Manga & Anime Lovers discussion

Anime/Manga > What underrated anime do you think deserves to be more popular?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 75 (75 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by L.C. (new)

L.C. Perry | 69 comments I'll start first! :)

Black Cat and Karneval definitely need more love! <3

message 2: by Will (new)

Will Robinson Jr. | 66 comments World Trigger, Hunter X Hunter, Shaman King, Flame of Recca

message 3: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Jaye (valeriejaye) | 48 comments Zankyou no Terror, Death Parade, Kiznaiver, Ushio to Tora (TV)

message 4: by m (new)

m (graysweats) I agree with Zankyou no Terror, that show really deserves it. I also think Beelzebub, they ended up diverging from the manga near the end, but the story itself was carried out rather well.

message 5: by Sabrina (last edited Jun 07, 2017 01:26PM) (new)

Sabrina Z. (deadcandancebuticannot) | 42 comments Kimi Ni Todoke, Psyren(only a manga) Non Non Biyori

message 6: by Halima (last edited Jun 07, 2017 03:36PM) (new)

Halima (hallythemartian) | 10 comments Aoi Bungaku series. It's the most original thing I've ever seen and I prefer you watch it with no previous idea aboit it.

Zankyou No Terror as well!

message 7: by Valerie (last edited Jun 07, 2017 06:11PM) (new)

Valerie Jaye (valeriejaye) | 48 comments Halima wrote: "Aoi Bungaku series. It's the most original thing I've ever seen and I prefer you watch it with no previous idea aboit it.

Zankyou No Terror as well!"

I'd never heard of Aoi Bungaku before. Seems interesting! Totally adding it to my list right now.

message 8: by Ericka (new)

Ericka | 4 comments I would second Karneval, if only so we could get a second season. It felt like it ended waaaay too early. That and Pumpkin Scissors.

Another anime I like that I think needs more love is Key the Metal Idol. It's an older anime and aimed at an older audience (violence, nudity, not for lil' kids), and it was highly experimental, but it was really good. I think Crackle has it available for streaming - totally worth it. The dub's even pretty good, which is rare for a 90's-era anime.

message 9: by Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (last edited Jun 19, 2017 09:21AM) (new)

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 98 comments Sabrina wrote: "Kimi Ni Todoke, Psyren(only a manga) Non Non Biyori"

Kimi ni Todoke is so cute! Flame of Recca is one of my older faves.

Idk how popular Shirobako is in the West but oh man, what an awesome anime.

message 10: by Will (new)

Will Robinson Jr. | 66 comments Akari wrote: "I agree with Zankyou no Terror, that show really deserves it. I also think Beelzebub, they ended up diverging from the manga near the end, but the story itself was carried out rather well."

Loved Kimi ni Todoke. Great romantic series. Felt the second season was a bit over kill. The two main characters should have gotten together a little faster. I reccommend Lovely Complex, Toradora and Say I love You for fans of Kimi ni Todoke.

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 98 comments I saw the Kimi Ni Todoke live action and that was good too.

message 12: by BriTastic (new)

BriTastic (britasticreads) | 34 comments I wish they made more seasons of Skip Beat! T_T

message 13: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina Z. (deadcandancebuticannot) | 42 comments BriTastic wrote: "I wish they made more seasons of Skip Beat! T_T"
Same here! Have you tried the manga yet? Its great!

message 14: by BriTastic (new)

BriTastic (britasticreads) | 34 comments Sabrina wrote: "BriTastic wrote: "I wish they made more seasons of Skip Beat! T_T"
Same here! Have you tried the manga yet? Its great!"

Yes! I'm waiting on Vol 39 to read right now...actually rereading the series for the 3rd time due to an SRP challenge to claim a digital badge at work... >_>

message 15: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina Z. (deadcandancebuticannot) | 42 comments Gosh... Youre farther than me... I just finished 37.

message 16: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (inori) | 13 comments king's avatar

message 17: by BriTastic (new)

BriTastic (britasticreads) | 34 comments Sabrina wrote: "Gosh... Youre farther than me... I just finished 37."

Well, technically I'm behind now as I'm rereading it. xD I'm on 16 atm.

message 18: by Maya (new)

Maya (maya33) | 7 comments Tokyo Ghoul! I'm amazed it's not more popular since it's one of my favourites :)

message 19: by Crystal (new)

Crystal  | 2 comments I honestly think Mononoke should be praised for its symbolic story telling and unique anime style.

message 20: by DJay (new)

DJay (djdjay) | 15 comments I think 3 I would love to see blow up. Dennou Coil (more so now than ever with AR fast approaching) , Coppelion, and Gosick

message 21: by Pasha (new)

Pasha Grisenkovs (pasha_) Seto no Hanayome. One of the funniest, if not the funniest anime i've watched.

message 22: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina Z. (deadcandancebuticannot) | 42 comments Your lie in April!!! It's pure art! Also Your Name!

message 23: by Raven (last edited May 23, 2018 03:40PM) (new)

Raven (fallenravenqueen) | 6 comments wow I can name a few I'm sure some will disagree with my choices but my picks would be:
1) Zombie-Loan
2) Monochrome Factor
3) Yami no Matsuei
4) Tactics
just to name a few.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Raven wrote: "3) Yami no Matsuei " I watched it, it was cool ^^

For me:
Natsume Yuujinchou
Mushishi
Space Dandy

message 25: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Jaye (valeriejaye) | 48 comments Sabrina wrote: "Your lie in April!!! It's pure art! Also Your Name!"

