What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Flavor of the Week
This topic is about Flavor of the Week
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA fiction- possibly romance. MC trying to get into culinary school [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Gretchen | 7 comments Hello,
I'm looking for a book about a student (I'm assuming high school) that really wants to get into culinary school. I think the main character was a male, but I could be mistaken. I only remember the plot at the end. He has a big audition with a well known school and, because of the crisis of a friend (I think it was a female friend and possibly a love interest, although, again, I could have any or all of that wrong wrong) he doesn't look at his recipes much before hand. During the interview he cuts open his hand and then doesn't read ahead to know that the (mouse?) will take too long to cool. He gets rejected. The (friends?) make up. He gets another interview because someone convinced the school (possibly a parent) with an old bottle of very vintage wine. He ends up making the cookies the other character loves for the desert portion and gets in. There were recipes at the end. I believe the title was something to the effect of flavor of the week or recipe of the day. Thanks in advance!

message 2: by Rosa (last edited Jun 06, 2017 04:47PM) (new) - added it

Gretchen | 7 comments Thanks! I saw that one before but wasn't sure that was it as I only remembered the end. I'm glad I found it. :)

message 4: by Rosa (last edited Feb 22, 2018 06:29PM) (new) - added it

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4974 comments I found it, but you're welcome.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37536 comments Mod
Plot detail added to header.