American Gods: All Gaiman, All The Time discussion

Welcome! Please Introduce Yourself!

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Master Melvin M.  Lusterio (aionheaven) | 3 comments Hi, I'm Melvyn, nice group we have here, thanks for sharing!

message 2: by V. (new)

V. Black Hi! I'm Vanessa.

I've been a huge fan of Neil's since I was thirteen. I'm now 27, and have an alarmingly large space on my bookshelf dedicated to his work (and so far, one tattoo of his works, as well!).

I was lucky enough to see him read at the first C2E2, and when he read one of my favorite stories (Shoggoth's Old Peculiar), I am not ashamed to admit that I cried. XD

message 3: by N3O (new)

N3O (_n30_) Great group....I love all things Gaiman.

Looking forward to reading and discussing all the subjects!

message 4: by Kandice (new)

Kandice Welcome V. and N30.! I've seen him numerous times and just love the guy. In addition to being so talented, he seems like a genuinely lovely person. And that voice...

message 5: by N3O (new)

N3O (_n30_) Quelle chance tu as! I have watched interviews and such of him; but to see him in person would be amazing! He seems quite nice.

message 6: by Terry (new)

Terry | 1 comments Hey there! Like the rest of you all I love Neil Gaiman's work. Looking forward to some great discussions!

message 7: by Kendall (new)

Kendall Nolan Which authors tickle you as much as NG does? OK, maybe NO ONE tickles you as much as he does but who comes close?

message 8: by Kandice (new)

Kandice Kendall wrote: "Which authors tickle you as much as NG does? OK, maybe NO ONE tickles you as much as he does but who comes close?"

I love Stephen King, Gail Carriger, Charlaine Harris, Philip K. Dick, Joe Hill and Anne Rice, but none have the same quirky voice he has.

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Szymaszek | 3 comments Hi :) So excited to find a group about Gaiman! Looking forward to having some great conversations!

message 10: by rogues (new)

rogues | 1 comments hi! i just started re-reading american gods so am quite excited to have joined this group.

message 11: by Amy (new)

Amy (darillium) | 2 comments Hello! I'm Amy, very excited to be here. Very pleased to have the option to talk about Gaiman with other fans.

message 12: by a.g.e. montagner (last edited Apr 05, 2020 03:02AM) (new)

a.g.e. montagner (agemontagner) | 3 comments Thanks for creating the group.
My introduction to Gaiman was the second Death miniseries, originally published in Italy in an anthological magazine with other Vertigo miniseries. Then I started collecting the Sandman paperbacks. Neverwhere wasn't even out yet! I bought it years later in the airport, just before flying back from my first trip to London.

Speaking of which...
I find it a bit odd to name a group about this very British author "American Gods". I would rather have used Neverwhere, Stardust... or possibly Crazy Hair!

message 13: by Alec (new)

Alec Frampton | 1 comments They'd all be good names for the group. The Death miniseries brings back memories, those were all great reads

message 14: by Amanda Haynes (new)

Amanda Haynes | 4 comments I’m new to Goodreads and a big fan of Gaiman! Glad to find a group dedicated to his work!

message 15: by Kelly Vaden (new)

Kelly Vaden | 1 comments Hi, everyone. I’m Kelly and I just joined the group today. Looking forward to chatting with you all.

message 16: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 1 comments Hey everybody! My name is Kelsey and I have been trying to figure out which version of American Gods to finally buy? Just finished Season 3 of the TV show and I love it but I firmly believe books are better than any show. I would love to get suggestions or comments on which to choose. Ive been told that the 10th edition is the best but I want more insight. Also, any other Gaiman books out there to check out? Thinking about Norse Mythology as well. Thanks!