I don't think Your Name is underrated or unpopular, on the contrary. It was one of the highest grossing anime movies of all time or something of the like.

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 98 comments Sabrina wrote: "Your lie in April!!! It's pure art! Also Your Name!"

Your Lie In April and Your Name are plenty PLENTY popular.

message 27: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Sage (priscillasage) | 11 comments Bubblegum Crisis: Original
Bubblegum Crash
Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040
Cutey Honey: Original
Cutey Honey
Dominion: Tank Police
Appleseed: All of them
Ghost In The Shell: All of them
Vampire Princess Miyu: Original and New
The Dirty Pair: Original and New
Macross: All of them
Robotech: All of them but mainly third generation

To name a few.....

message 28: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Jaye (valeriejaye) | 48 comments Ghost In The Shell is VERY popular, though

message 29: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina Z. (deadcandancebuticannot) | 42 comments I take back my previous comment😬

message 30: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Sage (priscillasage) | 11 comments Valerie wrote: "Ghost In The Shell is VERY popular, though"

Not as much as was when the Original came out or Stand Alone Complex . And it's only has high popularity in certain place. It's gotten some renew popularity because the live movie came out.

message 31: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Jaye (valeriejaye) | 48 comments Priscilla wrote: "Valerie wrote: "Ghost In The Shell is VERY popular, though"

Not as much as was when the Original came out or Stand Alone Complex . And it's only has high popularity in certain place. It's gotten s..."

I don't know. The live action movie came out because the original film is so popular. It's a classic.

message 32: by Doc (new)

Doc (docpersona) | 247 comments Great Teacher Onizuka - Maybe I could collect re-released volumes of the manga then. :)

message 33: by Becky (new)

Becky | 99 comments Death parade can't think of any others

message 34: by Becky (new)

Becky | 99 comments Ghost hunt

message 35: by Ash (new)

Ash (bakasenpaiii) | 11 comments Hyouka

message 36: by Ash (new)

Ash (bakasenpaiii) | 11 comments Peach Girl

message 37: by Ash (new)

Ash (bakasenpaiii) | 11 comments Gokinjo Monogatari

message 38: by Ash (new)

Ash (bakasenpaiii) | 11 comments Paradise Kiss

message 39: by Jaylie (new)

Jaylie (wolfluvzmanga) | 2 comments I absoulutley love Chi's Sweet Adventure and Bakuman!

message 40: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 14, 2018 08:56AM) (new)

Becky wrote: "Death parade can't think of any others"

Yes, totally agree on that one. 91 Days is awesome too.

message 41: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Jaye (valeriejaye) | 48 comments Daphné wrote: "Soul Eater!"

Soul Eater is super popular

Mrs. Darcy or Mrs. Columbo? | 12 comments Hungry Heart Wild Striker

message 43: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Evatt (peerlessscarred) | 20 comments Not sure how popular it is but I really enjoyed Blood Lad. It is such a fun story :)

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 98 comments Daphné wrote: "Soul Eater!"

This never loses its place in the "shows anime newbies should watch" lists.

Not really sure how popular Kids on the Slope is really. It's one of my favorites and I always recommend it.

message 45: by Hope (new)

Hope | 9 comments Tokyo Ravens! Had one of my favourite characters, Ootomo Jin, and if it were more popular they might make another season *fingers crossed!

message 46: by Juuso (new)

Juuso | 46 comments I do not even know how popular this is, but Your lie in april!

message 47: by Andrea (new)

Andrea L Juuso wrote: "I do not even know how popular this is, but Your lie in april!"
OOOOH I love this!!

I like Natsume's Juujinchou as an anime, I wish it were more honored.

message 48: by Juuso (new)

Juuso | 46 comments Oh and i like Love Hina alot too! I do not know exactly how popular it is, but non of my friends have watched it.

It is sometimes kinda weird, but overall i like the characters and animation!

message 49: by Doc (new)

Doc (docpersona) | 247 comments Juuso wrote: "Oh and i like Love Hina alot too! I do not know exactly how popular it is, but non of my friends have watched it.

It is sometimes kinda weird, but overall i like the characters and animation!"

Ahh! I just saw Rightstuf had the entire manga on sale. It's out of stock now but they are good about shipping when they can. :)

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Love-H...

They also have the OAV just in case you didn't see that.

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Love-H...

message 50: by Doc (new)

Doc (docpersona) | 247 comments Anyone remember Excel Saga? I could use it to torture linear people due to it being so random. :)

« previous 1