Fresno County Public Library discussion

Just for Fun > If you could choose any fictional character to join you on a road-trip or other kind of vacation, who would you choose and why?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristin (last edited Jun 13, 2017 11:32AM) (new)

Kristin B | 28 comments Mod
I've been thinking about this, and I'm having an easier time coming up with a list. Here are a few characters from literature I'd jump at the chance to travel with:

Beatrice from Much Ado About Nothing - When I was a kid, thanks to Emma Thompson's portrayal, she was one of the first fictional women I really idolized. A witty conversationalist and a force to be reckoned with, I think she'd be a fantastically fun roadtrip companion.

Joe Kavalier, from The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Klay - What's not to love about an artsy, dashing escapist devoted to undermining Nazi propaganda and saving his family?

Harry Dresden, from The Dresden Files - If nothing else, it would be an adventure!

Outside of literature? The Tenth Doctor (Doctor Who), hands down.

message 2: by Jill (new)

Jill | 5 comments Mod
Oh! Another good one that will take a bit of thought! Can this involve a bit of time travel?

message 3: by Spookygirl (new)

Spookygirl (caspookygirl) | 5 comments Wow, that's a hard one.. Right now, Mr. Wednesday.. but that might not be the best choice for my health :P

message 4: by Kristin (new)

Jill wrote: "Oh! Another good one that will take a bit of thought! Can this involve a bit of time travel?"

I don't see why not! :)

message 5: by John (new)

John Beynon (johnbeynon) | 2 comments Maybe Moll Flanders. She’d have lots of stories to tell, and she’d get us into plenty of shenanigans. I might need to bring along plenty of bail money, though.

message 6: by Kristin (new)

Oh, but the stories you'd be left with! Possibly worth it?