Play Book Tag discussion

Footnotes 2017-2018 > Start packing now ...

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5630 comments Oh my stars! I never realized how much "stuff" I've accumulated in my office over the years.

Plant ... photos ... calendar ... pen/pencil "carousel" ... hand lotion, hand sanitizer, eye drops ... reference books ... candy dish ... coffee mugs (Yes, more than one)...

All I seem to be doing this week is packing! Friday is my last day and each day I'm taking a box of stuff to the car. And I've filled the giant recycling bin twice already!

I'm telling you ... don't wait for retirement .. start cleaning "house" today!

message 2: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3782 comments Congratulations on the retirement, BC!
Bring a box of tissues for the last day ;)

message 3: by Karin (new)

Karin | 6919 comments Your retirement is so close now! Congratulations and I agree with Joi, be sure to have lots of tissues on hand Friday.

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8278 comments Sending you blessings for a moving week, double entendre intended. Savor every moment, and enjoy what's next to come.

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael (mike999) | 569 comments Worth celebrating and reflecting on for sure. Let the second half of your life be exciting and bold!

"Grow old with me,
The best is yet to be."

message 6: by Jgrace (new)

Jgrace | 2748 comments You have my congratulations and my sympathy. If it makes you feel any better, your office couldn't possibly hold more than an elementary school classroom after 30 years of teaching. Two trips to the dumpsters didn't even scratch the surface.

message 7: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8115 comments Wow - congratulations! I'm so jealous!

message 8: by Marina (new)

Marina (sonnenbarke) Congratulations! I agree with the others, tissues at hand on the last day! I'm sure you're going to enjoy your retirement immensely, though :)

message 9: by Elise (new)

Elise (ellinou) | 524 comments Congratulations! Well deserved I'm sure! And don't do like my mom,
who has been retired for almost a year now and yet still complains weekly that she has too much work (she'd clearly doing retirement wrong)

Book Concierge wrote: "coffee mugs (Yes, more than one"

Lol, I've been at my current job just a little over two years, I already have three mugs on my desk XD

message 10: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5630 comments Ha ... I have two boxes of tissues on my desk ... one on the left of my computer, and another tucked into the bookshelf just above my right shoulder! Easy reach with either hand!

message 11: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8115 comments Ellie wrote: "And don't do like my mom,
who has been retired for almost a year now and yet still complains weekly that she has too much work (she'd clearly doing retirement wrong)..."

LOL!

message 12: by punxsygal (new)

punxsygal | 270 comments Happy retirement!!!

message 13: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5630 comments Didn't need the tissues ... at all. But I was working to wipe my computer clean right up to the last minute.

Hubby taking me out tonight for a special dinner ... we are going to a "nice restaurant" but he won't tell me where ....

message 14: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments So exciting! Congratulations and enjoy your dinner. 😊

message 15: by Ladyslott (new)

Ladyslott | 1880 comments Congratulations.

message 16: by Rachel N. (new)

Rachel N. | 1440 comments Congratulations!

message 17: by Jenni Elyse (new)

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1266 comments Congratulations! And, I can only imagine. I have a ton of stuff at work, lol.

message 18: by Karin (new)

Karin | 6919 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Didn't need the tissues ... at all. But I was working to wipe my computer clean right up to the last minute.

Hubby taking me out tonight for a special dinner ... we are going to a "nice restauran..."

Congrats! I hope dinner was/is lovely!

message 19: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5490 comments Congratulations. I am eagerly awaiting mine....expect to retire in 1 1/2 years.

message 20: by JoLene (new)

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments Yeah -- congrats!!

message 21: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5630 comments Dinner WAS lovely. He took me to the restaurant where he originally proposed ... same exact table, even.

message 22: by Rachel N. (new)

Rachel N. | 1440 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Dinner WAS lovely. He took me to the restaurant where he originally proposed ... same exact table, even."
Aww, that is so great.

message 23: by Karin (new)

Karin | 6919 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Dinner WAS lovely. He took me to the restaurant where he originally proposed ... same exact table, even."

How romantic and sweet :)

message 24: by Olivermagnus (new)

Olivermagnus (lynda214) | 1938 comments Welcome to retirement....it's been the best time of my life.

message 25: by Jgrace (new)

Jgrace | 2748 comments Olivermagnus wrote: "Welcome to retirement....it's been the best time of my life."

Couldn't agree more. Welcome to the club, BC

message 26: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3782 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Dinner WAS lovely. He took me to the restaurant where he originally proposed ... same exact table, even."

AWWWW! That's so adorable!!! So sweet.

message 27: by Barbara M (new)

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2178 comments I can hardly believe that I've been retired now for 7 years! I've loved every minute. I never say I have too much work but sometimes I am too busy . . . . playing and having fun. It seems that everyone says that they are so busy in retirement that they don't know how they found time to work. I know the answer, they never had time to play! Enjoy your retirement and don't wait to start to do all the things you've put off for years!

message 28: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 782 comments Congratulations!