Horror Aficionados discussion

His Father's Son
This topic is about His Father's Son
Buddy Reads > His Father's Son

Comments Showing 1-50 of 104 (104 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Addy | 4989 comments A few of us will be starting this on June 11. Feel free to join! Kind of a Fathers Day read if you get my drift...lol.

Adamus | 806 comments Can't wait to start this one

Addy | 4989 comments Hey Adamus! Glad to have yah!

Terry | 4930 comments Should be fun!

Adamus | 806 comments I just finished The Resort & gonna start a few chapters in this now

Terry | 4930 comments I'll be in the road until late this evening so I'll start tomorrow.

Addy | 4989 comments Yes. I may read a couple of chapters as well.

Adamus | 806 comments Yea I'm gonna be at a BBQ today so decided to get a few chapters in today just in case. I made it to chapter 5 might read a couple more later (view spoiler)

Terry | 4930 comments I brought the book with me, but it's packed in the back of the car, so I'm out of luck.

message 10: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Shame on you! Lol. Just kidding!

Terry | 4930 comments Ikr! Wasn't thinking too clearly when we packed it two days ago. Oh well, at least it all made it back in the car, lol.

Adamus | 806 comments Lol I def would of brought a book with me too & the sad thing is I would have been more worried about that than anything else lol

message 13: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Yes, I find myself to be very protective of my books!

message 14: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments These chapters are kinda longish. I'll prob only read 2 a day, maybe 3.

message 15: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Hmm. Ch2 was interesting to say the least. Definitely has my attention.

message 16: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Did you guys notice the writing is different between ch1 and ch2...like the actual font if you are reading the physical copy. I wonder if that is significant?

Adamus | 806 comments Yea I wondered that too I think it happens in a few chapters. I read up to Chapter 6 (view spoiler)

Adamus | 806 comments Chapter 7 (view spoiler)

Terry | 4930 comments Addy wrote: "Did you guys notice the writing is different between ch1 and ch2...like the actual font if you are reading the physical copy. I wonder if that is significant?"

I finally had a chance to get started, and read the first two chapters. I wonder if the different text is because that part is in the past, and it's a flashback? Guess we'll find out.

Terry | 4930 comments Interesting the disease that the father has. My stepmom, who passed away in '08, ended up diagnosed with Pick's disease. I'd never heard of it, and haven't heard it mentioned since then. It is pretty rare I think. It was not a good situation and it was very disabling.

message 21: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Yeah. I've never heard of it. It sounds very debilitating :( I've read to ch4 which looks like a long one so I think I'll tackle it tomm.

Terry | 4930 comments I'll read ch3 tonight so I'm caught up :)

Terry | 4930 comments The text in ch4 is different even than ch2 - a mystery in a mystery :)

message 24: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments So my guess is ch 4 is different because it's a flashback of what Steve's father did to his ex-wife? I can't imagine not knowing that my dad was married before, but I guess if you don't ask you won't know. I'm sure it happens.

Adamus | 806 comments Yea that's true I just wonder how Chapter 2 ties into the story

Terry | 4930 comments Addy wrote: "So my guess is ch 4 is different because it's a flashback of what Steve's father did to his ex-wife? I can't imagine not knowing that my dad was married before, but I guess if you don't ask you won..."

And what a way to find out, too, when your father is in a mental institute.

Adamus wrote: "Yea that's true I just wonder how Chapter 2 ties into the story"

The mystery of parallel storylines!

message 27: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Adamus wrote: "Chapter 7 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 28: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments I've stopped at ch8 (view spoiler)

Terry | 4930 comments Addy wrote: "I've stopped at ch8 [spoilers removed]"

Things keep escalating, so we may find out he was that bad! (view spoiler)

Adamus | 806 comments Addy wrote: "I've stopped at ch8 [spoilers removed]"

Chapter 8 (view spoiler)

Adamus | 806 comments Terry wrote: "Addy wrote: "I've stopped at ch8 [spoilers removed]"

Things keep escalating, so we may find out he was that bad! [spoilers removed]"

Yea I was thinking the same thing Terry I also thought about Chapter 8 (view spoiler)

Terry | 4930 comments Adamus wrote: "Terry wrote: "Addy wrote: "I've stopped at ch8 [spoilers removed]"

Yea I was thinking the same thing Terry I also t..."

I expect the same thing, Adamus. I read ch8 and ch9 today. Ch9 has to be one of the weirdest chapters I've read in any book! (view spoiler)

Adamus | 806 comments Terry wrote: "Adamus wrote: "Terry wrote: "Addy wrote: "I've stopped at ch8 [spoilers removed]"

Yea I was thinking the same thing..."

Lmao I was just gonna say the same thing Terry LOL Chapter 9 was sooo weird! Chapter 9 (view spoiler)

message 34: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Ch8(view spoiler)

Terry | 4930 comments Addy wrote: "Ch8[spoilers removed]"

No kidding! That was a little too easy for him.

Adamus | 806 comments Addy wrote: "Ch8[spoilers removed]"

Yea it was too easy & possibly he might just end up doing a lot more because he seems like he's trying to hide the truth & avoid real answers. (view spoiler)

message 37: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Adamus wrote: "Terry wrote: "Adamus wrote: "Terry wrote: "Addy wrote: "I've stopped at ch8 [spoilers removed]"

Yea I was thinking ..."

Exactly, what does it have to do with anything? Bizarre! Unless the curse of the hand god is what is afflicting Steve's father but even that is a reach.

Terry | 4930 comments Addy wrote: "Adamus wrote: "Terry wrote: "Adamus wrote: "Terry wrote: "Addy wrote: "I've stopped at ch8 [spoilers removed]"

Yea ..."

I don't know how BL will pull this off, lol!

message 39: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments It will be a miracle or a flop....hoping for a miracle though...lol.

Adamus | 806 comments Addy wrote: "It will be a miracle or a flop....hoping for a miracle though...lol."

Lmao I dunnooo sounds like it could lean more to a flop but hopefully not lol

message 41: by Terry (last edited Jun 14, 2017 06:21PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Terry | 4930 comments I'm holding out hope!

message 42: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Well I looked at the reviews and he got a lot of 4s and 5s so let's just go with it!

Adamus | 806 comments Addy wrote: "Well I looked at the reviews and he got a lot of 4s and 5s so let's just go with it!"

Yea I seen the same thing it def prob picks up

Adamus | 806 comments I started Chapter 10 & it makes a little more sence now with the Chapter 9 lol thought we were in for a odd one

message 45: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Good to know. I'll be getting back to it here pretty soon.

message 46: by Damian (new)

Damian Serbu (damianserbu) | 8 comments The changing text thing is distracting me!

Adamus | 806 comments Don't worry Damian it gets better as you go along makes more sence

Adamus | 806 comments I read up to Chapter 13 might pick up on it later but don't wanna get too much ahead, but Chapter 10 (view spoiler)

Adamus | 806 comments Chapter 11 (view spoiler)

message 50: by Damian (new)

Damian Serbu (damianserbu) | 8 comments Thanks! Because otherwise I am enjoying the story.

Adamus wrote: "Don't worry Damian it gets better as you go along makes more sence"

« previous 1 3