Oprah's Book Club (Official) discussion

General > Do anybody know and good Christian fiction

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Darlene (new)

Darlene Harrington | 4 comments Am in search for a good read

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

You can go to www.acfw.com (American Christian Fiction Writer). They will have a listing of all the Christian writers. You should be able to find something there. It depends on what kind of fiction you are looking for.

message 3: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (flashmom10) | 1 comments Francine Rivers is a great Christian author.

Lorrea - WhatChaReadin'? (whatchatreadin) | 275 comments Kimberla Lawson Roby writes a lot of interesting Christian Fiction.

message 5: by Darlene (new)

Darlene Harrington | 4 comments Thank u so much y'all are awesome

message 6: by Sherrell (new)

Sherrell | 2 comments Francine Rivers is a great author. Redeeming Love is one of my favorite books by her. Also Liz Curtis Higgs. Love her three part book series Thorn in my Heart. Love love love it! I have Joshua by Joseph Girzone and some books by Jacquelin Thomas.

message 7: by Sherrell (new)

Sherrell | 2 comments Karen Kingsbury writes some good stuff too!

message 8: by Angela (new)

Angela Turner | 1 comments Our Lady Of The Lost And Found
Diane Schoemperlen

"On a Monday morning in April, a middle-aged writer finds a woman standing in front of the fig tree in her living room. The woman is wearing a navy blue trench coat and white Nikes, and is carrying a small black suitcase. She is the Virgin Mary and, she explains, after 2,000 years of petition, adoration and travel, she is in need of some R&R."

Fun read if you're familiar with Catholicism and the emphasis on Mary during the month of May. Heavy on church history in parts.

message 9: by Julia (new)

Julia North | 12 comments Hi - I have two books which have strong themes - one the redemption of a child soldier with which I am supporting the charity Warchild - Lieutenant Hotshot - The Story of an Invisible Child and also a psychological thriller dealing with the afterlife 'Hear Me'
Both have strong themes but have received good reviews and are worth reading if you want something with a difference. Julia

message 10: by Michele (new)

Michele Chynoweth (michelechynoweth) | 2 comments Hi, Can I humbly recommend my three books, all contemporary novels based on Old Testament stories in the Bible filled with suspense and a little romance? They are: The Faithful One (based on the Book of Job), The Peace Maker (based on the story of David and Abigail in the First Book of Samuel) and The Runaway Prophet (based on the Book of Jonah)...edgy yet inspirational novels that get across God's message by re-imagining the Bible stories with modern characters and plots so today's readers can relate! For more info check them out on my Goodreads profile page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show... or my website: http://www.michelechynoweth.com thanks and God bless!

message 11: by Mona (new)

Mona  Kamel | 2 comments Hi, I can recommend you the books of Matshona Dhliwayo. I have read his beautiful novella, Lalibela's Wise Man, and it was a very good read. and I am currently reading another one, Dinner With King Solomon.

message 12: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Beck | 46 comments Beverly Lewis is one great writer you will love to read. More later.

message 13: by Carissa (new)

Carissa (bluelightningjeep) Never read anything by her, but a lot of our patrons like Karen Kingsbury.

I personally couldn't put the Left Behind Series by Jerry Jenkins and Tim Lahaye down.

message 14: by BernieMck (new)

BernieMck | 3 comments For good Christian fiction check out "Bones of Fire" by Eric M Hill or "Surviving Sunday" by Melinda Michelle. Both of these books are book 1 in a series. I really liked both of them.

message 15: by Erika (new)

Erika | 4 comments Miracle at the Higher Grounds Cafe is a really sweet read

message 16: by Shri (new)

Shri (sreemagiccarpetbooks) | 2 comments Marilynne Robinson's Gilead trilogy is an amazing read.

message 17: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (an80slady6886) I've enjoyed Colleen Coble and her romantic suspense movels.

message 18: by Mary (new)

Mary | 1 comments The At Home in Mitford series is one of my favorites. I just got the most recent book today at Savers.

message 19: by May (new)

May (mayzie) | 404 comments I loved the Mitford series, also!!! Wonderful characters, engaging plots and a lovely place in time!!

message 20: by Marti (new)

Marti Etchells | 6 comments Darlene wrote: "Am in search for a good read"

Yes two of my favorite novels:
Ordinary Grace by Wiilliam Kent Kreuger
Peace Like a River by Leif Enger

-Marti

message 21: by Christiane (new)

Christiane (tiane) | 1 comments I love Orson Scott Card's writing style and storytelling, and he has a series on Women of Genesis: Sarah, , Rebekah, and Rachel & Leah

message 22: by Onyebuchi (new)

Onyebuchi | 4 comments I have enjoyed "All You Need To Have All Your Needs Met" by David Oyedepo. I trust you Will read it over again and again.

message 23: by Paraclete (new)

Paraclete Press Books | 1 comments Here is a great book coming out soon: Can You See Anything Now? by Katherine James, (she's a member of the Redbud Writers Guild).
www.paracletepress.com/Products/19316...

message 24: by Steph (new)

Steph “The Shack” by Wm. Paul Young is an AMAZING Christian fiction that has changed my life by the way it made me think! ❤️

message 25: by Carmen (new)

Carmen | 1 comments Francine Rivers is an amazin Christian author.

message 26: by Eugenie (last edited Nov 07, 2017 10:52AM) (new)

Eugenie (gracechild) | 3 comments Hi if you are looking for suspenseful Christian Romantic Fiction please check out my titles:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 27: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 3 comments The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom will change your life!
AND, Same Kind of Different As Me.

Both true stories ---- AMAZING!

message 28: by James (new)

James Robinson The Accelerant Series: Political intrigue, terrorism, and crime. Epic and engaging colossal series. www.6extinction.com

Accelerant Series Givaways
Just In Time for The Holidays! Enter to Win: https://www.6extinction.com
Book Giveaway For Accelerant...The Sixth Extinction
Accelerant...The Sixth Extinction by James Morris Robinson