed "The Picture of Dorian Gray" and "The Talented Mr. Ripley."

Anyway, if this sounds like something that might be helpful, message me here at Goodreads or send an email to - tedcarmichael@gmail.com.

Thanks!

message 4: by Ted (new)

Ted Carmichael | 17 comments And just to be clear - I'm definitely a crime / noir fan. I've read everything Gillian Flynn has written, I'm a PD James geek, I'm into classic authors like Dorothy B Hughes, Raymond Chandler, and Dashiell Hammett (although I just had to spellcheck that last guy's name).

Ted wrote: "Hi Elka,

Would you be interested in doing a beta swap? I've written nine sci-fi shorts (26,000 total words) inspired by the darker side of the genre (think James Tiptree, Philip K Dick, JG Ballard..."

message 5: by Elka (new)

Elka Ray | 3 comments Hi Ted - thanks for your offer! I just emailed you. Please let me know if the mail doesn't show up. Thanks! Elka